Vista-tan's Personality

Started by EmiOfBrie, February 19, 2007, 10:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Not as many as...well, them others.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Razgriz1

Alright, I've never personally used Vista, so I can't say too much from experience, but from what I gather, here is my idea for Vistan and her version sisters.

Vistan Home Premium:
The "Main" Vista OS-Tan, similar to what I've seen with XP Pro.  She is very flashy, like most have said, and recourse heavy, even moreso then XP Tan.  She is greatly disliked by the other OS-Tans, even when she tries to be around them, she has trouble due to her compatibility issues.

Though seemingly arrogant and flashy on the outside, she is quite humbled on the inside, realizing that she is highly disliked by many, including her own sisters.  She constantly does the best she can with things, but like ME, she often fails.  Even through her determination, her compatibility issues and high resource requirements usually lead to failure.

She dreads going the way of ME-tan because of her situation, of becoming known as an unreliable and almost useless OS.  Even more, she fears for her fate after the release of Windows 7, afraid of being completely replaced at only a few years old.

She is detested by almost every other OS-Tan, especially the older ones, and the Mac Tans (based off of Mac users using Vista as a clear reason to switch).  Only ME-Tan can really understand Vitan's situation, as she too was cast away as a useless system.  ME would be one of Vistan's few friends.  (MAYBE 2K and/or XP would understand eventually (2K for a specific reason))

Vistan Business Edition:
Vistan Business is very much like her sister, Vistan Home Premium.  She has the flashy style to her, and may seem arrogant and exclusive.  Though, like her sister, she is very determined to succeed, but fails horribly on may occasions.  She tries to keep her respect by attempting to live up to her predecessor, 2K-Tan's reputation of reliability and favor in businesses, but often doesn't succeed.

On the inside, Vistan Business fears not replacement, but humiliation of failing to run as well as 2K-Tan.  She and her sister are often seen trying to find ways of improving themselves to live up to their older sisters (patches, service packs, ect), but often fail.

She, like Home, is friends with ME-Tan, due to her unpopular nature.  However, she constantly tries to become friends with 2K-Tan as well, as she's the one that Vistan Business wishes to become like.

Vistan Ultimate:
Unlike her 2 sisters, Vistan Ultimate is a more "antagonistic" OS.  She looks completely down upon all older systems, from the old IBM Computers, through the modern Windows and Macs, including her 2 sisters Home Premium and Business.  She wants nothing else but to not only replace XP-Tan and 2K-Tan, but to replace all other computers as the sole OS.

Everything done by her, including flaws like the Anti-Piracy issues, she does for the fun of it.  She will do everything in her Quad-Core, 64-Bit, and almost limitless RAM power to cause trouble for her sisters.  She feels superior to everything due to her state of the art nature, and she's not afraid to boast about it either.

Vistan Ultimate, to spite all others has even teamed up with Virus-Tan to spite her older sisters.  (Which could become her downfall)

Alright, that's it for them.  Yes, I condensed her into the 3 versions I know the most about.

I tried to take a unique story behind Vistan because I think she needs some sympathy, the same way ME-Tan has.  I had used the 2 more common versions to be flashy on the outside, yet worried of her future on the inside type personality because they want to be like their sisters, but fail.

For Ultimate, I made her an antagonistic type becuase I just thought of the possibilities of the version itself.  It's Vista "Ultimate," the name itself sounds arrogant.  Also add the 25,000 copy limited edition and stuff, you get a version that would think its superior to everything else.

The idea of Vistan Ultimate teaming up with Virus-Tan actually originates from hearing that some Anti-Viruses had issues during the early days of Vista.

Overall, my design of her in these 3 forms was so that you can dislike her flawed side, yet still have the charm of the other Windows-Tans, and you can still feel sorry for her on the other side.

Please, tell me what you think ^^

Alex S

Wow, as soon as you said "will do anything in her power to cause trouble" about Vista Ultimate-tan, I thought: "Is she part Virus-tan?" The fact the she would team up with the Virus-tans is kind of scary.

Razgriz1

Quote from: "Alex S"Wow, as soon as you said "will do anything in her power to cause trouble" about Vista Ultimate-tan, I thought: "Is she part Virus-tan?" The fact the she would team up with the Virus-tans is kind of scary.

Hahaha, the idea comes from the fact that I remember that Grisoft was working like crazy to make AVG AntiVirus run correctly on Vista.  Meaning that Vista obviously was open on some fronts to Virus attacks, and yet it's apparently such a great and secure OS.  Meaning...haha maybe an inside job :P

Also, I thought, from what I've seen, we've had plenty of external conflict, maybe it's time for some serious INTERNAL conflict in the Windows family, that goes a little further then just one OS outdating the other.

Lastly, something for some reason made me picture Vistan Ultimate as dark...

Razgriz1

Odin Yggdrasil

I think that Vis-tan would have a rather devilish personality, due to the fickle nature of the operating system while still having the alluring and attractive appearance that Vista and Vis-tan are known for. She works when she wants to, and when she doesn't nothing can make her do it. Almost a rebel of sorts among the OS-tans.

For instance, Vista seems to have a rather poor networking capability. In trials on known hardware on my workbench, it had a tendency to randomly drop connections even in LAN operations- this could be exhibited as a slight habit of accidentally hanging up on phone calls or other similar annoying but not really problematic habits.

Also I noticed in testing a tendency for Vista to be slow, even on brand new hardware that runs wonderfully when loaded with XP instead. Perhaps this should be reflected as well, a bit of a tendency to be slow on the draw.

And one more thing for Vista, she has GOT to have a slightly naughty streak too in order to really tie it all together with the stunning looks, devilish personality and the way she handles things. I haven't even begun to speculate into just how Vista does things, but I did discover on accident last weekend that if Vista is caused to trip up she doesn't recover right away- in fact one solid blue screen of doom and it was down for the count needing a hard drive reload.

On the AVG thing, I did succeed in loading AVG Free Edition version 8 and got it running. Though it certainly didn't do much to improve performance over *shudder* Norton 360

Nuker

This is my idea of Vis-tan's personality based on my personal experience with the OS.

Vistan is one of those girls who, instead of becoming independent as they grow up, keep relying on their family. She tells her family anything and everything she does, and questions everything the user does if she think it's not right or her family wouldn't approve it.
(This represents DRM, UAC and Vista sending MS information almost daily)

Because of her behaviour, her father dotes on her, almost to the point of ignoring her older sisters. This has made Vistan a bit too sure of herself and caused a lot of people to dislike her. Even some of her sister feel she is getting more  attention and praise than she deserves.
(This represents Microsoft pushing Vista on the users to the point of discontinuing support to Xp and their advertising strategy in general)

She has a very high metabolism: she can do think really well and quickly, but needs to eat a lot or she'll just doze off.
(This represents Vista's Prefetching system and the fact that it takes up a lot of RAM. Using Vista Ultimate even with 2gb of RAM is a nightmare, using it with 3Gb is like a dream come true)

Since she is often hungry, if there isn't enough rice chances are you'll find her eating Pocky instead.
(This represents Vista "Ready Boost" ability to use Flash drives as RAM)

She's a bit of a clutz but is getting better with the experience.
(Long copy/paste/move/whatever times and SP 1)

She stop questioning your every move if you can convince her you have good intentions.
(You can turn the UAC off. A good firewall also blocks some of the spyware-like applications.)