Hardware Help Desk

Started by NejinOniwa, December 25, 2007, 04:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandiNinja

Does the problem still exist?

I grasped the situation here.... i know about computer..... but i mean not really much... but maybe this will help...

the conclusion what i get after reading this post:

1. you said..
QuoteAlso annoying is that the computer hangs itself real much, and ALWAYS if you happen to have a CD in your drive when you turn it on.
1st, Your DVD Drive maybe have a little problem here, xp-chan often freeze if the lens in your drive was weak and she tried to read a cd/dvd media, the problem will worsen if you give her a damaged or scratched cd/dvd media. This problem will gone if you remove the cd/dvd media from the tray. Does your drive new??
2nd, If your drive is new and you sure the lens are still in great condition then the problem could be in the PSU! The PSU supply power to your hardware maybe not enough for them to work correctly especially the processor and vga! What vga are you using?? is it the strong one? If it's true then you should change your PSU before your other hardware trully damaged!

2. Thermal paste...
This one is REALLY IMPORTANT! You should use it correctly if you don't want your cpu to go overheat... overheat could make your xp-chan freeze! Have you ever seen a cpu blown up cause lack of this thing? I've seen one!

3. Memory
Check your memory!! in my experience, about 5 of 10 pc that have the same problem as you, memory is the culprit! If you are using the cheap one, i suggest you to change this. If you are using the old one, try to clean the tip copper of your memory using the pencil eraser. Also try to install one of your memory then boot your computer and see if the problem still exist.... if it still exist, change with the other memory and boot your computer.... still exist? try to change the socket where your memory installed....

3. xp-chan!
What version is your xp-chan?? Compatibility of xp-chan and your hardware could be the problem. Lately, i tried xppro-chan sp3 and have the same problem with you! freeze... freeze.. and freeze... then i change to my old sp2 and the problem perish...

4. If you tried all that above and the problem still exist.... maybe the cause is motherboard problem or hardware compatibility problem.... return your pc to the shop where you buy it... and get your warranty!!

Good luck....!!!

NejinOniwa

I switched the mobo, cpu, memory and EVERYTHING for badass DDR3, QuadCore and X38 Crossfire compliant stuff. Daijoussu~ -w-

Besides, the problem wasn't related to the operative system since it existed even BEFORE I was able to install any OS on the damn thing. My guess is either the mobo, or the cpu - which I bought from USA over eBay and had sent to me in a tiny, tiny antistatic wrapping. In spring 2007. Go figure~ Besides, it broke later when I tried installing it on the second mobo I bought. (The current DELTA has the THIRD mobo bought in that series, hell froze over.)

Besides, custom-built pc's don't have warranty, you know. MAYBE the parts do, but meh. Too bothersome.

I'll decorate my room with them instead~ _W_
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

don't buy second hand computerstuff without a long test run...

better yet don't buy second hand computerstuff
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Yeah, I've learned that now.
(although the seller claimed that it was new and unused~ ->-)

Smokey

yeah, that's what you should say if you're selling...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

RandiNinja

Ooopss!! Guess i just answered the post from one year ago!!!
My bad!! I am just realized that just now!! ;001

QuoteI switched the mobo, cpu, memory and EVERYTHING for badass DDR3, QuadCore and X38 Crossfire compliant stuff. Daijoussu~ -w-
Geezzze!! That's powerfull, really powerfull, QuadCore and X38 Crossfire thing.... to think i am just using some old mobo with X2 processor... i feel really miserable...  :rolleyes:

I plan to change my pc with X4 but i'm currently short on budget...  ;014 poor me....

Smokey

dual core works just as fine, and if you're just using your PC for office and internetz, a humble PI/PII will suffice...
or even a 486, makes for a nice fanless PC...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

That's very true. My DELTA may be powerful enough to take anything on with the highest settings...

...provided she doesn't die of overheat. -.-
She's quite like me in that way, actually... -w-

Smokey

ah, like my pc was in her glory days...
Thanks Fedora-sama

RandiNinja

What PC you're currently using Smokey-san?

Smokey

AMD64 x2 4800+
ASUS M2N-32 SLI Deluxe WiFi-AP
4GB Corsair DDR2-800
2x nVidia GeForce8500GT 512MB in SLI
1,2TB of various HDDs

i need to upgrade, im a generation behind on the CPU and 2 generations behind on the VidCards...
Thanks Fedora-sama

partibmn

same here..computer surely need to upgrade every once a year