Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Waiiii,.... ^__^
Very gorgeous-looking, I'll give you that!  ^v^
And judging from the program description, it's obvious she'd be the best of friends with Tinfoil Hat-tan (if that were even possible).  ^__^

....But very unexpected.  I was expecting a squirrel girl, but I suppose it is appropriate given how close Halloween is.  ^.^

<__<

>__>

*glomps*  *v*

Siya

And here's the aforementioned Momonga-tan (specifically, Momonga Linux 3...I guess).

I can't think of anything to mention about her, at the moment.

Ah, well.  I guess the picture is enough for now.

Alfamille

For shame that I haven't given notice to this thread for so long! -_-"

Thanks for the YDL-tan! All of your works are really well done! :)

C-Chan

aha!!  ^v^
So there's my Momonga-chan!  ^__^

Very cute, very charming, very... sassy.  ^.^
Has the tail and ears going, and an appropriate color scheme over an equally-appropriate Japanese school girl-like uniform.  ^__^
Not really feeling the bucktooth, but it can't be helped,... she is a squirrel after all.  ^.^
Do I see dichromatic eyes there, or is that just a visual trick on the eye?  ^__^

All in all, excellent design!  ^v^b
I should note, however, the following truisms:

Squirrels are fluffy creatures.

Japanese high school girls stereotypically wear fluffy socks.  

Put 2+2 together....

She's the perfect candidate for fluffy socks!  ^V^
(and believe me,... I'm not exactly a fan of fluffy socks, but I exploit good propping opportunities when I see 'em)  ^___^

Siya

Thanks for the compliments, Alfamille!

Quote from: "C-Chan"Do I see dichromatic eyes there, or is that just a visual trick on the eye?  ^__^

Indeed you do!  I pulled that from this little clip I found:

Also, the shoulder guard thingies are also blue and brown.  Unfortunately, I arranged her in such a way that only one color can be seen.  I failed to notice my mistake, I'm afraid, until I was far into the coloring stage.  

QuoteShe's the perfect candidate for fluffy socks!  ^V^

You're right!  She should have fluffy socks!  I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Siya

Right now, I'm working on...someone.  But, while I'm working on it, I thought I'd put up a concept sketch that I may or may not finish depending on how inspired I feel.

Songbird-tan, a media player which can also perform as a web browser.  If I do continue, I might give her wings, too.  The idea for her mostly came from Oruha (from CLAMP's Clover).

Bella

I'm liking Momonga-chan :D What a cutie!

And Songbird-tan is very graceful and elegant!

C-Chan

Setting aside the awesome fact that Bella-san is back (I'll get to you in a sec... ^.^), I concur.... Songbird-tan is a cutie-pie in the making.  ^__^

I know it's still a beta, but it's also a potential Open Source alternative to WMP and iTunes.  If it's successful, then for sure!  it needs its own App-tan, and I'm glad that Siya-san has the foresight to prepare one.  ^.^

I will venture to guess that those "wings" you mentioned are probably crow wings.  ^___^

I should also note that you've gotten me curious as to who this "someone" might be.  Knowing you, I'm sure it's a very unconventional OS or an oft-overlooked Linux distro.  ^v^

On the other hand, i suppose it'd be equally as swoonful to create a full-body rendition of a previously only chibified OS-tan.  ^__^

A gorgeous, full-sized rendition of Yoper-sama, for example, is precisely what the doctor ordered (I even have the slip to prove it!)  ^v^

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"I will venture to guess that those "wings" you mentioned are probably crow wings.  ^___^
That's right!  ^_^

QuoteI should also note that you've gotten me curious as to who this "someone" might be.  Knowing you, I'm sure it's a very unconventional OS or an oft-overlooked Linux distro.  ^v^
Wonder no more as I have finished!

Musix-tan!

QuoteA gorgeous, full-sized rendition of Yoper-sama, for example, is precisely what the doctor ordered (I even have the slip to prove it!)  ^v^
If the doctor wrote the slip, then this must be serious!  A full sized Yoper will definitely be put under consideration.  I can't make any promises, though...but we'll see.

C-Chan

You need not worry any further, my friend, as I believe I've found a new girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!   ^V^

*leaps wildly toward Musix-tan*

COME TO PIGGY, MUSIX.... -S-A-.... -M-A!!!!!  ^V^

*swoons in mid-flight, and comes crashing before her feet*

Bella

Musix-tan! Cool!

I just love her outfit! And the look on her face is just darling :D

Keep up the great work! It's awesome to see such a talented artist as you making so many new OS-tan designs!

C-Chan

That's the word I'm lookin' for!!!!!!  ^0^

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-riliiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!  ^v^

*latches on to Musix-tan's leg like a barnacle and squeals with delight*  ^-^

Siya

Yay!  *tosses doctor's slip*  Now that the health of others is not a problem, I'd like to put up a couple more sketches.  This is mostly to throw out some ideas and, if I pursue them further, make some changes.

First up, LinEspa-tan:

I'm most sold on the basic design of this one, but I'm having reservations about that weapon thing.  I have been considering giving her a bladed whip, instead.

Next, AEGIS-tan and Domain/OS-tan:

I have yet to decide which is which, if they are not both just different versions of AEGIS.  The network cable hair tendrils allude to the mythical Aegis, which displayed the head of Medusa, as well as being designed toward networked computers.  The left idea was fashioned with the idea of being rather business-oriented.  The right was a simplified version of the first, indicating minimal frills and unnecessary programs.  Should they both be different versions of AEGIS or does one of them pop out as being Domain/OS?

Next, OLPC-tan:

Or is it OLPC-sensei?  OLPC (One Laptop Per Child) is a charitable organization which is giving laptops to underprivileged children all over the globe in hopes of aiding their education and chances of competing in a global economy.  The laptops themselves are specially designed and have a specialized operating system for this purpose.   Since the laptop and the OS are so co-related, I did use an element or two from the hardware design in OLPC-tan's concept.  The main question I have on this one is whether she should be teacher-like (educator) or child-like (playmate for children).  

Next up is RIP-tan (no sketch):

RIP (Recovery Is Possible) made me think of a necromancer, for some reason.  A nice and well-meaning necromancer, but a necromancer nonetheless.   Possibly, she wears a white witch's hat and carries around a magical staff for "resurrections".  Does this sound like an accurate depiction?

C-Chan

3.... 2.... 1..... ^v^

*SWOOOOOONAGE*

[PS: promise to reply when I've regained consciousness.... ^.^]

Bella

LinEspa and AEGIS I've never heard of before, but none the less I love your sketches! They're very fluid and elegant, and I really love their outfits, not to mention their hair and accessories.

With OLPC-tan, actually, I've wondered when we'd see a design, and it's cool you decided to make one! She looks very sweet and friendly...perfect for the concept, I believe!

And it'll be neat seeing an RIP-tan...I once had an idea for a recovery OS-tan similar to that, but I never when forward with it : / Knowing you, however, I'm sure she's going to be awesome! (I really wouldn't be surprised to find out you're a professional artist!)