Gussy's Art Thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, July 30, 2007, 09:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siya

Anti-tan is disturbing, but definitely a good design!

C-Chan

QuoteHide your Mac-tans Its-ANTI-tan D:

GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!  ^0^

*hides Puma-chan*

You'll get to my beloved Pu-chan... OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!  ;^0^;

QuoteANTI-tan- A rouge doctor who is one of the rare virus tans who are able to 'infect' Mac OS-tans. ANTI-tan has split-personalities one side is seemingly kind and always strives to save a patient's life, but when she snaps her latent 2nd personality awakens, this personality is considerably violent and is intent on taking lives rather than saving them (this 2nd personality has been named Satsu ANTI,
The fact she has a split personality is because the true virus was only 'accidentially' destructive.

Ooooh,... Anti-san actually has the richest story to date.  ^.^
I should note that, aside from the bloodied attire, she kinda sorta reminds me of Bliss-tan.  
I'm almost tempted to nickname her the Anti-Bliss or Psycho Bliss or Hannibal "Blisster".  ^___^

It is a delicious irony that she is a doctor and yet she is still a virus.  Lends some credence to that line in the original Matrix comparing humans to virii, or the characters from Elfen Lied who have it in their instinct to kill.  Virus-tans want to live decent lives, but just have it in their nature to destroy their surroundings (some more than others, as we can see with Bliss and Abraxis).  Certainly seeing your Virus-tans help picture them as living characters rather than props as they used to be depicted in the Futaba 4koma.  ^^

In any event, I'd love to think she's one of Norton-kun's most dangerous opponents (may not be relevant given she's a Mac virus though); and while he might do everything to squirm out of any kind of confrontation, the inevitable face-off would lead to epic Doctor on Doctor battles.  ^.^

QuoteAlso Good news everyone, I finally got Inkscape today, right now I'm testin the water and gettin used to the feel of it.

COOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOLCOOL!!!!!!!  ^V^
Welcome aboard,.... ^.^
Please refer to my Tutorial in case you're stuck, and don't feel at all afraid to ask me any questions.  ^__^
I'll try to add the section describing Pattern Gradients during the weekend.

Bella

O____O

I'm scared now. ANTI-tan is going to haunt my dreams XD

And accidentally dangerous? Sounds like that story about that college student who made some kind of virus-like program (for fun or something) back in the 80s that nearly destroyed the internet or something....

I forget the details, I read about it a while back...

Gussy Keniji

After along while (once again >_>) I return! new Virus tans and some fan work are in order.

1st a the seasonal nomad- Christmas Tree-tan

Christmas Tree-tan- A Christmas loving virus, who only makes herself known on Christmas. Jolly, and somewhat oblivious to other peoples feelings toward the holiday, Christmas Tree-tan often goes about her 'duty' spreading her version of 'Holiday Cheer' regardless if your in the mood for it or not. Her known activites include; putting up decorations (without anyone's consent) singing christmas carols, and giving out hand-made presents...which are of subpar workmanship and are basically worthless at best, however she does throw a smashing good christmas party in which all are invited, be you Virus or OS your welcome to come. at first glance, she doesn't seem to have any ill-intentions in mind (at least judging by her personality) but being she's only seen when once a year, no one's really given the time to look into her more. However, one can assume that beyond her 'Holiday Spirit' she harbours a more sinister motive. As said above Christmas-Tree-tan is only seen when Christmas draws near (Decemeber 21 to be exact) after the New Year she retreats from wence she came, not to be seen until next year. Where exactly she goes is unknown, there have been numerous attempts to uncover her seasonal hideway, but paths always led to large evergreen tree with the words 'NOEL' carved on the trunk, which raises the question 'Is Christmas Tree-tan truly a virus?...or is she just a magically enchanted tree given life to spread 'Holiday Cheer' and the 'True Meaning of Christmas'?" wheather it's the latter or not is currently unknown but Brain-sama theorizes that she is both of these things. Her role isn't neccisarilly binded to the Virus-tans, she has been sighted doing her 'duty' amoungst the OS-tans, and even gives each of them a present (which is just a picture of a crudely drawn christmas tree, it is known that she drew these herself...). The lights and 'decorations' on her dress are tied into her emotions, and their brightness is dependent on how she feels; If she's happy the lights will brighten and twinkle in a jolly manner, if she's unhappy or distressed the lights will dim, it is believed that if the lights ever go completely out, she'll die. She also seems to be of German decsent and has some knowledge of her native langauge.
-Yes, there IS a Christmas Tree virus...when I saw it, I HAD to do it for this holiday season.

The Tsunderekko Oni- Disk-Killer-tan

Disk-Killer-tan- A Tomboy-ish virus who's quick to start a fight but isn't too quick on thinking things through. Disk-Killer has a very rough personality and often when she does things she's often not aware of her own strength and ends up causing alot more damage than normal. However that's not to say she isn't aware of the amount of damage she can cause, in fact some say she acts this way just to see how much damage she can cause. She is an Oni and is often feared by the OS's because of this, they have a good right to be, for she's pretty nasty in her own right. She and (c)Brain are bitter rivals (gives credit to the notion; Brains vs Brawn) and will always disagree with her strategies (even if they're well thought out and have a 100% chance of succeeding) claiming that her own might can outclass Brain-sama's plans. Disk-Killer has few friends, many try to stay away from her because of her rough tendencies, but in reality it's just a cry for attention and friendship. She has a crush on Cerberus-kun, and will often assist him in gaurding the gateway to the Viru-tan Area. Cerberus-kun seems to be aware of these feelings and occasionally returns them. There have been attempts to make Disk-Killer a General, but she always refused this may be because Brain-sama is a General and if Disk-Killer became one, she'd technically be outranked by Brain-sama, something she absolutely can't stand for.

The FCL pic is gonna be tommorrow...I be dead tired from this day (trust after loads of Christmas parties you'd be too X_x; )

"Wut..."

C-Chan

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!  The GUS Master has returned to his home base!!!!!!  ^V^

d00d, have I awesome stuff in store for you!  ^___^
Please check back shortly on Aurora's Zerosanity Christmas special, as there's gonna be something you'll L-O-V-E very shortly.  ^.^

But damn... just wish you had posted Christmas Tree-tan just a day earlier.... she would've been picture perfect for the role...... ;_________;

Or maybe it's not too late?  (does quick team huddle)

*reads description*

Can't tell you how thrilled I am to see more virus-tans from you.  Where as before this place seemed like it was missing something... now I can safely say we're whole again.  ^____^

From her description, though, she sounds enticingly mysterious,... almost like the virus version of a ghost from a Japanese horror story (not necessarily shocking-scary, but chilling and creepy and surrounded by brain-teasing mysteries). Who'd a thunk it from such a cute Acme-like girl who dresses herself in a Christmas Tree.  ^____^

*waits lecherously for needles to fall off*

QuoteThe Tsunderekko Oni- Disk-Killer-tan

I was wondering when we'd have a real muscle-girl character (Cerberus-chan doesn't technically count) to serve as counterpoint to the likes of those masculine behemoths Cerberus-kun and XP Pro-kun.  ^^

Nothin much to say here, other than that she looks and sounds like a "solid" character.  (pun intended) ^^
In the world I envision for the OS-tans, I've always figured that the virus-tans are viewed as a kind of "Barbarian" horde -- often mingling peacefully with the average citizenry, but always preferred to be kept as far into the fringes as possible.  So in more than one way, Disk Killer-tan's appearance fit the role perfectly.  ^^

QuoteThe FCL pic is gonna be tommorrow...I be dead tired from this day (trust after loads of Christmas parties you'd be too X_x; )

I hear that.  ^^'

Added after 24 minutes:

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you.  How are you doing with Inkscape?  Did it work out for you?

Gussy Keniji

lol, what's with me and not doin stuff on schedule :P

Anyhoo the much awaited (!) FCL fanpic, I think some o' you coulda probably seen this comin a mile away :P

-to make things worse I was actually eating Chicken too while drawing this...Oh forgive me Abra-chan *dramatically poetic pose*
-Hm I have another idea in this category...but I'll have to introduce s'more viruses 1st :3

QuoteBTW, I've been meaning to ask you. How are you doing with Inkscape? Did it work out for you?
Yeah, in a sense, now that I've read in on your tutorials I gotta good idea of what to do now, but I'mma stickler for change and it'll take me some time to leggo of my ol' drawin in GIMP method...

"Wut..."

C-Chan

GAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!  ZOMG!!!  Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
But also....
You and I seem to be on the same wavelength, since my FCL-tan fanfic also features Abraxas-chan.  ^v^

Not quite in the same context, but definitely plays on the whole live chicken - dead chicken theme.  ^.^

No but seriously, I've been drawing your virus-tans a lot lately.  They're addictive, what can I say?  ^___^

QuoteYeah, in a sense, now that I've read in on your tutorials I gotta good idea of what to do now, but I'mma stickler for change and it'll take me some time to leggo of my ol' drawin in GIMP method...

GIMP's good too,... as long as you use FOSS programs, I'm perfectly game with that!  ^v^
Besides that way you can teach me a thing or two about it, as I've had little opportunity to sit down for a long stretch of time and get comfortable with it.  ^^

(still prefer Krita, though)

Gussy Keniji

QuoteGAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! ^V^
But also....
You and I seem to be on the same wavelength, since my FCL-tan fanfic also features Abraxas-chan. ^v^

Not quite in the same context, but definitely plays on the whole live chicken - dead chicken theme. ^.^

No but seriously, I've been drawing your virus-tans a lot lately. They're addictive, what can I say? ^___^
Haha thanx C-chan, Same wavelength you say, when ya say that makes me think about how Kururu and Mutsumi (both from Keroro Gunsou) claim their 'Wave Buddies'

In any case, can't wait to see your FCL pic dood, I'm sure it'll be of epic winz and awesomesauce!

QuoteGIMP's good too,... as long as you use FOSS programs, I'm perfectly game with that! ^v^
Besides that way you can teach me a thing or two about it, as I've had little opportunity to sit down for a long stretch of time and get comfortable with it. ^^

(still prefer Krita, though)
Yosh, that it is. and I'm always to teach my ol' tricks o the trade ^^ aslo pardon me askin' what's Krita?

Meanwhile...a new Virus-kun appears...

The Ego Dynamite- A-Bomb-kun

A-Bomb-kun- A-Bomb-tan's brother, and egoist with a superiority complex. Cocky, sarcastic and extremely egocentric, A-Bomb-kun maybe the biggest jerk of all the viruses (>_>), but he seems to be alot nicer when his sister is around, some go so far as to say he's a completely different virus when she's in his company. His jacket is multi-purporse and holds many pockets and compartments, useful for storing many items of destruction and chaos. A-Bomb-kun likes to be in control of things, and simply won't put up with anyone telling what to do and how to do it. He's had many adventures into Megalomania in the past many of which involved trying to overthrow the Windows, Mac and even Linux families in a quest for power, in some cases causing a substantial amount of damage, but these attacks were generally unsuccessful. There was even a time where he was planning to take on the Mainframe Guild, and dethrone them from their title as 'Goddesses' thus making him (and I quote) 'One Badass God that's Da Bomb'. Fortunetly, with the help of Viru-sama and Cerberus-tan they were able to turn him away from that obvious suicide mission. He has a habit of saying 'Da Bomb' when he thinks something is of great value or signifigance. It is unknown if he's of General rank, but judging by his attitude, and his more than obvious superiority complex, it is doubtable that he is.

-Yeah...he's a Grade A jerk I know...but for some reason I think it fit for him

"Wut..."

C-Chan

Woah... if not for the fact that they're mortal enemies.... A-Bomb-kun and ME-kun would be like the best drinking bodies imaginable.  I do hope Viru-sama doesn't ever make the little brat a general.  ^^;

Quotehere was even a time where he was planning to take on the Mainframe Guild, and dethrone them from their title as 'Goddesses' thus making him (and I quote) 'One Badass God that's Da Bomb'. Fortunetly, with the help of Viru-sama and Cerberus-tan they were able to turn him away from that obvious suicide mission.

aka, "stopped him from being squashed like gum under a shoe".  ^^;

Quote(still prefer Krita, though)
Yosh, that it is. and I'm always to teach my ol' tricks o the trade ^^ aslo pardon me askin' what's Krita?

Oh right,  sorry,.... ^^'
Krita is a free and open source raster graphics editor that was started fairly recently, but has gained tremendous ground in terms of functionality.  It's still primitive compared to GIMP in some areas, but more advanced in others (particularly when it comes to color management).  It also uses a default single window interface rather than a multi-window one, making it easier for Photoshop migrants to get used to.  

Bundled with the KOffice suite, it's currently available only for Linux/BSD, but can probably be used in Mac and Windows after KDE4 (and consequently KOffice2) succeeds in becoming universal desktop environment.

Bella

Nice work! I'm always impressed by your inworking of backstories and such. I don't know a lot about viruses (never interested me much, honestly), but I can tell you take your time to do research, and it shows.

Awww! ChristmasTree-tan is too cute ^////^ I don't see how anyone could be threatened by her. If I had known about her when I was doing my *nix holiday pic she'd have been included...However...

Disk-Killer I wouldn't want to meet, not in a million years. She looks like a complete savage ;015

FCL and Abra-tan...LOL! FCL-chan hiding behind her sleeve is adorable, and Abra-tan's expession is priceless!

Quotehere was even a time where he was planning to take on the Mainframe Guild, and dethrone them from their title as 'Goddesses' thus making him (and I quote) 'One Badass God that's Da Bomb'. Fortunetly, with the help of Viru-sama and Cerberus-tan they were able to turn him away from that obvious suicide mission.

OMG, he's a jerk XD

And I concur with C-Chan on the outcome of taking on the mainframes :P

Siya

*Gasp!*  I'm back from my Christmas trip, and I see things!  

Comments:
Christmas Tree Virus:  I had a Reboot fancharacter idea involving the Christmas Tree virus, back in '98.  Nothing ever came of her, though.  I'm glad to see that she's one of your new virus-tans!

Disk-Killer:  Awesome!  She looks great!

FCL-tan:  Yaaaaaaaay!  ^____^  Someone who won't eat FCL-tan's hat!  This amuses me very much!

A-Bomb-kun:  I don't want to meet A-Bomb-kun...but good job.

Gussy Keniji

QuoteWoah... if not for the fact that they're mortal enemies.... A-Bomb-kun and ME-kun would be like the best drinking bodies imaginable. I do hope Viru-sama doesn't ever make the little brat a general. ^^;
Lol, I can actually see that happenin, in fact you've just given me an excellent idea of another pic

Yeah, A-Bomb-kun isn't neccisarily the best for the job, knowing him he'd actually try to overthrow Viru-sama in an egomanical power trip

Quoteaka, "stopped him from being squashed like gum under a shoe". ^^;
Indeed, lil A-bomb-kun just doesn't know his place in the OS-world does he ^^;

QuoteNice work! I'm always impressed by your inworking of backstories and such. I don't know a lot about viruses (never interested me much, honestly), but I can tell you take your time to do research, and it shows.
Ah, thanks alot Bella-san, It's always great (but not always essential) to input a bit history to these sorta characters, that way it'll give you a better view of who the character in question truly is.

QuoteDisk-Killer I wouldn't want to meet, not in a million years. She looks like a complete savage  
Yeah and she is >.>;

QuoteFCL and Abra-tan...LOL! FCL-chan hiding behind her sleeve is adorable, and Abra-tan's expession is priceless!
Once again thanks ^^ to be honest both of their expressions were a completely random choice

QuoteChristmas Tree Virus: I had a Reboot fancharacter idea involving the Christmas Tree virus, back in '98. Nothing ever came of her, though. I'm glad to see that she's one of your new virus-tans!
Hm I remember Reboot a long while ago, one of m favorite shows when I was growin up. And thanks as well ^^

QuoteDisk-Killer: Awesome! She looks great!
Yosh I think so too ^^

QuoteFCL-tan: Yaaaaaaaay! ^____^ Someone who won't eat FCL-tan's hat! This amuses me very much!
Indeed, though in Abra-chans case if she were to do that it'll be like cannabilism, somethin she just not set to do ^^

QuoteA-Bomb-kun: I don't want to meet A-Bomb-kun...but good job.
lol seems alot people aen't fond of how A-Bomb-kun does business, maybe Viru-sama and Cerberus-chan shouldn't have stopped him...

Also thanks glad fo the compliment as well

"Wut..."

C-Chan

FYI, I was wondering if this could be a potential request idea for a virus-tan.

Actually,... may not really qualify as a virus and the article is likely outdated by now.  But if the concept holds true it could potentially make for a very LARGE and very POWERFUL virus-tan that could probably match even a Mainframe-tan:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/notag/worlds-biggest-supercomputer-is-a-virus-298029.php

Course, she'd probably be as easy to control as a Nausicaän God Warrior (meaning "not really"), and hence not particularly desirable  to employ by the traditional-minded Viru-sama.  On the other hand, it wouldn't be beneath the whims of a  fiendish little OS-kun to use her to launch a coup or engage in some megalomaniac scheme.  ^^;

Alfamille

QuoteAnyhoo the much awaited (!) FCL fanpic, I think some o' you coulda probably seen this comin a mile away :P

-to make things worse I was actually eating Chicken too while drawing this...Oh forgive me Abra-chan *dramatically poetic pose*
-Hm I have another idea in this category...but I'll have to introduce s'more viruses 1st :3

Fried Chicken Linux-tan is moe. :D

She should be associated at least with Red Hat-tan

C-Chan

Yo Alfamille-san, welcome back finally (the invitation paid off?).  ^___^

I guess tha pairing could work,... although there are lots of other OS-tans with animal hats that could probably fit the bill too.  ^^

(thinks Spida-tan with her spider hat, or FreeDOS-tan with her whale hat)