Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Another one I had that is worth sharing was one the night before I went to pick up Pokémon SoulSilver.

In the dream (Or should I say nightmare), which was also quite vivid I might add, I woke up and was about to get ready to head over to Gamestop to pick up the copy I had preordered and paid in full, when I noticed several things that where odd; my desk, along with Frankenstein, where missing, as well as my DS, my rabbit (Who is sadly no longer around), and even the puzzle of Syaoran Li I had hanging on the wall for ages was gone...and upon glancing out the window, I noticed my car was gone and my mom's old car, which she sold off a few years prior, was back in it's old spot like nothing ever happened. In a rush to figure out what the hell was going on, I went into the living room when the calender on the wall caught my attention; noticing that it wasn't March 14, 2010, but March 14, 2000. Letting out a Big No like Darth Vader upon realizing that this means I have to go through school all over again, I woke up shortly after; in the right timeframe, thankfully.

Chocofreak13

^^; yeah, i've often thought about what would happen if i reverted to my childhood. sure, i'd get to play around again, but i'd have to go through the nearly two decades of hell to get back to normal again. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

About the only benefit would be reliving one of the crowning moments of awesome from around that time; as, after a terrible stay overnight at my grandmother's house for a funeral (Long story), my mom told them that we needed to head home because I had some homework to do...which was really an excuse to leave early, because Outlaw Star was about to be on.

Also, Windows 2000 would still be available in stores, but then there's the problem of saving up $300...

Bella

If I could do it all over again... Macs. I would definitely steer my family into buying Macs for our first (1998) and second (2004) computers. Since we never actually needed a Windows machine for the purposes we used them for (word-processing, art, web-browsing) and they'd probably still be running today. :/

I had a dream the night before last that involved swans in a pond. This is like... the third time they've shown up in my dreams recently...

There was also some sort of nightmare... but all I can actually remember is that K8 was running again and I was trying to use my TV set as a monitor for her...

Chocofreak13

@everyone: but if you COULD do it all again, WOULD you?

@bells: windows machines can last that long if you take proper care of them. :\ the reason windows gets viruses is because the general pop. who uses computers are a. lazy b. incompetent c. expecting the computer to do everything for them or d. all of the above. :\

also, you might consider picking up a book on dream intrepretation, if you're having a recurring symbol. :\ it could mean something subconsciously.

@pentium: you mum watched outlaw star?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 07, 2011, 06:16:00 PM
windows machines can last that long if you take proper care of them

As I've said before; when well maintained, even Windows ME runs pretty stable. The last time I've had to reinstall Windows 98SE on the Yeti was in 2007, and that's just because I wanted to downgrade back to it after my experiment to see if it'd run Windows 2000 (Which it did run it surprisingly well, but 98SE was better suited for what I use the Yeti for).

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 07, 2011, 06:16:00 PM
@pentium: you mum watched outlaw star?

Yeah, she used to watch a lot of those shows like that with my sister and I; of those shows, she did seem to enjoy Card Captor Sakura and Outlaw Star the most.

Chocofreak13

@pentium: your mom sounds cool. :3

not related to this topic at all, but i should get a wireless hub. that way all my PCs could get net'. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Of course; anybody who was willing to spend $2,000 on an NEC PC that's built like a tank is a cool person (That PC being the Yeti; it outliving the PC we bought to replace it in 2003).

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

@Kari: I agree that Windows machines can last as long as any other computer, but all the issues I've had with them have been hardware-based. (So I blame it on the crappy quality-control of Gateway and Compaq).

And I've looked it up before - swans are symbolic of love and partnership, and according to this questionable old dream-interpretation book I have, are a favourable omen denoting happiness, fulfillment or good transformations. Black swans (which I have also seen in dreams) are supposed to be symbolic of impure love or lust; but could also symbolize that which is impossible but true, that which shouldn't have happened but did, and events that cannot be predicted. (It's also worth noting that they are one of my totem animals... -w-)

Chocofreak13

@bells:.........you shouldn't base opinions on crappy experiences. compaq SUCKS, and as for gateway, i only had contact with one gateway in my life, and that was almost 15 years ago. (however i always found the cow design rather cute :3)

maybe you should try again with better hardware? (i'd be willing to let you play with Tanky or Speedy over the summer, provided you don't make any changes to them. :3)

and i guess you've got it all figured out. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Compaq only makes good laptops; their desktops are so-so. NEC is the best, but they only sell monitors over here now

Chocofreak13

i beg to differ on that one, but as always it comes down to personal opinion.

come to think of it, biggy is a compaq desktop. not an upright, though; she's a sideways desktop that weighs about 30 pounds. >>;
running 2000 sp4 :3

can't shake the feeling i had a dream this morning, but i can't remember it. too bad, since it was a sickness dream, with the added bonus of nyquil. -w-;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, the fact that Laptop the creatively-named laptop is a roughly 13-year-old Compaq Presario laptop that is held together with duct tape, has a row of dead pixels on it's screen, and has a broken left mouse button (I have to have a portable trackball plugged in at all times now), yet has outlived my sister's Dell Inspiron laptop, which was a good 10 years newer than it and physically in better condition, says everything.

Chocofreak13

alright, that's impressive. -w-
click to make it bigger