Main Menu

OSC - Fashion Checkup

Started by NejinOniwa, November 29, 2007, 10:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

And!
Yes, it's time for another of these things - it's time for the members to analyze what they're wearing. Or rather, for me to analyze what you're wearing (heh, ITT pirate plays fashion doctor -w-) and make witty comments about it.

^
(NOT RLY)

No, but to get back on topic - what do you generally wear? What's your winter outfit (if you live in a place where you really need one), do you wear jeans (DO YOU!? DO YOU!?!?!?) a lot, and are you comfortable in "stiff" clothing like suits and such? And does your WARDROBE look like (on the inside, of course, silly)?

Follow it up, people! It's time for the OSC-wide Fashion Checkup!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

VonDaab

At moment it's pretty cold outside so I wear almost full winter clothing.
That is:
Head: - Black Army fieldcap
Face: - Sideburns in the 1820's style
Torso1: - Black T-shirt
Torso2: - Black longsleeved blouse(if its colder than -1'c outside)
Armor: - Black M65 fieldjacket
Legs1: - Black underwear
Legs2: - Black M65 Fieldpants
Feet1: - Black socks
Feet2: - Black M91 Boots

It's a matching set of epics, gives +10 in cold resistance and stealth.

NejinOniwa

[examine="Skill: Fashion Sense"]
You currently have 13 ranks in the "Fashion Sense" skill, and Skill Focus. [/examine]

[skill="Fashion Sense"]

+10 stealth, in all blacks? My man, black doesn't hide well in white, so you'd better only try that at night, else the snow's gonna give you out like a puma on a beach. Baljo lunta mitä taskolampi, som vi brukar säga.
NEXT!

[/skill]

Sideburns? Hell, i wish i had that much of a beard - or wait, i absolutely don't but anyway. Nice going there ^^ But wouldya like to fill us in on what your non-army wardrobe looks like, lumparkillen? (Nice of you to start the thread, still ^^)

VonDaab

13 ranks, what does that mean?

Well Black hides well here because it's pitch black dark 16hours/day, and I stay indoors when its daylight.

Non-army wardrobe?
I'm not that uber trendy to have multiple sets of clothes, I'm still a computer nerd you know...

QuoteBaljo lunta mitä taskolampi
I have no idea what you just said there.

NejinOniwa

Guh. Have you NEVER played D&D or anything?
Skill Ranks are like the measurement of how skilled you are at one particular...skill. Cross-class skills cost double points. -w-

Also, i know what you mean with pitch black...black when i go to school, black when i leave school. I waste all my daylight listening to teachers ^-^;

QuoteI have no idea what you just said there.
This is where my Finnish skills fail me. ;_;
(It means, lots of snow but no lamp)

Tsubashi

Hmm, it is winter around here, so while there's definitely a temperature drop, it's also usually cloudy. Thus, my favorite time of year.
My outfit typically stays consistent all through the year. I typically dress in nice slacks, a dress shirt and wear a silk tie. I typically dress in analogous colors (usually on the cooler side of the spectum: blue, mostly) Then lets not forget my Patek Phillippe, an extremely nice watch given to me by a friend. Black face, slim model, absolutely lovely. Similar to this one:

Then usually wore my Palm Pilot's belt clip, but it's battery no longer holds a charge (sad!) so nowadays I forgo that accessory.
I almost never wear jeans, and consequentially only own three pair. I own a number of polo shirts, usually worn on fridays, and some T-shirts I've collected over the years.
While I once had an extremely nice mahogany wardrobe, it didn't survive one of moves of my childhood. Probably best, seeing as nowadays all my clothing fits on a portable hanging rack and one 600 cm x 500 cm drawer. ^^'

So then, whadda ya think o' that? ^.^
-Tsu

VonDaab

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"This is where my Finnish skills fail me. ;_;
(It means, lots of snow but no lamp)

Oh, "Paljon lunta mutta ei taskulamppua" Lots of snow but no flashlight?
Så här?

Yeah, I've never played DnD, even if it'd be interesting. None of my friends are geeky enough to know what DnD is.

Tsubashi, whoa, a Patek Phillippe...  take good care of it.

Bella

My summer wardrobe is HUGE, but my winter one is...pretty down to earth for some reason O__o

I own more pairs of jeans than is right for one person, and like...one pair of cords...and a ton of colorful long-sleeved shirts/vests/hoodies/jackets etc. and some boots, and one good pair of casual shoes. I'm not a shoe horse by any means

...I'm very bold in my dress and mixing different elements, cause that's how a lot of the people seem to dress 'round here...I wear sunglasses when I'm outdoors (even in wintertime) cause my eyes are fairly sensitive...

I don't really wear dresses much, but I will for a party or special occasion...

And I love dressing up in costumes just for the heck of it, along with my friends ^_^ I'll dress either in frilly gowns or even sometimes like a dude XD

QuoteHmm, it is winter around here, so while there's definitely a temperature drop, it's also usually cloudy. Thus, my favorite time of year.
My outfit typically stays consistent all through the year. I typically dress in nice slacks, a dress shirt and wear a silk tie. I typically dress in analogous colors (usually on the cooler side of the spectum: blue, mostly) Then lets not forget my Patek Phillippe, an extremely nice watch given to me by a friend. Black face, slim model, absolutely lovely. Similar to this one:

Your one heck of a sharp dresser, Tsubashi! I mean, really...I don't even know where my cheesy $20 k-mart wristwatch resides, even as I type XD

I didn't know vampires dressed so nicely. I thought a cape and black outfit was the extent of their fashion sense :P I guess after watching those Mac ads, also, I figured most Mac users dressed like Justin Long. Thank you for breaking down two stereotypes!

(Note: I kid! I kid!)

Quote+10 stealth, in all blacks? My man, black doesn't hide well in white, so you'd better only try that at night, else the snow's gonna give you out like a puma on a beach.

I LOL'd with the puma comment!

QuoteWell Black hides well here because it's pitch black dark 16hours/day, and I stay indoors when its daylight.

Sounds like the daylight here ;)

Tsubashi

QuoteTsubashi, whoa, a Patek Phillippe... take good care of it.

Yeah, no kidding. I take no chances with that one.

QuoteYour one heck of a sharp dresser, Tsubashi! I mean, really...I don't even know where my cheesy $20 k-mart wristwatch resides, even as I type XD

Why thank you. While I may not dress to much more fancy than most, I think the watch adds an elegant flair which others may lack. ^__^
Besides which, after wearing a school uniform for a large part of my childhood, my current apparel seems almost overly casual ^^'

QuoteI didn't know vampires dressed so nicely. I thought a cape and black outfit was the extent of their fashion sense :P I guess after watching those Mac ads, also, I figured most Mac users dressed like Justin Long. Thank you for breaking down two stereotypes!

Lol, You are quite welcome ^.^

Added after 1 minutes:

QuoteWell Black hides well here because it's pitch black dark 16hours/day, and I stay indoors when its daylight.

Oooh, that would be nice (for obvious reasons ^^').
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

my wardrobe, it does nothing!

mostly because it is WAAYY too small. I buy too many cosplay costumes with my money instead of regular clothes D:

but right now Im wearing black winter weight BDUs, spit shined Bates combat boots, Galls brand level IIIA concealable body armor,  Underarmor brand t shirt black, black gortex feild jacket with fuzzy neck warmer, black hawk brand elbow and knee pads, duty belt with peerless handcuffs, fox brand OC spray, Asp colapsable batton, Pelican M6 tactical light, safariland holster with beretta Px4 Storm 9mm, a remington wristwatch from wall mart and nomex flight gloves.

._.  I is ready to roll around with bad guys.

Off duty, I like skirts and goth type clothing, like calf high boots with straps and such, or plaid skirts and such. combos of red black and white mostly.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Siya

Well, the clothes I gave myself in this picture are all based on clothes I actually have and wear somewhat regularly (when I'm not in work uniform).  I'm a winter, so I tend to wear high-contrast colors.  However, I tend to avoid the blues and greens, instead focusing on the warm colors (blacks, reds, yellows...and even the oranges (more an autumn color)).  

I try to dress in layers, then peel/add as the temperature rises and drops throughout the day.  I usually wear a T-shirt (which I also wear under my work uniform).  T-shirts are usually plain but, due to a brief infatuation with Threadless.com, there are a few prints in the mix.  As the colder days claim where I live, I often take to wearing a sweater or hooded sweatshirt over the T-shirt (sometimes one of each...or an additional button-up shirt).  Going out, I usually wear a jacket or coat appropriate for the temperature (often, however, not for the precipitation).  Warmer days gives me the option of a white jacket with a high collar and zipper; a black jacket with red sleeves; or a black leather, single-breasted sports jacket.  Cooler days give way to a heavier black leather jacket.  I tend to wear black leather gloves, because they aren't as bulky, but still keep my hands warm.  Hats and hoods come and go on a whim.  When wearing them on cold days, however, I try to choose ones that will cover my ears (currently, a red and black checked tuque is in high demand).  The scarf I wear is either the long, skinny, hand-made monstrosity depicted in the picture linked above (sans hands) or a much shorter and wider solid red, felt one.  Lately, I've tended toward black pants (but that's because my one pair of jeans is still packed away).  As a result, I also tend toward black socks.  However, sometimes I don't keep up with the laundry and am stuck with white or gray.  I prefer shoes I can slip on and off without too much effort, so boots are reserved for special occasions.  Shoes tend to be black.

Other accessories include a tri-color gold wedding ring (left hand), a silver engagement ring (right hand) and a silver ring with dolphins (also right hand).  Sunglasses, which are rarely worn, are usually of some brightly colorful variety that does a poor job of shading the eyes from the sun and a wonderful job of turning the world a wonderful shade of OH GOD COLOR (the usual suspects are red, orange and blue).  Prescription glasses are, at the moment, not being worn due to clumsiness, fragility and a lack of funds to replace them.  Neckwear is rare, only because I forget that I own it.  No piercings

Is this good?

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "VonDaab"Oh, "Paljon lunta mutta ei taskulamppua" Lots of snow but no flashlight?
Så här?
Prexis så! Massa snö men ingen ficklampa... ^-^
At least my pronunciation wasn't off, so I can still pride myself with that. (Yay! I've always wondered how the hell to spell that, anyway...^-^)

Alrighty then - fashion doctor time!
Quote from: "Tsubashi"Hmm, it is winter around here, so while there's definitely a temperature drop, it's also usually cloudy. Thus, my favorite time of year.
My outfit typically stays consistent all through the year. I typically dress in nice slacks, a dress shirt and wear a silk tie. I typically dress in analogous colors (usually on the cooler side of the spectrum: blue, mostly) Then lets not forget my Patek Phillippe, an extremely nice watch given to me by a friend. Black face, slim model, absolutely lovely. Similar to this one:

Then usually wore my Palm Pilot's belt clip, but it's battery no longer holds a charge (sad!) so nowadays I forgo that accessory. I almost never wear jeans, and consequentially only own three pair. I own a number of polo shirts, usually worn on fridays, and some T-shirts I've collected over the years. While I once had an extremely nice mahogany wardrobe, it didn't survive one of moves of my childhood. Probably best, seeing as nowadays all my clothing fits on a portable hanging rack and one 600 cm x 500 cm drawer. ^^'
No Jeans factor = GOODISM. Doubleplusmark-megasapproval for the vampire's wardrobe.
The drawer itself though...um...are you SURE you didn't mess up your measurements there? I mean...a 600 x 500 cm drawer would take up most of your room...(that's 6x5m, and that's like, really much... ^-^; )

Shirts and slacks are goodism as well, and the watch adds an extra touch of nicety. Pirate Fashion Doctor's approval of Tsubashi's wardrobe comes here, with 9 points out of 10! Work a bit more on some blazery-ness, i would say, for that final touch, and perhaps stiffen up your pants a bit.

Also;
Quote from: "Tsubashi on Winter Depression Darkness"Oooh, that would be nice (for obvious reasons ^^').

Believe me, it gets even darker - around midwinter's eve there's barely any daylight at all, hardly 3 hours per day, and I'm still nowhere near the northern territories here. Ever been above the polar circle, vampire-san? ^-^

NEXT!
Quote from: "Bella"
My summer wardrobe is HUGE, but my winter one is...pretty down to earth for some reason O__o

I own more pairs of jeans than is right for one person, and like...one pair of cords...and a ton of colorful long-sleeved shirts/vests/hoodies/jackets etc. and some boots, and one good pair of casual shoes. I'm not a shoe horse by any means

...I'm very bold in my dress and mixing different elements, cause that's how a lot of the people seem to dress 'round here...I wear sunglasses when I'm outdoors (even in wintertime) cause my eyes are fairly sensitive...

I don't really wear dresses much, but I will for a party or special occasion...

And I love dressing up in costumes just for the heck of it, along with my friends I'll dress either in frilly gowns or even sometimes like a dude XD
be nice (for obvious reasons ^^').[/quote]

Hmmm...hm.
Well, overmuch jeans is a common sight to me, as well (sadly). I mean, in a school with over 2000 students, I'm almost the ONLY ONE who doesn't wear jeans at all, which is...sad. Myuh. ;_;
You must forgive me, though - WHAT is a Cord? The wiki does nothing!
Shirts and vests are well on the way of goodness, though. And not exaggerating on the shoe factor is a very good thing - you should see my sister. O_o So anything less than that is well and fine ^-^

Mixing loads is fun! Try to have as many combos as possible, and be varied! That makes it better. -w-
Oh, and given your cosplayer attitude, you might even want to mix in something from one of your more "extreme" outfits into your daily wear sometime. -w-

Very well - Bella-san's wardrobe approved, with 7 points out of 10! Try to cut down on the jeans for a bit - jeans nowadays are the most generic of generic, and that's not good for your personal fashion! Be yourself! ^-^

Now, I have to go to school, though - so I'll update more on this later. I'll wait a bit with my personal wardrobe, but here's what I'll be wearing today:
Black Riley slack-hybrid pants (somewhat stiff fabric)
White high-collar short sleeve embroidered shirt
White high-collar long sleeve shirt (Yes, Double Collars is the way to go! ^w^)
Blue SPYDER alpine jacket (Fufufu .w.)
Orange/White Nike shoes

Gotta rush now, though - so see ya!

Myrdin

This sounds entertaining. I'd offer to analyze your wardrobe in return but I'm not any good with fashion, as you may realize below.

Cpt Brendan, what's with all the black tac gear? I thought you were military, not police. Did you go contractor?

Anyways, my usual attire consists of a t-shirt that may be anywhere from one to ten years old and a pair of cargo pants, usually surplused military. Eight year old Tevas or relatively new Wellco ICBs  adorn my feet. Turkey. Summertime.
Winter is exactly the same with a green uninsulated mountaineering shell over it all. When the temperature goes under about -20f I switch to lined canvas pants and add a sweatshirt as a jacket liner.

Suits? Yeah, I have no problem wearing them. They are plenty comfortable. Way better than MOPP gear. Jeans, on the other hand, are abominations. Sorry. I hate jeans. My actual "wardrobe" is a big duffel bag that gets extra random security checks at every airport. My clothes never really leave the bag longer than it takes to wear and launder them.

CaptBrenden

Used to be military, now im contract corperate security.  Less deploying and such.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Gussy Keniji

Meh, It's warm/cold where I am this time of year so what I wear fluctates often.

As of now I have on:
-A Black Rockawear hooded jacket
-A 'Myrtle Beach' T-shirt underneath (I has Sharks on the front)
-Blue Jeans (I forget what name brand they are...probably Ecko...I dunno :/ )
-Plain ol' white socks...
-My 'lucky' Black Nikes that I've had for about 4-5 years (they still fit rather snuggly :3)
-And my trusty 'Wal-Mart' cap for when I wanna go outside...not that I ever do lolz

"Wut..."