Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Last night I had another one of those weird Investigating a paranormal earth-mystrery dreams. Yes, I think I've had enough of them to actually make that a genre of dreams I have.

I traveled to somewhere in - what I assume to the - American West/Great Plains, as the landscape was rolling and grassy, very rural and uninhabited, with a few stands of trees scattered about. I remember seeing a man riding a horse in the fields, he turned out to be one of the people hosting me while I conducted my investigation/research into the phenomena that had been affecting the area. I ended up at a cabin where this guy and his wife and family lived, and I think some of their friends were present as well. They began telling me stories about these creatures that had been spotted in the area and showing me images of them. They were floating, white glowing circle-shaped objects, with some kind of eye features and arms, if I remember correctly. I became very disturbed by the images and stories, and the area started to creep me out.

I'm not sure what happened in the middle portion of the dream. I remember doing day-to-day things in this area, the entire time being afraid of encountering these floating creatures. I recall some sort of fair or festival, and hula-hoops showed up at one point.  At some point I ended up taking a trip to a popular tourist destination, what appeared to be a partially-active volcano chamber set deep in the earth in a cavern. It was a huge, cavernous space, there were designated walkways through the place because much of the floorspace was occupied by hot lava. Everything in the interior glowed a strong orange color, and it was really hot too.

Anyway, toward the end of the dream I ended up back at the cabin, telling the people there about my research and experiences. A woman told me how the orbs had been spotted at the volcanic chamber I visited, and some other stories - then there was some sort of commotion, as somebody rushed in the house telling us that one of the creatures had been spotted right outside the house. There was a sort of half-panicked half-excited rush for the door, and we all piled out onto the deck of the home. I was dreadful as I turned the corner and the orb came into sight; it was the outline of a circle, glowing white, perched on a tree branch by two armlike appendages. My panic began to dissipate as I realized that these were no cryptids, nor aliens, but a spiritual force - these were the spirits of the trees, the grasses, and maybe the very earth itself. I tried to relate this information to the people surrounding me, but I woke up soon afterward.

Nichi

For some reason, that sounds like it could be the plot to an episode of the X-Files

Chocofreak13

did you watch princess mononoke before sleeping? :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

No, but it does sort of fit in with my belief/suspicion that the earth is spiritually alive. Not that it's something I dwell on often, being a generally nonspiritual person in my day-to-day life... .___.;;

Chocofreak13

i ask because those aliens sound suspiciously similar to the spirits in the movie. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

They weren't aliens, and I know they sound similar to those. I've seen that movie. ^^;

I had a weird dream about it being the first day of "school" (though the school really looked more like a summer-camp of some kind), this bitchy blonde in skimpy clothing with enormous earrings and a naval piercing took my bag when I wasn't looking and ran off. Cue me complaining to the administrator (that this all happened in front of!) that I'd been able to travel throughout Boston, NYC, Detroit, Washington DC and Atlanta without being mugged but within minutes of showing up here I had someone make off with everything I had on me. Then calling home to say I wasn't going to be staying at this place. One of the managers/teachers/something from this place offered to travel with me back home, we ended up on this weird trainlike machine... all I remember about the ride was gorgeous mountain vistas and the fact that it had a lot of spiders on it.

Chocofreak13

panty stole your stuff? :0
click to make it bigger

Bella

Pretty sure Panty is a high-society woman compared to the little snot who took my things. :Z

Chocofreak13

you've SEEN the series, right....? >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know I had a dream last night, but I just don't remember it >_<

I was actually on a roll there for a while; 2 nights in a row I remembered dreams

Chocofreak13

i think the same thing happened to me. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had one last night, although it was a bit...WTF

In it, I was first riding around on my bike (Which had training wheels, for some reason; even though I haven't needed them in years), when I was called aside by dad to help in testing this old coin-operated machine, circa '50s. I didn't quite understand what this device did, but it checked my pulse with a wand and gave out a reading of "You're a zombie and/or pregnant". I woke up shortly after

Bella

I'm Pregnant and a Zombie sounds like it could be the next smash hit reality series on TLC.

Chocofreak13

so the status of pregnancy could also be read as being a zombie.

does this mean we need to prepare for the pregnant apocalypse? EVERYONE, GET THE PICKLES AND PEANUT BUTTER
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Pregnant apocalypse? Really?

APOCALYPSE IS A WOMAN?

>__>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS