Resident Evil 5

Started by ShinraKenshin, July 24, 2005, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinraKenshin

what more can I say little detail is known based on the game but looking at the teaser seems like chris redfield is takeing the field once more on this unique horror surivial twist. All I can say is bust out the shotguns for your xbox 360 and ps3 sorry game cube looks like capcom left you in the dust.  

CaptBrenden

RE 4 had zombies that were smart and ran and used weapons and chainsaws.  nothing new.  cept chris being back is pretty cool.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

ShinraKenshin

err dude sorry to say they werent zombies they where people infected by a parasite how is a zombie feel pain when these people show pain to a shot to the head no offense bro.

iStar

I don't see much difference between a parasite infected zombie and a virus infected zombie, a shotgun shell still blasts their heads clean off. Also, aren't zombies supposed to be stupid? The threat of zombies isn't cunning, it's overwhelming, and that's why Capcom has other monsters in the series. Dogs, hunters, lickers, deimos, tyrants, and nemesis were intended to be the really scary creatures.

I'm still waiting for a hunter that actually HUNTS you.

panda

Only for X and PS? that sucks, my family always gets nintendo. sense the Super NES. . .
Any ways, sounds cool, even thought I only have RE and RE Zero.

CaptBrenden

Zombie dosnet nessicericly mean a rotten human corpse that still moves. Heck there were zombies in voodoo that were just living humans in a "zombie like" state. The zombies in 28 days later were also alive, just in that state of mind.  That being said I still stand by calling the parasite creatures in RE 4 zombies, because they were relitivly midless, not under thier own free will and somewhat rotten, just not dead.  

The tyrants, dogs, giant spiders, sharks... actually all that stuff wasnt scary at all. Well cept for the spiders (in the remake of RE 1 at least, they look so real o.o) but there is something about the mythology and concept of the zombie that interests and creeps me out at the same time.  I enjoyed how they did away with most of the stranger creatures and just had differnt forms of zombies in RE 4.  What made them scary compaired to the previos games is the fact they were fast used weapons and had at least some degree of brain function (i soppose cunning is the wroung word for it.) Smarter, but not "smart" zombies.

Its like.. compairing the original dawn of the dead to the remake.  I enjoyed the remake much more, because the slow moving zombies of the original just didnt seem to be as much of a threat as the fast moving viciose zombies of the remake.  In the original they had zombies in the mall, but they just ran up and down the halls because the zombies were to slow and dim witted to do anything, but the remake, as soon as the zombies got in it was a terror filled gore splatter fest, because the speed made the man eating corpses something to fear (other then the fact that they are moving dead, admit it if you were faced with moving corpses that ate human flesh in real life youd be pretty freaked out.)

ShinraKenshin

n 1: a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force [syn: zombi, the living dead] 2: (voodooism) a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body [syn: zombi, zombi spirit, zombie spirit] 3: a god of voodoo cults of African origin worshipped especially in West Indies [syn: zombi, snake god] 4: someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way; "only an automaton wouldn't have noticed" [syn: automaton, zombi] 5: several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur [syn: zombi]

Hmm....a dead body...oh wait..mechanical...hmm you decide this is from a dictionary I found .  

CaptBrenden

i still think that applies to the parasite creatures from RE4

NekOSaka

Voodoo Zombies are real. What creats them is, an African Shamen mixes together a "potion" of sorts. Bob drinks the potion. The potion basicly stops all of Bobs bodily functions to the point when nobody else can tell Bob is still among the living. He still has extreamly faint bodily fuctions. Bobs friends in Africa don't know this. They burry him in the traditoinal African grave(shalow and no casket). Fair amount of time later the potion starts to wear off. Now what effect do you think comming back from near zero bodily functions and extream lack of air flow from being burried has on a person? The've suffered brain damage! Not to mention the fact that the drugs haven't even fully worn off. So Brain damaged Bob wakes up, pushes the pile of dirt off him and starts to wander around. Bob's family see's the man they just knew to be a corps and burried walking around, if that wasn't bad enough he isn't behaving at all like he used to(brain damage). OMFG! The dead are rising!

CaptBrenden

arnt the voodoo zombies the ones your soppose to be able to ward away with salt?

NekOSaka

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"arnt the voodoo zombies the ones your soppose to be able to ward away with salt?

Not to my knowledge

CaptBrenden

romero zombies cirtanly arnt the ones that fear salt.. heck the salt just adds spice to you.  But seriosly i know in some of the actual zombie myths there was something about zalt keeping away living deat, and I thought it was zombies..i think cus it drys them out or something

NekOSaka

I miss the slow zombies in the resident evil series, they finaly give us the ability to aim, and now we can't score an easy headshot...

CaptBrenden

are you freaking kidding me? o_o i love how RE 4 plays. I get easy head shots all the time, it would be any fun if they moved as slow as they did before XD

NekOSaka

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"are you freaking kidding me? o_o i love how RE 4 plays. I get easy head shots all the time, it would be any fun if they moved as slow as they did before XD

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have some nails tough, slow, numerus, zobmies, with limited ammo. With the other original creatures too though... I wan't to aim at a licker before it drops down from the ceiling or put a shotgun blast into a tyrants face.