Longhorn or Vista?

Started by FabianN, August 14, 2005, 10:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FabianN

With the offical name of the new Windows out, there are some people that are sticking with it's code name, Longhorn, and others that are moving on and accepting it's new name.
Which one will you use?

L33t 4g3nt

oh...I didn't see this when I posted my shout...

I actually prefer Longhorn. probably based off of the fact that I've been so used to hearing "Longhorn this..." and "Longhorn that..." It's a hard habit to break, from changing Longhorn to Vista.

Agelu

Arrrgh... this is a tough one...

It's a pity that all drawing of such Longhorn-tan are now kinda obsolete. I would really like to see the official model of Vista-tan. I guess that Futaba will make it.

It would be great if we were the ones!! ^_^  But we BADLY need artists! :(

Other thing... making the name "Vista" means that Win OSes no longer have a 2-letter name. You know... 3.11 95 98 SE ME NT 2K XP ... So now people are popularizing (is that spelled right...  0_< ) the "Windows VI", 'cause its the sixth (a Sith Windows!!!  :heh: ) real Win version. "VI" its ok... i think...

Yeah, yeah, i know that many of you knew all this stuff, but i posted it just for those who didn't knew.

Anyway, it was inevitable. All Win versions had a code name on betas, for example, 95 was "Chicago", and XP "Whistler".

I still don't vote... let me think this one....  :unsure:  

Darknight_88

Vista....sounds weird after all this time hearing "Longhorn"....but the times change, so we'll get used to "Vista"

And the official model of Vista-tan....I dont think we'll see it soon. Until Microsoft release the OS and ppl can see its characteristics, we wont see a final model.

Agelu

...after massive "meditating" i could finally found to which one vote... "Vista!!" Now let's see how much voted for vi--- WHAT?? O_O  I'm the only one? :blink:  Don't get me wrong, i like Longhorn, but... oh well, kinda accepted the "truth"...

...perhaps i should... :&  

Ayromek

I'm not really thrilled with either of the names, but I'll go with Vista for the time being.  (Though you have to admit - Microsoft building an OS in the image of a bull is certainly appropriate.)

Tsuteto

Vista.  Why?  Because it's shorter to type in full.

That and I never got accustomed to either, so why not just go with the new?

Agelu

QUOTE (Ayromek @ Aug 22 2005, 11:51 AM)
(Though you have to admit - Microsoft building an OS in the image of a bull is certainly appropriate.) [/quote]
 :lol:  hahahaha....

yeah, true, true...  :bleh:  

Darknight_88

QUOTE (Tsuteto @ Aug 22 2005, 12:13 PM)
Vista.  Why?  Because it's shorter to type in full.
[/quote]
true, longhorn too long.
Im going to miss the age when Windows OS had really simple names ....someone rember 95, 98, NT, ME, XP?...sniff, sniff, old times....lol

But by now, im getting used to the "Vista" name  :lol:

Agelu

I insist: Remember, people are trying to make common the "Windows VI" short name. Let's see what happens of this...

BTW: Yeeesss!! I have "upgraded" again! No longer a MS-DOS!!  :yes: Thorugh, i have been always a DOS lover... ^.^  

FabianN

Yea, I do like the sound/look of VI, but I really like the horns... They are sooo cute ^_^

CaptBrenden

eee o.o maybe im weird, but I disliked the horns, thats why she was my least favorite OS girl.  

Maybe im just retarded, but I thought that Microsoft, being the money grubbing opertunists they are, anounced that they were going to officaly release a design for vista tan along with the OS. (dosent suprise me if its true, heck I thought they would have got their grubby little hands on our lovely girls already and exploited and perverted them)
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Microsoft releasing a Vista-tan?! where, when?!! i wanna see it!!!!. But maybe not good idea...dont wanna know what'll be of the OS-tans in the dirty hands of Microsoft
*sigh*

CaptBrenden

Like I said, I dont remember o.O maybe it was just a dream.. rather a nightmare.  But I could have sworn i remember that.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NykylaiHellray

I would like the vista name if they incorperated the horns ^_^