A Challenger appears!

Started by iDarbert, March 24, 2008, 06:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDarbert

So, think UNIX-tans and similar are the most obscure tans you can find?
Well meet Haiku, personification of the Haiku OS operating system, daughter of BeOS and twin sister of Zeta.

My first original character ever actually, dated back to the summer of 2003 when it still was supposed to be BeOS-tan.
Well, there is a 128x128 portrait, there is plenty of previous pictures of her in my gallery by the way so I guess I should've introduced her formally.

Well, there she is - Wakachan quasi-approved!

[attachment deleted by admin]

C-Chan

Wow, so you did have a Haiku-tan hidden somewhere, and it apparently predates Kami-Tux' version.  ^^

Awesome,... but I wish I had known about it so we could've credited you for it earlier.  ^^

I still worry that someone out there has a long-lost AmigaOS-tan that predates mine.  ^__^'

iDarbert

Quote from: "C-Chan"Wow, so you did have a Haiku-tan hidden somewhere, and it apparently predates Kami-Tux' version.  ^^
Yeah, the first draft ever is dated back 2002/2003 I believe, but it wasn't made public.
The first public appearance was on my DeviantArt, and dates back to something like Jul 27, 2005

I am very curious about Kami-Tux's version, after all different designs are the natural way for the OS-tans to evolve :)

QuoteI still worry that someone out there has a long-lost AmigaOS-tan that predates mine.  ^__^'
Not yet, but I drew a Nokia S60-tan a long time ago :D

Alfamille

hi there!  ;hi

Nice avatar! I assume that is one of the ++ version of Leopard-chan.

You seem to have a lot of interesting things. I saw your webpage and it was really neat. Also took a peek in DA front page.

That Haiku of yours was pretty neat too! Essa è adorabile!

iDarbert

QuoteNice avatar! I assume that is one of the ++ version of Leopard-chan.
Yeah I think the pink haired version comes from nijiura, but to me it's like the only one, I don't really like the "magical girl" one :P

QuoteYou seem to have a lot of interesting things. I saw your webpage and it was really neat.
Thanks, it was hard to settle for the right look but I think I kinda nailed it.
QuoteAlso took a peek in DA front page.
You must be the one in ages, I think I got exactly same pageviews I had when I left :D

And they said they cared... meh.

QuoteThat Haiku of yours was pretty neat too! Essa è adorabile!
Well thank you very much, or grazie mille as we say over here.

Bella

Oooh, Haiku-tan. Nice job! The only other Haiku-tan I have seen is Kami-Tux's:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10654/normal_haiku-tan.png