Main Menu

Top 50 Animes

Started by Icelilly, July 03, 2007, 11:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xonomech

WERE IS ELFEN LIED?! well... here in mexico, to many people belive that Elfen Lied desplased Evangelion as a most beter anime. i belive that the two animes was great at his time...
now after a review of the list, i think its only the most seens animes... isn it? not nesesary the bests... may be its to much complex to chose the ranks... there is realy-heavy-good animes that only few people knows, as well the "Doblaje" (Lipsing of a country (i dont know who its say that)) sometimes give negative points to the rank... almost always its beter see the anime in japanese.

In oter chases: For example, years ago, i see the anime Slayers ("Los Justisieros" in mexico) and it realy like me a lot, the characters have a nice charisma for his voices... some years later i found some VHS of slayers in English and Japanese Audio, well, the Japanese Audio was sweet as well... but the English......... mmmm....... not so good... (other example, after years of see EVANGELION:REBIRTH i still laught a lot whit the scream of shinji after the look of the Asuka's Eva... AJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!) well... i think i wrote a lot...

May be the rank must have more divitions, like: YEAR, COUNTRY, ETC...

WHAIT A MOMENT..................... ¿¡¿¿¡¡¡¿¡¿¿¡¿14. Spirited Away?!?!?!?!?!?! OMG! HOW DID THIS LIST?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! well its ok if you count a LOT the computer animation... but the movie was slow and borring... ¿¿¡¿¿¡¿¿¿¿¡AND WERE IS ADVENT CHILDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  IF SPIRITED AWAY HAVE RANK... WHY FF7:AC DOSNT HAVE IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THIS IS BAD... REALY BAD!  GOD, WERE ARE YOU?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

xonomech

EMM.... NOBODY WILL COMPLEMENT MY COMENT?

CaptBrenden

It was already agreed that most people feel the list was jacked up.  Personaly I feel Elfen Lied was pretty damn good. I happen to be watching it right now, but as for beating Evangelion as the very essance of sci fi anime, humm maybe not so much.  

Oh and as good as FF&:AC was, it was simply fan service to those who played the game. No one that hasnt played the game can appriciate whats going on it it, its just pretty animation to them.  It has a limited audiance.   However, all of Hayao Miyazaki films are master peices in my opinion. I would say Mononoke is better then spirited away, but as for being a full and complete story anyone can enjoy Spirited Away does indeed beat the tar out of Advent Children.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

xonomech

HO HELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! I CONFUSE ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CONFUSE "SPIRITED AWAY" WITH "SPIRIT WHITIN" HOLY HELL! THIS CAN'T HAPEN TO MEEEEEEEEE! well, here it is the explication: In Mexico "Spirited Away" its called "El viaje de Chihiro" (The Travel of Chihiro), and "Final Fantasy: Spirit Within" its called "Final Fantasy: El Espiritu en nosotros", so, wen i read "Spirit (someting)" i think what is FF:SW, and not "El viaje de Chihiro" as i am acostumbrate to know "Spirited Away"...

Well, i realy like Hayao Miyazaki, and i think what is best work was "Princess Mononoke", then "Howl’s Moving Castle" and "Spirited Away" are match. I also see "Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro", its grate, but i dont think that can win to "Princess Mononoke". i still didnt see "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind", i hope to see it some day...

yea, thats right, i concord whit you CaptBrenden, about FF7:AC was just for fans and most of the people dosnt understand the history... but the BATTLES! OMFMFG! the battles was awesome! i know a LOT (A REALY LOT) of people who dosnt play the game, and they realy fasinate the action o the movie (and some oters want to play the game), some of my friends who see it, they coment me:

"...the another day i see Matrix Revolutions, and now after see FF:AC, it was slow for me"

or

"Its like see Neo and Smith with swords!"

em... seeya!

Myrdin

planet es, black lagoon, gunslinger girl, full metal panic, jin-roh, paprika, and more are not on the list. They are incredible shows and at least one should have been on the main list, if not all.

I do like miyazaki films a lot but I don't think that that many were worthy of the list. Most of his films are rather formulaic. The characters are the same, only the settings change.

Crayon Shin Chan is possibly the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen on TV and I'm appalled that it is even on the list.

I think it's safe to conclude that only hikomori otakus were polled and the list is therefore very inaccurate.

Mushi-shi was very good. I agree that it deserves a high place on the list.

The maker of Evangelion was clinically insane. I think it shows in the anime. What people mistake for deep commentary into the psyche is really just the fecal finger paintings of a madman.

Nodame Cantible should have been there (but near the bottom) for the soundtrack alone. MONGOOSE BOX FTW!

xonomech

the draws of Crayon Shin Chan are too many alternatives (almost crapy), but realy it make me laught a lot, obiously its not a child cartoon, it have a mature humor, here in mexico was banned after half year of transmition, the point is, i tink it do it cometide, make laught, as well a short serie caled EBICHU, the draws as well are odd, but as well make me laught as well or more like Shin Chan, i don't think what can reach the rank what it has, but i think what can have some rank...

MisterCat

BASKETCAT IS NOT ENTIRELY PLEASED!

Apart from the mecha distractions, Shin Seiki Evangelion is an interesting series.  Ayanami Rei and SōryÅ« Asuka Langley are extremely well-thought-out characters; and it's their stories which carry the series.  So I don't mind seeing it on top in the poll.

It could have been worse:  Some mecha-happy series without any interesting characters might have taken the top spot.  Anyway, I'm miffed because El-Hazard:  The Magnificent World isn't on the list.

;137

=^..^=

CaptBrenden

its a rare mr cat spotting! *tranq dart gun fire!*
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

nagato

Its good that Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the shell: SAC, Ghost in the shell, Full metal alchemist, full metal alchemist: conquerer of shambala, AKira, The melancholy of haurhi suzumiya, Dragon ball, sailor moon, and gundam seed are in it. (though gundam seed puzzles me because I like it but its not that good same with dragon ball.)
Feb 4th 2008. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

"you wanna tangle red?" Stephen Colbert
"I wanna tangle." Conan O\'Brian
"How do you want to settle this?" Stephen Colbert
"I want to settle this a civilized way... with violence, violence ladies and gentlement." Conan O\'Brian
"Lets do it. Come on. I am going to kick your ass." Stephen Colbert.

Smokey

I'm with Myrdin here, I dont see Black Lagoon on there wich is a great anime, also i thought they should put "All the GITS movies/series" at least on second place, 'cause thats an anime that goes philosophical and human psyche and stuff...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

ryuguxsaber

Elfen Lied, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and so many others aren't there... flawed statistics are flawed.
"I win at life."
-Sojiro Izumi

NejinOniwa

Might as well say "Flawed tastes are flawed", but that just means you're out of the main stream. Which, since you're on /b/, is pretty much a given.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

ryuguxsaber

I can't argue with that...
"I win at life."
-Sojiro Izumi

Radjah

IMHO, Sailor Moon is trash :)

NejinOniwa

It's junk[/color], desu~
Junk in the trunk, desu!

=O[/b] v O=[/size]

Added after 41 seconds: