Strange things you've eaten because you were bored.

Started by Kyo-Chan, October 09, 2007, 05:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteHowever, the "Let's put a whole can of salt on a meal and eat it"-type of contests can easily result in BAD END.

Indeed, and I hardly call eating a whole packet of salt a small, healthy dose.  The Captain does raise a good point about adding salt to flavor meals, however, and let us not forget that common table salt (as in the variety you'll find at most stores) is also iodized making it a convenient source for that as well.  In fact, despite common belief (read: propaganda), iodine and preservatives are the only things that nutritionally separate table salt (mined salt) and "organic" sea salt.  I've heard that sea salt has a richer taste, so people can use less of it to season, hence the perception that it's "healthier".  I also feel inclined to mention that while a certain dose of salt may not make you sick or kill you right away, taking such a dose over a period of time can lead to high blood pressure.

Yeah, I love my salt, but my dad uses waaaay too much.  I think he actually salts his salt.-__-

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

It appears that salt was used in Japan as means of suicide...
It would seem that an intake of approx 1gr per Kg of body weight can be lethal......... Wich is bad...

Added after 4 minutes:

Btw despite the fact i may over-salt things, i actually have low BP...

And us being related'd be cool in a sort of way, also having a brother instead of only one sister would be cool, i think ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteAnd us being related'd be cool in a sort of way, also having a brother instead of only one sister would be cool, i think

lol

Having two half-brothers and a sister, let me assure you, the brotherhood thing is a bit overrated.  Hell, welcome to the family, we're Irish Protestant, so get used to the emotional outbursts that result from repressed alcoholism :P.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Hehe... I don't think it'll beat the neurotics and insanity of my family... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

my lunch used to consist of 1 small bag of reduced fat cheese-its.

i especially loved them because they were cheap and covered in salt. :3
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

50 cents too. i could live off of $2.50 a week for lunch. <D

and so SALTY.....mmmm.....

wait......that came out wrong......>_<;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

naw. though i did used to eat the dust at the bottom. so much salt crumbs <3
click to make it bigger

Smokey

i remember i used to eat the instant soup powder... :D
yum yum...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Wah! That's wasteful, man! You use that IN the meal, not outside. Learn your ramen skills, bro!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

cup a soup packets taste better without the water...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

take ramen packets crunch them up, sprinkle the powder on, and enjoy. who need water?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Afraid I have to disagree with you thar, folks.

ICH
BIN
ORTHODOX-DESU!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS