Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Poor Tiger-tan, she's angry because she was replaced. She had been up to that point the OSX version that was current for the longest time, but still holds the record. No other OSX version has lasted over 2 years.

Thanks! The timing really was good here! :D

Krizonar

Yeah, poor Tiger-Tan, at least she still has a place in my home! (The iBook won't run Leopard)

Chocofreak13

@AURORA(happy bells?): OMG, i didn't know the mac family was so diverse in personality!! juicy. you GOTTA give me pics so i can start using them. *w*
OS8 was peaceful based off of pics of her. she's usually a little baby, looking so sweet and innocent.
and LISA always looked so....aggressive? especially since she was such a brat as a kid, and that pic of her with the rifle, and the Mac Mafia pic.....
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

^In those pics you're referring to, that's System 7.5-tan, though she does look a lot like Lisa-tan (if she had her hair down) or a longer-haired Mac OS9-tan.

Bella

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"OMG, i didn't know the mac family was so diverse in personality!! juicy. you GOTTA give me pics so i can start using them. *w*

*Sigh*

Chocofreak13

shu'up. it was late when i posted that. -__-;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"^In those pics you're referring to, that's System 7.5-tan, though she does look a lot like Lisa-tan (if she had her hair down) or a longer-haired Mac OS9-tan.

the one i was thinking of had the hair down. could have sworn that was lisa, thought the whole hair-swoosh-in-front-of-the-face thing was lisa's. :\

eh, i'd still like to think of lisa as the matriarch.......since she's pretty much the oldest...
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

^Apple II is the oldest, actually, aside from the deceased Apple I of course! Let's just say that Lisa wouldn't be a good matriarch.

Chocofreak13

too crazy?

maybe she could be the figurehead. :3 she'd like that, i think.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Lisa-tan is melancholy, silent and semi-catatonic --and lives in obscurity--. In her early years she had a lot of pent up bitterness, sadness, loneliness, despair, and maybe even regret for mistreating Mac System 1-tan but could never admit it... but all that built up and an event about 20 years ago pushed her to her breaking point and has never fully recovered since then. :(

But as she is gradually recovering in retirement, maybe the Mac-tans will start to see her as a big sister instead of 'that scary girl Apple II looks after'.

Chocofreak13

ah, i see. she snapped and is locked away like win 1.0 (though 1.0 didn't snap :\).

so who is the matriarch? :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

What is it with the Apples and looking after insane, bitter -tans?

Bella

Quote from: "Choco"maybe she could be the figurehead. :3 she'd like that, i think.

Nah, 'cause the Lisa computer is considered a rather obscure pariah even within the Apple community (ditto the Apple ///). Therefor, Lisa wouldn't be looked upon with much respect by later generations.

Apple I-sama and II-tan are far more well-liked and fondly remembered.

Quote from: "Stew"What is it with the Apples and looking after insane, bitter -tans?

... Apple /// and SAGE? ^///^

Aurora Borealis

^Good question. (oops! Didn't see your post there, Bella!)

Apple II is the matriarch, she took over after Apple I's death. Lisa-tan wasn't locked away, she had left the Apple Family in 1993 along with Apple II, and were two of the co-founders (along with GS/OS, Amiga, Windows 1.0, 2.0 and UNIX as benefactor) of the Binteeji Renmei.

Krizonar

No matter what anyone says, Lisa will always have a place in my heart! Poor mistreated soul.