Vocaloid-tan and Vocaloid2-tan

Started by win7ultimate, January 09, 2011, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win7ultimate

To me Vocaloid is a program (actually 2 programs) that can still be personified!
I mean, I actually personified both Vocaloid editors as OS-tans.
The original Vocaloid was RELEASED IN 2004, NOT YEARS LATER! Vocaloid2 was released years later.
Vocaloid-tan is a music teacher, she is based on Vocaloid1 (2004).
Vocaloid2-tan is a pop singer, she is based on Vocaloid2 (2007).

They are both very different, but are both used for MUSIC!

I feel this way, because people don't seem to research and assume Vocaloid came years later, in which it didn't. It was released a year later, not years later.

By the way, they are the programs themselves, not fanmade Vocaloid characters.

Chocofreak13

1. if you do vocaloid, you have to do UTAU.
2. i'd be more apt to make a -tan for UTAU, since vocaloid usually comes pre-programmed while UTAU can be loaded with different voices.

even then, the vocaloids are usually the accepted -tans for the vocaloid software, since the point of the software was to create a singing character rather than JUST be a voice synth. :\
click to make it bigger

win7ultimate

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 09, 2011, 05:47:26 PM
1. if you do vocaloid, you have to do UTAU.
2. i'd be more apt to make a -tan for UTAU, since vocaloid usually comes pre-programmed while UTAU can be loaded with different voices.

even then, the vocaloids are usually the accepted -tans for the vocaloid software, since the point of the software was to create a singing character rather than JUST be a voice synth. :\

Hey, the first Vocaloids (Leon and Lola) had no character designs, they were just voices with genders, but people gave them fan made designs later on.
So not all Vocaloids have characters to them (especially VY1 and the some of the Engloids).

I was thinking doing UTAU-tan as well. And I have an UTAU named Haru-chan (she has two different names, so it's best to her Haru-chan)

Bella

I'm not into Vocaloid or the characters associated with it, but these are really cute! And I do agree with your assessment that the Vocaloid characters are just that - characters to go with the different synthesized voices, not -tans representing the program itself.

I like Vocaloid 1-tan the most, her hairdo is tres cute and I like her outfit too. GJ~

NejinOniwa

I call the law of -tan redundancy on this, but meh, do as you wish. Software is a rather non-priority area as of now, I'd say.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i agree with bells on 1, but i'd prefer a redesign on 2. she looks WAAAAY too much like Ruko Yokune. :\

click to make it bigger