switching to Apple?

Started by Nidas, February 15, 2007, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nidas

* late post is laaaaaaate *

The disk retrieval guys turned out to be more expensive than a lowly student such as myself can afford so I didn't bother with them in the end.

Just as an added aside, to Apple's credit they did get the HD replaced and the mac back in action very quickly, so if anyone thinking of getting a mac is being put off getting one by my horror story here, don't worry, I have atrocious luck :P

Quote from: "C-Chan"ONLY 40GB!!! @o@;

Wow, I feel old. ^^;

I just finished working with an 8GB machine and a 20GB machine. No real problems with the respective Linux distros, but then all the free software really doesn't require much space to begin with. ^^;

I have lots of junk I always like to keep on hand :P

C-Chan

Quote* late post is laaaaaaate *

The disk retrieval guys turned out to be more expensive than a lowly student such as myself can afford so I didn't bother with them in the end.

Just as an added aside, to Apple's credit they did get the HD replaced and the mac back in action very quickly, so if anyone thinking of getting a mac is being put off getting one by my horror story here, don't worry, I have atrocious luck :P

Yo Nidas-kun!!  It's been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!  Glad to see everything's back in working order....  ^.^

You missed so much since,... like me buying a copy of Leopard and expounding upon the virtues of a TouchMac and swooning over Pu-chan and the like.  ^__^

Foregoed a Mac to buy an Asus 3ePC....

...but the moment a TouchMac is released, I'll be first in line.  ^.^
(although I think I've said that about half a million times already.  ^^'