Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Ah yes, I almost forgot about that [recipe thread].  ^__^

Course, I couldn't dream of eating this cutie.  ^>^

(usually people eat ME rather than the other way around.... ^.^')

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Though sadly, I haven't seen him in a long time.  ;__;

*sniffles*

And he was just about to make a really neat Sabayon-tan too.... ;~;

*cries*  ;^0^;

*cough*  

Never fear, C-Chan.  I'm still around.

Just...a lot busier than I was.  I have finished one of my projects, though, so maybe I'll be able to start working on Sabayon-tan after work, tomorrow!

Bella

Good to see you're still around! Though, I should talk cause sometimes I can't get online much anyway : /

Yoper-chan is cute, but my fave is SkyOS-sama! She is gorgeous! You make my want to do a fanart of her :D Great job and I await seeing more!

C-Chan

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

SIYA-san is back!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

*salutes*

Yes "siya", I shall wait here immediately, "siya"!!  ^-^\

*sits down*

*wags tail expectantly*

Added after 45 seconds:

PS:  I'm very happy to note that, with all the latest influx of art and people interested in drawing, this is almost like a mini artistic renaissance we're having.  Please keep it up, minna-san!  ^__^

Aurora Borealis

Yay!! Siya has returned! :D

Siya

Quote from: "Bella"Yoper-chan is cute, but my fave is SkyOS-sama! She is gorgeous! You make my want to do a fanart of her :D Great job and I await seeing more!

I'd love to see fanart of SkyOS-tan!  These OS-tan concepts I make are not for me to horde, but for the community - nay, the WORLD!

I'm not done with Sabayon-tan, just yet.  However, if anyone wants a sneak peek at what I have so far, just check here.

I also realized that I am a bit lazy when it comes to figuring out the personalities of some of the systems that I have created OS-tan designs for.  Would anyone like to step up to the bat to flesh them out a little more?

C-Chan

*takes peak*

*INSTA-SWOON!!!!!!!!!!!*  *V*

Sorry,... too busy swooned out to think of anything.  Will keep you posted.... XvX

*goes unconscious*

Bella

QuoteI'd love to see fanart of SkyOS-tan! These OS-tan concepts I make are not for me to horde, but for the community - nay, the WORLD!

Great :D

QuoteI'm not done with Sabayon-tan, just yet. However, if anyone wants a sneak peek at what I have so far, just check here.

Nice job! I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far!

QuoteI also realized that I am a bit lazy when it comes to figuring out the personalities of some of the systems that I have created OS-tan designs for. Would anyone like to step up to the bat to flesh them out a little more?

This is usually the hardest part of designing new OS-tans : /

I think SkyOS-tan, for example, would be very good looking (which you've taken care of!), because the GUI is nice looking. She may have somewhat of a conflict of feelings...as parts of the OS are open source, but mostly proprietary. Although smart, she's not very well known and often doesn't get along too well with most people offhand (because SkyOS often has trouble with device drivers).

I usually research the OS, then try to make some parallels with it's OS-tan counterpart. I like to embellish a bit, too, because that makes it more interesting and fun ;)

Siya

Alright!  Sabayon-tan is finished!  

Bweeheehee!

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I removed the mackerel she was holding in the original sketch.  It just didn't seem necessary.

Bella

Wow!

Beautiful! I love her flowing, frilly dress and hair style, you're really have got a lot of fashion sense!

And also how you tie the theme together with the stockings and nets over her hair buns....

*puts down on list of potential fanart*

C-Chan

You know I've waited an eternity to see Sabayon-tan completed....  ^__^
Can I say it was worth the wait.......?  -___-

YOU BET MA BACON IT IS!!!!!!!!!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

*splatters crazy glue all over self and latches onto a hair bun*

Sorry!  Mine!  I'm repossessing her!  Whady'all staring at?  Can't you see she's mine, see?  GO away!  Beastly things, shoo shoo!!!!  Leave me and my new Siya favorite in peace!!!  ^0^

*coos with delight*

Yeah, she's gorgeous!  ^___^
A surprisingly-effective mixture of gothic black, lively hair, and intriguing costume design that worked so well for Yoper-sama.  Color theme-wise, she could've used perhaps a little more orange -- nevertheless, red and black are definitely Sabayon colors, and the classical Italian princess look more than reinforces the meaning (more than making her like Pudding-chan).  I understand you had to lose the fish, but don't worry as the fish-net stockings (and hair-bun covers) do offer their own subtle reference to "saba".  ^v^

I said before that you're mastery with fold and frills clearly shows you're an experienced comic drawer and more than apt to bringing this bleeding-edge and elegant OS to life.  ^__^
You can bet my ham too I'll be drawing her one day!  ^v^

Will still need a raincheck on her personality since I've been occupied with other stuff these past few days... but being a Linux-tan, we know she can't be mean-spirited and goes out of her way to help people.  That is, assuming the people she helps can understand her techno-babble (they'd never see that coming from someone who looks like an aristocrat).  ^^;

Siya

I'm glad Sabayon-tan has had such a warm reception.

I neglected to explain a few of my stylistic choices, so I shall do that now.

First of all, I chose the hair color to match (somewhat) the color of sabayon cream.  The little red beads and balls all over the place are meant to resemble cherries, indicating the "cherry on top" of a good dessert.  I felt that the hair nets, combined with the red beads, helped give her the well put-together look of a French pastry (the only real connection that sabayon has with this is that it's a dessert...but that's why I did it)

Conveniently, the hair net pattern also match her fish net stockings as Bella pointed out.   As C-Chan picked up on, the fish net stockings are meant as a subtle pun on "saba" or mackerel.

The black and red color scheme was derived from the screenshots and logos for Sabayon Linux that I had come across first.  I had stumbled upon an orange and yellow theme much later (which may have pleased you a bit more, C-Chan)...

...but since my original idea worked better with the red and black, I stuck with it.  I tried some color arrangements that incorporated orange and/or yellow, but they didn't work so well.  Maybe her eyes should be orange?  Anyway, I decided that the orange and yellow would just have to be in a different outfit.  We'll see if that ever comes to fruition.

For now, though, I'm on to other things.  Maybe...momonga-tan?

C-Chan

QuoteI'm glad Sabayon-tan has had such a warm reception.

You were expecting a bad reception?  ^___^

I mean anyone could TRY and give Sabayon-sama a hard time,.... ¯v¯
That way we can find out if a tusk-less pig can still GORE people... mwahaha....  `v'

QuoteFirst of all, I chose the hair color to match (somewhat) the color of sabayon cream. The little red beads and balls all over the place are meant to resemble cherries, indicating the "cherry on top" of a good dessert. I felt that the hair nets, combined with the red beads, helped give her the well put-together look of a French pastry (the only real connection that sabayon has with this is that it's a dessert...but that's why I did it)

Tast-ehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
AND I'm stuck to her hair to boot!  ^-^

*starts chewing*

The cherries were a nice touch, although admittedly i wouldn't have figured that out until you told me.  ^__^

QuoteConveniently, the hair net pattern also match her fish net stockings as Bella pointed out. As C-Chan picked up on, the fish net stockings are meant as a subtle pun on "saba" or mackerel.

You know, of course, that THAT never occurred to me.  Many kudos to your for picking up the subtler puns around us..... ^.^

QuoteThe black and red color scheme was derived from the screenshots and logos for Sabayon Linux that I had come across first.

I've seen that one in the LiveDVD splash screen.

QuoteI had stumbled upon an orange and yellow theme much later (which may have pleased you a bit more, C-Chan)...

...but since my original idea worked better with the red and black, I stuck with it. I tried some color arrangements that incorporated orange and/or yellow, but they didn't work so well. Maybe her eyes should be orange? Anyway, I decided that the orange and yellow would just have to be in a different outfit. We'll see if that ever comes to fruition.

Actually,.... now that you mention it,....... I'd love to see how she would look with orange eyes.  Not only would it compliment her cheeriness beautifully,... but if you've managed to get into the LiveDVD desktop (a real feat,... given how long it takes... ^^'), the whole system is like one giant celebration of "Orange".  You'd think Code Geass' Orange-kun would like jump out of there or something.  ^^;

QuoteFor now, though, I'm on to other things. Maybe...momonga-tan?

OOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!  ^v^
You do realize that,... if you do draw a Momonga-chan (betcha she'd be small and "squirrely"),... she'd be the second OS-tan aside from DOS/V to be a TRUE Japanese OS-tan.  ^_______^;

*stares with indignation at 95-tan and her wannabe Japanese attire*

(Yep.... Someone needs to get her rear back to Redmond..... `v')

Siya

Bweeheeheehee!  As Halloween is approaching, I thought a new browser-tan would like to make her debut.  

I would like to introduce Ghostzilla-tan!

Ghostzilla-tan is a sneaky and morally-ambiguous browser-tan designed to aid people who aren't permitted to browse the internet do so in a stealthy manner.  How does she do this?  She fits herself into an existing program!

What's this?  Ghostzilla-tan is inside Jodix Free WMA to MP3 Converter?  Well, not actually.  She sizes her window to appear as if it is a part of an open program.  

Like any good ghost, Ghostzilla-tan can disappear completely and reappear later!

~~~~

Now for stylistic choices.

I had an idea of making her look slightly ninja-esque, but I figured that skimpy yurei attire would work just fine.  

The dotted lines on her legs and neck (and panties) reference the dotted lines surrounding images that are hidden in the Ghostzilla browser window.  To reveal the images, one only has to place their mouse pointer over the dotted space.  I kept Ghostzilla-tan rather pale because the default settings for the browser are a very colorless gray.