Main Menu

Top 50 Animes

Started by Icelilly, July 03, 2007, 11:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icelilly

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=2088

Looks Evangelion took the top spot. Which doesn't surprise me at all. But I think Sailor Moon should of been higher the CCS. Since it was "THE" shoujo anime that started it all... I'm really sad that Inuyasha and Pokemon didn't make the cut since Pokemon is a classic and is still being aired in Japan and Inuyasha was pretty popular.

Your thoughts?

Gummster

I am displeased! It's good that Eva is in the top and all, but why isn't Gunslinger Girl even on the list!?
I will now go send this to onii-sama, I am sure that he will rejoice.

Darknight_88

I'm glad Patlabor, Voices of a distant Star and GItS are on the list. But...Gundam SEED??

wtf man, wtf?

zjhentohlauedy

where do they get the basis for this? some of the most popular i know aren't even on the list. and if its about quality why isn't even one of naoki urusawa's work in there?
My my, aren't you lovely~

Silentbob

Well, these kind of lists don't really represent my tastes in anime, so I don't pay much attention to them.

CaptBrenden

I dont remember who it was I was talking to, but it was IRC here on the forums, and I said Eva was the essance of anime, a true classic and he got all butt hurt and called me an american otaku (apperently thats soppose to be an insult)  

I dont know about the others on the list but I agree with eva being #1. When i think anime eva is one of the first things that comes to mind.  Giant robots, technology, human relations, cute girls, giant battles.. you name it.  it dosnt cover all genera but i think its the best example of anime I can think of
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Gummster

That would have been Seiji on the IRC, I remember watching it not daring to say anything.

CaptBrenden

ah yes, thats right. still Im glad im not the only one that thinks thus about Eva.  dont get me wroung, there have been great series since then.  I absolutly love gunslinger girl and rozen maiden, but they still dont compeat with the ever lasting fame of eva

zjhentohlauedy

eva was good but i think it continues to reign because of the fan base it has already created, a fan base that doesn't seem to reduce in numbers but instead keeps on increasing. and i think fan made stuff and merchandise helps a lot too :)
My my, aren't you lovely~

homemovies

ohman nadesico is wayy at the bottom and ccs is all the way up top.

CaptBrenden

well thats part of it... i mean, how old is that series?  now they are making spin offs.  you can find all sorts of figs for new anime at conventions, but not so much for old, but you can ALWAYS find eva stuff, and totoro but thats another thing alltogeather.. tho another classic if you ask me

omnibladeexe

Wow, I'm a bit surprised at how low Astroboy was. I would have thought it would be higher up, at least 25 or so. But it ranked below even Nadesico (my favorite anime; pity the sequel fell through), which I was somewhat surprised even made the cut.

Honestly though, I don't quite get what keeps Evangelion so popular. Sure, it's a great series, but does it really have that loyal a fanbase? Or is it just all the figures and other merchandise they continue to spin out?

Tsubashi

I think Evangelion stays popular because, not only is it a well made anime, but it also has deep parallels into the human psyche, and is also uber-ambiguous to the point where extrapolation is a necessity. It allows people to draw plausible conclusions of their own creation.
maybe? ^-^
-Tsu

Slaven152

Wow... That list really surprised me. I expected a few not to be there and others to have been... XP

davedson111