Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

One weird dream I recorded in my log, which I had roughly 10 years ago (Another one of those dreams I'm surprised I still remember), involved something strange with Donkey Kong 64.

In it, I was playing the game's multiplayer mode online from my N64, and the game itself felt different; it had bigger maps, each Kong had their own unique style of play with a wide variety of weapons, and the temporary invincibility you receive after being shot is completely removed to make things more exciting (The best way I can think to describe it is that it was like a Donkey Kong themed mod of Goldeneye, with elements of Team Fortress 2 blended in). However, while I, as Diddy, was in the middle of an intense dogfight against someone playing as Chunky, the graphics got all screwy and the game crashed with an error message, and Donkey Kong saying "There is a glitch" before cutting to what sounded like a dial tone. Because of how well I was doing when the game decided to crash, I let out a Big No that I managed to hold from that point until the dream ended; the dream ending with my sister walking up, turning off the N64, and walking away without saying anything.

Chocofreak13

sounds like an anime moment. >w< badass.

2 dreams i've had recently (that i was smart enough to write down): a few days ago i dreamt that i was making my mum a special cake for her birthday/mother's day (they're very close, so it could have been both). it was shaped like a ferris wheel, and it actually worked--and even had individual little people in the cars. i made sure to keep it a secret, and she was so surprised. ^^

the one i had this morning could best be described as city x homeless family x the beast below x garages.

it started off in this city that i could describe as a mix between boston, victorian england and Starship UK (from the Dr. Who episode "The Beast Below"). This homeless family lived below the streets (which was illegal, along with begging for change). On the surface, this little Matilda-esque girl managed to get some change out of some people, and rode off on a scooter, stopping to buy some slices of pizza along the way. Eventually, she stopped to pick up some stuff on the street (coins, can tabs, MBTA receipts), and a little boy on a motorized scooter stopped and took her scooter, leaving his for her. She continued on, pizza in hand, stopping every so often to pick up stuff (one receipt she tried to get disintegrated in a puddle), and as she was doing this some people tried to help her (by holding her pizza and stuff). They were wary of doing this because it was illegal, but they did it anyway, but once she was done retrieving stuff from the street she politely refused their help. Eventually she made her way to a giant garage door, over a giant roof. The roof was soft and somewhat squishy, and she was afraid it was going to cave in, so she tried to get off of it. As she was doing this, her backpack's strap got caught on one of the handles of the garage, which could have activated the garage door and carried her down, but due to the danger she quickly unhooked herself and got under the roof. There she found a room (with lilac walls and a light goldenrod carpet) with a dressform stuck in the wall, wearing a blond flippy wig and a wedding dress. On the other side of the room, were stairs leading to below the street......

(best approximation of what the room with the dressform looked like)
click to make it bigger

Bella

I had a dream this morning where I was in a pokemon battle where i was using my dogs as pokemon and I think I was trying to put them up against a Ninetails (I think).

They ended up running away.

When I woke up, I literally thought to myself, "Bravo subconscious, that was HILARIOUS."

Nichi

This is one I remember having a few months back; shortly after I started watching Card Captor Sakura again (Dating this as sometime in January at the earliest).

In the dream, I had just got out of bed and looked out the window; finding it to be a nice spring day outside. I decided that I was going to go ride my bike, but before I left, I decided to sit down and watch one more episode of CCS; because I had left off on the episode where Syaoran Li was introduced. As I sat down in front of my laptop, with a glass of orange juice in hand and ready to watch this episode, I happen to glance at the clock on the taskbar; as this dream quickly turned to a nightmare, as I soon realized that, not only was it a Monday, but I was 4 hours late to work.

I woke up for real with a jolt shortly after; looking over at my alarm clock with relief, because while it was indeed a Monday, I still had plenty of time to get ready for work.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i hate stuff like that. freaks ya out, huh?
@bella: you need to train them more. :\

the other morning i had a dream that my family and a couple a' friends (including some of you guys) were all staying in this SOOPER-FANCY mansion thingy; there was like, marble everywhere and one of the bathrooms was blue marble and porcelain and had a beach motif so there was ivory clamshells all over the place.

then at the end of it i had to take some tweezers and pull an ant out of my chest, cause it had decided to burrow in and was almost all the way covered by skin. it was disgusting, creepy, and hurt like hell.
i woke up thinking, shouldn't i have sterilized the wound after...?
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 14, 2011, 01:25:02 PM
-- I happen to glance at the clock on the taskbar; as this dream quickly turned to a nightmare, as I soon realized that, not only was it a Monday, but I was 4 hours late to work.

I woke up for real with a jolt shortly after; looking over at my alarm clock with relief, because while it was indeed a Monday, I still had plenty of time to get ready for work.

That's one of the most common nightmares I have: being absurdly late from something. It's usually accompanied with me trying to leave to reach there, with something or someone preventing me. >< It's always so stressful when that happens...

Nichi

@Pit: I don't have those kind of nightmares too often, thankfully; I hate being late when I can avoid it

Anyway, one I remember having as a kid (One I'm surprised I still remember; since I had it sometime in '99) involves a boss fight in Bomberman Hero I was having trouble with; which, to give you a quick rundown so things will make sense, this character seemed to know my every move before I made it and how to successfully dodge or counter it, which lead to my imagination going wild that night as I tried to figure out how he's so powerful.

The nightmare involved me being in the role of Bomberman; as I was attempting to fight that boss. But, his ability to predict my moves went further; as he was capable of using psychic powers to stop me from attacking, like Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid (Which, at the time, I had never played it). It ended about how you'd expect; I was effortlessly defeated.

However, when I revisited the game back in mid '08, as I finally figured out that boss' one weakness, I actually had the same nightmare again; except this time, after he proudly said "You can't beat me!", I said "Go ahead; make my day" before curbstomping him. You got to love it when you end up revisiting a nightmare from your childhood, and making a joke out of whatever scared you

Chocofreak13

i wish i could do that with some of my nightmares. :3 but the stuff i had nightmares about still scare me to this day. .__.;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: That's the only nightmare I've ever done that with; most of the ones like that simply went away...or, in the case of one, came back like a warning that I shouldn't do something I was considering at the time (I'll share that one later).

Anyway, I had two interesting dreams last night; the second of which feels like my first lucid dream since the one with the diaper-shaped UFO (Which this time, I did get to experiment a little more; although nothing quite as elaborate as last time).

The first one I don't remember too much about; I just remember it being mid-morning, as I glance at the clock beside my bed and realize I'm 2 hours late for work...but I didn't seem to care too much; having this weird feeling that nothing bad was going to happen. After waking up to turn off my ceiling fan (It was getting a bit chilly in my room), I went back to sleep; which is where the more noteworthy of the two dreams began.

The 2nd dream opened up with me going on some adventure with the 10th Doctor; which I happened to have my sonic screwdriver flashlight with me (Which he never did comment on, oddly enough; you think he'd notice me using something resembling Time Lord technology). After hunting through a room in a castle, finding some necklace hidden in the wall that we where after (I don't remember what was so significant about it, though), I eventually found myself separated from the Doctor; now finding myself outside of my grandma's store as she's holding a gigantic garage sale in the parking lot; which she's talking about doing in a few weeks in real life, for the curious.

However, I began to notice some some things that where very inconsistent; such as my grandma actually running this sale instead of drafting someone into doing the work for her (Which is what she usually does with things not directly involving the items in her store). I then found myself not only pointing out the inaccuracies, but riffing on them as if my dream was a cheesy movie on MST3K; which lead to me going lucid. When I realized I actually had control over myself in the dream, the first thing I did was jump off the porch (Which is about a foot off the ground), as I jumped almost as high as Mario and landed very slowly like I was hovering in midair. Shortly after, I attempted to take to the skies and fly...but it didn't work; so I just settled for roaming around the garage sale to see what weird items where for sale (Such as a copy of Portal 2...for the Atari 2600).

After exploring that for a little while, I ended up having a false awakening; as I glanced at my alarm clock to find it was 7:01AM, which is later than I normally get up, but with still enough time to have a glass of orange juice before I have to get ready for work...but there was no orange juice in the fridge.

I woke up for real shortly after; it actually being 6:30AM (About 30 minutes later than I normally get up on a weekday) and, thankfully, with plenty of orange juice in the fridge.

Chocofreak13

lol. portal for the atari. -w-

(i'd really like to see that)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

As for that one nightmare I briefly mentioned in my last post (One that came back when I was older like a warning), here's what I cam remember of it.

I had this nightmare for the first time back in mid '98, when I was no older than 7 at the time; one that I remember well because of how emotionally scarring it was for me. In it, I happened to be at Six Flags, which seems like it'd be a good thing...until I got separated from my family in a giant crowd and got stuck in the park overnight; completely alone, without any sign of life or any hope of being found. This is the only nightmare I ever woke up from crying, because of how real it felt; being all alone and trapped in time...

Now, fast-forward to early '08; I was about to turn 17 in just a few weeks, and was in the process of saving up some money to come along with my church's youth group on their annual summer trip to Six Flags, since I hadn't been there in years (The last time was about a month prior to that nightmare). However, by the time I had roughly half of the money needed saved up, I ended up having this nightmare again; with some changes to the details (Not only was I older this time, but instead of being separated from my parents because of a large crowd, I was abandoned by my group while I was waiting in line for one of the rollercoasters). Taking this as a subconscious warning to not go, I scrapped the plans and ended up buying a copy of Super Mario Galaxy with the money I had saved up.

Krizonar

Like said in a different topic, I had a very Scot Pillgrimish dream.

My weapon/power was awesome.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: that's sad. :[
@kriz: do you remember what it was?

i dreamt about someone i cared about a few days ago. :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Yes... I will have to draw it, as it's hard to explain. Apparently I'm a lance user though.

Chocofreak13

sweeeeet. -w-

wait, lance as in jousting lance or lance as in spear? :\
click to make it bigger