Longhorn or Vista?

Started by FabianN, August 14, 2005, 10:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destroyrhawk

meh, I don't think microsoft would really take notice on it.  It would be awesome if they came up with themes of the os-tans when you install a new computer and what not.  

About the Vista/Longhorn,  I would just go with Vista.  It would cause confusion and what not on forums I think if somebody keeps naming the same thing with two different names.

Darknight_88

I think we readed that statement in the older version of OS-tan Collections (when we had Quotes and Shoutbox). As I remember, Agelu posted it, but I'm not sure its really true...lol, I'd want to know Bill Gates opinion about XP-tan eating so much resources.

By now, I got used to Vista, it doesnt sounds so bad after a few months

Alfamille

Vista=it fits the character well. It sounded like a mystical princess which i think she looks like one.

Kyo26

i prefer longhorn cos it sounds better....but i guess i cud get used to Vista

Jon Fawkes

I like the name Vista. It sounds more fit for an OS-tan. I actually think the name Vista sounds kinda cute when associated with an OS-tan

ãÆ'“スタ-たん (I think that's right...) (bi-su-ta...shortens to bisu...which means "bitch" I think)

SleepyD

Quote from: "Jon Fawkes"
ãÆ'“スタ-たん (I think that's right...) (bi-su-ta...shortens to bisu...which means "bitch" I think)

??!

sauce?

CaptBrenden

Actually, acording to my computer consultant buddy, Longhorn is now the name for their current server.  So a Longhorn tan can still be used.. just she has become Sabas younger sister
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

FFViper

Thats an interesting development!

Aurora Borealis

Back when the Vista and Longhorn-tans were pretty much the same person, I liked Longhorn better because I've heard of it first but now I think Vista sounds better! Mainly because I can make puns and references to it! :D

CaptBrenden

I never liked longhorn -_- I was born on a ranch.. long horns are big ugly stupid animals.. that smell.. and i cant help but thing of them when I hear that name.  Longhorn should be like saba.. but a longhorn with a hub on its head

Jon Fawkes

I agree!

I don't know, if done correctly, a Longhorn-tan would be cute

desu

Why did they choose the name Vista, anyway? I know Longhorn is just a codename, but yeah, I already used to Longhorn.

Kami-Tux

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I never liked longhorn -_- I was born on a ranch.. long horns are big ugly stupid animals.. that smell..

Well, I guess it is not too far off then... isn't it? I mean, all those not implemented features and the fact that winhistory.de need 9 GB harddrive space for this OS...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

CaptBrenden

bloody heck, for the last time, take the bloody bashing about the OS to the thread about the OS.  We are disscussing the NAME of it here. wether people liked longhorn as a name or vista as a name.

sorry, I was out of line. I dont want to sound angry or mean, but seriosly, we know what you think about it.  If you would like to make a bash microsoft and everything they have ever made thread, feel free too that way like minded people can help you bash and those of us that dont hate microsoft dont need to keep reading it.  

Not every thread that even mentions them needs a quip in it about why you think they suck, especialy when its not even close to what the topic is.  Some people here do use microsoft and dont hate it and might be getting a little annoyed by the bashing in every thread that you get the opertunity.

Kami-Tux

Sorry, a Tux can't get out of its feathers...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!