Voting closed: February 22, 2008, 10:43:55 PM

motorex259

what should i do
Nvidia 9600GT
or
wait
till
9800GT???
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWJoKnMEKnQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWJoKnMEKnQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

C-Chan

Um,.... not really sure if this needs its own thread and all, but you do seem like a Nvidia fan so make sure to make it count.  -v-

I for one am game with Nvidia,... they at least have traditionally made better drivers for my platform than ATI.  

As for your decision, we can't suggest anything without knowing....

A)  What you need it for.
B)  How much money you have to splurge on this
C)  What system do you use.

Otherwise, I'll just tell you to always err on the side of finance (in other words, pick the cheapest).

windowsgirl

Neptune: the OS that never was

Smokey

You clould also go for SLI.... But there's issues there too, at least on my system... I got pwned on Crysis by my friends single 8600GT while I have got 2 8500GT's and twice the video-memory... I don't know, maybe I'm not doing it right)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Silentbob

9600GT is pretty much comparable to 8800GT/GTS, perhaps somewhat less performance wise.  

If you need an upgrade from anything less than 8800GT, then 9600GT is useable.   Not sure what your actual needs are, but the 9600 is a good upgrade. If you are upgrading from a 8800GT/GTS, wait for the next generation.

CaptBrenden

humm this could have been asked in a gernal techincal help tread instead of a full thread itself...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.