Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Date: 09/25/11
Filed under: People acting in dreams as they would in real life

My dad was helping my sister-in-law at her workplace (BAHAHAHAHA, I WAS DREAMING!) and he was naturally pissed about it. Like that kind of pissed where he goes all quiet and refuses to talk and just sort of stares into the mid-distance with a deadly look in his eyes. I digress. At some point I decided to visit him, my brother and nephew were there too. Dad was working in the "office" at this business, sending emails and answering the phone and stuff (HAHAHA, I WAS SOOO DREAMING) when I stopped by. We had an exchange like:
Me: "Hi dad."
Dad: "Daughter. Please go back to our house and guard it so >insert name of perceived enemy here< doesn't break in."
Me: "..." Pauses to consider the depths of dad's paranoia

All the while my sis-and-law was working behind the cash register, brother was sitting in the sitting area being all aloof and disinterested, and nephew was being a little spaz WHICH IS CRAZY CAUSE IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!!!!

And at some point the topic of music came up... namely, me berating my family for their plebeian tastes when it comes to experimental/avant-garde music, jazz and classical when I, apparently, played some. I went on a condescending rant, in which I insulted the musical tastes of all but sis-in-law (which is odd since she probably has the worst tastes of the lot), that they met with tittering and exasperated amusement. This is ALL INSANE BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS ACTING AS THEY WOULD IN REAL LIFE!

Chocofreak13

maybe it's a premonition. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Your father just calls you 'Daughter'?

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 25, 2011, 09:36:01 PM
maybe it's a premonition. :\

I sure hope not, since dad and sis-in-law working together would probably cause some sort of world-ending spacetime-tear caused by butthurt.

Quote from: stewartsage on September 26, 2011, 11:57:35 AM
Your father just calls you 'Daughter'?

Not usually, but I didn't wanna post my name. Dx

Nichi

I often have dreams where everybody acts as they would in real life (For example, the handful of dreams I've had involving OSCers fall under this category; everyone from Pitkin down to the spambots act as they would IRL)

Chocofreak13

none of my dreams have dialogue, so idk if people act like they do irl. :\
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Two nights ago I dreamt that I had to visit Iran for no one knows what reason. In the dream I was all the time worried I'd be arrested as I wasn't "appropriately dressed", wearing a yellow and blue tight IKEA t-shirt and jeans. The dream was very short and ended in me and my "companion" crossing a street around sundown, so I don't know what happened after. xP

Nichi

Recently, I started thinking about one dream I had back in '05, when getting onto the subject of gender-flipped dreams during a discussion with Choco on Skype a while back (As well as with Pit and Bella, all at seperite times).

In it, I was a girl about the same age I was at the time (A month shy of 14); entering the local talent show and beauty pageant in place of my sister, who had entered in real life. The dream moved at a quick pace; from entering the contest and taking pictures for the newspaper on up to me standing on the stage the night of the show, wearing a fancy dress, as they where about to announce the winner...although, I woke up before I saw if I won.

I've had a few other gender-flipped dreams, although they are quite rare (Not as rare as a sex dream, though)

stewartsage

All I remember is being a police detective and having some strange woman that reminded me of Yuki Nagato attempting to molest me.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on September 27, 2011, 09:08:08 PM
All I remember is being a police detective and having some strange woman that reminded me of Yuki Nagato attempting to molest me.

That sounds awesome. ;w;

I've never had any genderflipped dreams... :/

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had one last night I think you'll find interesting:

In it, I was with my parents going somewhere; the 3 of us discussing it (Although, I forgot the details)...when suddenly I heard a beautiful female voice I didn't reconize to my right, which confused me at first, as there was nobody in that seat just a moment before. I looked over to verify wither I'm going crazy or not, and saw none other than Kari sitting next to me in the car, although I woke up before we could talk.

stewartsage

I've had a couple of nights of actual dreams, but I can't really remember them now.  There were a lot of Brits last night (Too much Life on Mars) and then people from high school the night before.

Bella

I haven't been having any dreams lately. : (