What was your first anime?

Started by Icelilly, August 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmkd

1985... i guess it was Doraemon... or maybe Mazinger Z?

Added after 1 minutes:

Quote from: "Rulix""Los Caballeros del Zodiaco"   or Knights of The Zodiac. =)

After it, Dragon ball came second.

ohh, That dug out some memories... The actual name of caballeros del zodiaco is Saint Seya

Daren

My first anime was either Voltron or Robotech. I started watching both of them about the same time, so I'm not sure which one came first.

Seamore

First anime....Doraemon...
But at that time I don't have any idea what is anime. Starting from the year 1997 after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Starting from there I start my quest for anime.
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Rubabel

Mmmm i hve seen so many that i'm not sure; but one of them was Mazinger Z, captain tsubasa, sailor moon; robotech, Saint seiya!! Dragon ball, Shurato, yu yu hakusho and there is anotherone about a robot with a number (88,28, i don't remember)
And other series (not from japan) i have seen are thundercats and silverhawks; and anotherone that is call (in my language=spanish) Los pitufos

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote from: "Rubabel"Mmmm i hve seen so many that i'm not sure; but one of them was Mazinger Z, captain tsubasa, sailor moon; robotech, Saint seiya!! Dragon ball, Shurato, yu yu hakusho and there is anotherone about a robot with a number (88,28, i don't remember)
And other series (not from japan) i have seen are thundercats and silverhawks; and anotherone that is call (in my language=spanish) Los pitufos
I found the name of tha anime; is known as Ironman 28!!

Nichi

Sailor Moon. My older sister loved it, and as a result, I got forced to watch it. It grew on me after a while, and I came to like it

dejiko-hime

I think...
Was Saint Seiya... Or Candy Candy...
Memories lost...
 End of transmission

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Rubabel"Mmmm i hve seen so many that i'm not sure; but one of them was Mazinger Z, captain tsubasa, sailor moon; robotech, Saint seiya!! Dragon ball, Shurato, yu yu hakusho and there is anotherone about a robot with a number (88,28, i don't remember)

[...CUT...]

found the name of tha anime; is known as Ironman 28!!

I know it as Super Robot 28...

Here in my homeland it has been aired only the TV series of 1980 and not the original one of 1965...

Also the third and 4th series had been not buyed by local boadcast TVs.

http://digilander.libero.it/alcor99/Schede/SuperRobot28/SuperRobot28.htm

The italian title is Super Robot 28 Go, go, go!, the original name is Tetsujin 28-gou

The original 1965 Super Robot 28:

The remake of 1980:

-----

A clone of Super Robot 28 is Giant Robot, born in 1967, with a very good OAV remake of 1992.

http://animeclick.lycos.it/anime.php?titolo=Giant+Robo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Robo_(OVA)

Giant Robot featured the magnificent character of Gin Rei:  ;010

And GinRei OVA (Special DVD) was splitted off as standalone character from Giant Robot...

http://animejapan.cplaza.ne.jp/b-ch/g_ginrei_ova/g_ginrei_ova.html

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3865

;019
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Rubabel

That one!! i had seen the remake of 1980; and yes it has many names depending of where it was broadcast

hiro_yui_eva01

my first anime is astroboy, blak and with version, the OLD version

RandiNinja

First anime? Doraemon, i guess.....

The ending was strange.....

CaptBrenden

. _ . Ive never seen Doraemon, but there are so many references to it in so many shows i feel like i have XD  My Japanese teacher in highschool was a fan of it when she was a girl she said
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

WTF, you had Japanese in highschool?!

That would be sooo nice, i would've started watching proper anime earlier then, and understand it better...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

Well, had i known about fan subs at the time, i prolly would have done better in the class.  But yes, we had Japanese, then again Seattle is where alot of import products get imported to the United States from. We have alot of Japanese and asian people here, prolly more then say california has mexicans... well prolly not, but we have alot. We have asian markets, there is a Japanese district in downtown Seattle, heck I cant remember of the top of my head but Seattle has a "sister city" in Japan. Our class even had exchange students.  Unfortunatly the only chance i get to use any Japanese is when I order and pick up my teriaki or when Im asking where the yakisoba sauce is in the market.

Tho, that reminds me. I have oppertunities to visit Japan here soon.  My sister in the USAF and my mom who she takes care of as a dependant are headed over to a base there for a few years. I think there are ways they can get cheap tickets for family to visit....  =_= i never got a cance while I was still in the USMC but in LA there were free military flights every wensday to japan, on a first come first serve basis.

Smokey

Oh, sweet...
And the Dutch AF (as far as i know) does station its personell in the US a lot (for periods up to a couple of years... YAY free appartment, free ar... FREE GAS!), but i haven't heard of them going to Japan? The major AF co-op stuff is in america, right?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

The US has several major bases in Japan, but ive never heard anything about holland <_<