Intel Dual core
2 (9.5%)
Intel Quad core
1 (4.8%)
Intel Single core (64-bit)
2 (9.5%)
Intel Single core (32-bit)
5 (23.8%)
Intel Legacy CPU (the stuff nobody knows or is really old, and please post wich one :D)
2 (9.5%)
AMD Dual core
3 (14.3%)
AMD Quad core
1 (4.8%)
AMD Single core (64-bit)
2 (9.5%)
AMD Single core (32-bit)
2 (9.5%)
AMD Legacy CPU (Same here, Old and post wich one plz)
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 11, 2008, 01:55:38 PM

Smokey

yeeees... i try to keep my systems running until they give out or if they need servicing/upgrading... *grins his face off*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Bella

How do you count an uptime? Is it the time a computer's actually powered on and running, or just the time between reboots?

I've always been curious...cause I can go weeks without rebooting...and I don't think my other XP machine has been rebooted in months XD

Smokey

Well, that depends... If I have to make a quick reboot because of an install, I sometimes don't substract them from the uptime...But I've managed to keep my systems running for years without any reboot whatsoever... (nowadays my router sometimes craps out but that doesn't count against the uptime of my system... :D)

Added after 53 seconds:

P.S. It's soooooow good to be browsing again on a normal P.C. instead of my PSP...  ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

CyberFoxx

Let's see, I got my "main" desktop computer which is a Celeron D, and I constantly switch from 32-bit (WinXP) to 64-bit (Linux) on it. (*Checks both the "Intel Single core (64-bit)" and "Intel Single core (32-bit)" boxes*)  I also have my "secondary" desktop computer which is a Freescale 7450. (PowerPC G4 in other words) Then I have my two servers, a Pentium III fileserver and a Pentium II firewall. (*Checks the "Intel Legacy CPU" box*)

Really wish PPC was a poll option, would've been nice to see how many here have one. ^_^

Smokey

Quote from: "CyberFoxx"...Then I have my two servers, a Pentium III fileserver and a Pentium II firewall....

ooh! Dual CPU-mainboard???  ;010
Thanks Fedora-sama

CyberFoxx

Quote from: "Smokey"ooh! Dual CPU-mainboard???  ;010

Sadly no, I'm still looking for a decent dual Slot1 board. For now they're just using stanadard ASUS desktop boards, a P3B-F (Gotta love the Intel 440BX Chipset. ^_^) for the Pentium III 450Mhz and a P2L97 (440LX) for the Pentium II 300Mhz.

What I'd most likely do if I got a dual Slot 1 board, is set it up with dual Pentium II 300s. I do have another Pentium II 300 CPU, but I sadly don't have another Pentium III 450 CPU. Then I'd use it for the fileserver, and use the Pentium III 450 as the firewall. Thing is, trying to find Intel chipset based dual Slot1 boards is almost impossible these days. Tons of VIA and SIS ones, but I've always had problems with VIA-based Slot1 boards, and I've never had any good experiance with SIS hardware in general.

windowsgirl

Neptune: the OS that never was

Smokey

Quote from: "CyberFoxx"...Thing is, trying to find Intel chipset based dual Slot1 boards is almost impossible these days. Tons of VIA and SIS ones, but I've always had problems with VIA-based Slot1 boards, and I've never had any good experiance with SIS hardware in general.

No problem over here, just go to a refurbisher and scavenge their disassembly bins :D (that's how i got a dual PII and a quad PentiumPro server...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

C-Chan

There's still no love for these guys yet....  ^v^;

Smokey

I've got this one:

And these ones (not the It's ST):

And I want one of these :D:
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

You people with your tiny little CPUs...now these are my kinda CPUs! Cause I need them to run on (yes, with my new VMS rank)

From a VAX machine:

And the newer Intel Itanium:

Now that's what I call a processor!

Smokey

You were saying something about processors?

Ãœber-mega-hyper-Vintage-attack!!
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

What I want, is two shiny Core 2's or something of the same look, hanging on a necklace around my neck. BINARY-BLING!!! >w<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Get hardware (any), a power-drill, and a can of chrome paint...You're set... :D
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS