AmigaOS runs on MacMINI PPC

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, June 01, 2007, 04:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

In a discussion which was presented as exhibit in the court trial that is opposing Amiga Inc. and Hyperion between the CEO of Amiga INc. Bill Mc.Ewen and Nicola Morocutti representative of ACube Systems Italy, the italian manufacturer revealed that AmigaOS is ready to run on Macintosh hardware.

ACube are also manufacturers of Samantha Sam440EP Motherboard.

http://merlancia.us/amiga-hyperion/35-5decmcewenexhibit5show_case_doc.pdf

At page 31-32 of the pdf file.

YES! What you all think it was impossible it is now a reality!

AMIGA OS RUNS ON MACINTOSH PPC![7b]   o_o

It has been spotted by Bill himself running on MacMINI PPC clocked at 1.42 GHz (The fastest Amiga ever!).

And if the Moana (this is the codename of the project) will be sold on the market, then we all can purchase cheap PPC Macintosh hardware on EBAY or on second-hand stores, and run AmigaOS on it.

If you have Mac PPC based you are lucky!

Now you can pratice and enjoy another OS than MacOS X, Debian PPC and Yellow Dog Linux PPC. ;hi  ;019  ;010

Despite the lack of any Amiga Hardware available we could again run AmigaOS and can run it on very good manufactured hardware such as that one from Apple!

-----

In that discussion mr. Morocutti asked Bill Mc. Ewen to grant to ACube the licence to sell AmigaOS 4.0 bundled with Moana (the program which loads AmigaOS onto Macintosh hardware).

Unfortunately Bill Mc. Ewen wiped out without answering.

Recently Amiga Inc. represented by Bill Mc. Ewen preferred to sue Hyperion in order to get back all licences and source code of AmigaOS 4.0.

We hope that whoever will win the court trial (Hyperion or Amiga Inc.) then will decide to grant ACube to licence Moana!

-----

WARNING!

In another exhibit it has been stated that Friedens have all the plans to let AmigaOS run on CELL Processors.

Cell processors are those CPUs equpping Playstation 3.  ;012
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Alfamille

A quick question Raffaelle; since you mentioned the MacMinis can run the AmigaOS. Do you think there's a possibility it would also run into other structures of the Mac PPCs and maybe even the IntelMacs.

This topic came to my notice since some of my buddies just tried the E-UAE on OSX Tiger.

C-Chan

QuoteWe hope that whoever will win the court trial (Hyperion or Amiga Inc.) then will decide to grant ACube to licence Moana!

..............Sorry.  -___-
I know this story is meant to cheer me up, but instead I'm just reminded of that idiotic law suit that's ruining Amiga-san's resurrection.  T__T

They can promise this and that and the whole world, but it all comes down to how long they're going to drag this nonsense.  -______-

When I downloaded the AROS LiveCD, I noticed for the first time the travesty committed,... the logo said "AROS Research Operating System".  T____T

No wait, I lie,... it said "Amiga Research Operating System".

"AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!!  ^0^
IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE "AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!!!!!  AND LET ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME FACE MY BLOOD-CURDLING PIGGY WRATH!!!!!!!  ^0^

NejinOniwa

Can't you just re-code it? Or skin it? Or something? Surely there must be something that can be done to cool your temper...right? ^-^;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteWe hope that whoever will win the court trial (Hyperion or Amiga Inc.) then will decide to grant ACube to licence Moana!

..............Sorry.  -___-
I know this story is meant to cheer me up, but instead I'm just reminded of that idiotic law suit that's ruining Amiga-san's resurrection.  T__T

They can promise this and that and the whole world, but it all comes down to how long they're going to drag this nonsense.  -______-

When I downloaded the AROS LiveCD, I noticed for the first time the travesty committed,... the logo said "AROS Research Operating System".  T____T

No wait, I lie,... it said "Amiga Research Operating System".

"AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!!  ^0^
IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE "AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!!!!!  AND LET ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME FACE MY BLOOD-CURDLING PIGGY WRATH!!!!!!!  ^0^

C-Chan?

Really I start thinking that we must call you Baka-Chan... ;014

You are so taken by drawing that you forgot AROS it is Open Source...

Just call the AROS sources and with a text editor and with "find & replace" feature change any occurrency of "AROS Research OS" with "Amiga Research OS" then recompile...

Et Voilà! Done!

You will have again your Amiga Research OS.  ;001  ;hi
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Techno the fox

Hmmm

AmigaOS On a Mac PPC?

It's an omen, Amiga just may make a comeback!

Quote from: "C-chan""AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!! ^0^
IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE "AMIGA RESEARCH OPERATING SYSTEM"!!!!!!!!!! AND LET ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME FACE MY BLOOD-CURDLING PIGGY WRATH!!!!!!! ^0^

O.O Phear the wrath of C-chan!

*Looks for a safe place to hide*
*grabs Fchan-tan and runs to the basaement*
This'll do.