Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I have no idea why this dream ended up this way, but it did.
completely wtf and obviously influenced by her being in the dream, I don't do fantasy. Sci fi, if a genre.

I'm not exactly sure what mythological creature she was, as, again, I'm not very keen on these, but she looked like her normal self except she could apparently change shape and fly for short distances. As for me, I wasn't anything, I was my normal self. I'm always my normal self during dreams.

Apparently gaining access to her living place through connections with her, I was allowed to visit whatever plane of existence/etc, her creature normally lives in. So I did and she was showing me around. Lots of people were following us with curious interest at myself. We came to one of their holy places and she made a short prayer, I, on the other hand, remember making a very, very long one, about her.  While everything was going good and dandy, little did we know that whatever this place was was under attack by its enemies, another mythological creature I could no doubt not know. Eventually they managed to damage part of the area while we were walking around enjoying ourselves and since this place is far different than the real world, it had quite the effect. It was almost like radiation except it happened really fast. They get weak, pass out, have burns on them, etc. The city was being evacuated, so we ran to the exit (yes, its a city with an exit, it's fantasy, I will not try to explain). But when we got there, she had apparently not made it and had fallen somewhere and was now suffering. The gate was closed through (because a glass gate is totally going to protect them from radiation), so I broke it and went back in, looking for her.
I found her not far from where we had started running, with char marks on her face and unconscious, her leg felt broken. Maybe there had been an explosion of some sort? Anyway, I carry her out with her over my shoulders and get back to the gate, setting her down, she's about conscious again but obviously in a lot of pain. I pull out some medicine from my pocket (neosporin I believe) and begin applying it to the areas that look most hurt and she wakes back up, her eyes glittering faintly. I tell her it's going to be ok and someone else talks to me and says, 'that's all you have to say, boy? that it'll be ok? If she's your best friend, wife, girlfriend, whatever this time, you probably need something better than that in this dream.'

Then I woke up :P

Bella

Weird, but interesting. ^^

I'm always myself in my dreams too, though I think once I dreamt I had wings. It was really neat.

I had a really nice dream this morning....

Chocofreak13

usually i don't see myself in dreams. most of them are from first-person perspective. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Most of the time I'm myself in my dreams. There are times where I may have some unusual power (The ability to fly, for example), I'm a character from one of my stories or from MapleStory, or in a few cases, I'm gender flipped.

However, it's always from a first-person perspective

Krizonar

Mine are always in third person.

Bella

I had a dream this morning that I was (or I should say, am) legitimately pissed off to have woken up from. I present it here, as close to the original as my memory allows me, but formatted in a more story-like way.

I was at this crazy old library, the place was a bit of a mess, and they were having some sort of second-hand items/book sale (or actually, giveaway), so there were boxes of stuff and clothing and books everywhere. (Basically, it's what Paradiso would have looked like if I'd written the Divine Comedy, not Dante). Not too many other people were here - I remember seeing a rather young kid, and there was also my dad and a friend.

So I was poking around when I discovered - gasp - the monitor of an Apple /// computer (the Monitor ///) hidden away in one of these boxes! Along with a few other (broken and intact) Apple monitors. I made a mental note not to forget it. Browsing around some more, I found a stack of books relevant to my interests - some art books featuring nice posters and stuff, a few interesting astronomy and science texts, a book of optical illusions I found interesting, etc - I took the small stack, and the monitor, and handed it to my dad, who grumbled something about me bringing too much old junk home and wandered off to the car with them. It was then that I found a few books and manuals on the Apple ][ and Apple /// computers spread across the floor - I immediately glommed onto them, and began to wonder: Combined with the monitors I found, did this mean there was an Apple /// somewhere in the building?

I noticed a wing of the library that housed the computers - there were several people, and to my surprise, one was a young boy playing on an old Mac SE (except it was black. And really looked nothing like an SE. Don't question my dream-logic.) There was an older woman, blonde, a little taller than myself, I got the impression she was the head librarian/person responsible for everything going on. I expressed interest in the computer, and mentioned something along the lines of, "But if this kid's gonna take good care of it I don't care who gets it - I just don't want these things getting thrown out." She gave me a doubtful glance.

At some point Stewart-san showed up (though it really didn't seem surprising - I wonder if he wasn't there all along), and naturally, after I realized he was there a METRIC FUCK-TON OF VINTAGE COMPUTERS APPEARED. Next to the library's PCs there was a line of old computers - including some special-editions Macs that appeared to have been created by a toy company - and beneath the line of desks, I spotted a couple of luggable computers. I elbowed Stewart-san and pointed them out - whispering something like "JESUS-CHRIST-IS-THAT-AN-OSBORNE-OR-A- KAYPRO-WE-HAVE-TO-GET-THEM!!!!" suspiciously - albeit pleasantly - close to his ear, which drew several annoyed glances from the staff. I ended up pulling him over to an unpopulated stairwell to do some plottage, which basically consisted of asking the question How much money do we have and how much can we spend cause OH MY GOD LOOK AT ALL THE OLD COMPUTERS OUT THERE!! I suddenly came to the realization that he would be going away soon, and this made me rather sad - about now I considered some entirely computer-unrelated plottage of my own, but figured this wasn't the time or place. (Ufufufu~)

Remembering my mission first and foremost was to find an Apple ///, I approached the Boss Woman and asked her if she'd seen one around. She said she had, and led me out into the main sale-area - it had gotten quite a bit more cluttered and was rather busy now. She brought me to a table beneath which there were stacked many computer systems - I started digging around, but couldn't find it...

Until...

OH MY GOD!

With surprising ease I pulled the /// out - I marveled at the beauty of it, and the fact that I had finally done it! After all these years, I finally had it, the one, the single microcomputer I love more than any other, the crown jewel of my collection, that no matter what she asked for it I would bring it home since I couldn't leave without it, I wouldn't, not after what I'd gone through to find it -

Of course, it was around this time I began to worry that she would ask an exorbitant price for it - I pointed out that it was missing the software, and that it might not even work. She said we'd be able to work it out. I felt at-ease; browsing around the stack of electronics, I found a curious old Epson scanner, which I strangely mispronounced as a scainer (I realized, in-dream, that I'd made a reference to the TWAIN scanner protocol.... and admired my subconscious for its nerdiness.) Laying it beside my ///, I felt that amazing sense of exhilaration one has when they finally achieve a goal they had resigned themselves to believing was impossible...

Right about then I realized I was dreaming... NO GOD DAMN IT, DON'T WAKE U-

Woke up.

Nichi

That sounds like a dream I had almost 10 years ago; one that was so vivid, I still remember it pretty well to this day.

The dream took place on Christmas Day 2001; as I awoke with a feeling of "Why bother?", because I already knew my mom was never going to get me the one thing I wanted more than anything else at the time. However, under the tree was a rather large box that was labeled for me, which perked my interest; after all, it's unusual for a box this size to be under the tree. Once the time came, I began to open up my presents; finding socks and underwear, as I saved the albatross for last...and when I finally got to it and pulled back the thin decorative paper covering it, I nearly shat bricks at the sight of what was contained within; I simply could not believe my mom actually bought this, because she complained about how it's $200 price tag was way too expensive, but it was true: I just got a Nintendo Gamecube!

What made things even better was that, after opening the Gamecube, my mom brought out an extra controller, memory card, and a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee to go with it; as I proudly declared it to be the best damn Christmas ever. I proudly setup the system, inserted the game, and challenged my sister to a battle; who was eager to play the newest installment in the series just as much as I was. After selecting our characters (She was Zelda, I was the Ice Climbers), we went to the Hyrule Temple for an epic 1-life showdown. We where evenly-matched; sweat running down my forehead as I tried to find a way to outsmart her and claim victory...when suddenly I heard an obnoxious beeping that sounded strangely like the alarm clock I had at the time. I can't wake up now; I must finish this battle! No~~!

I woke up thereafter; depressed over the realization that it was just a dream.

Paul

I recently had some dreams about music. I can't recall the exact scenery, just that there always was a really awesome melody playing.
And whenever I'd wake up in the morning that melody was in my head... but by the time I'd be ready to write it down it would have vanished :/

Bella

Now that I think back: in that dream I posted, I also tried to talk the lady into selling me the /// for less money by mentioning their issues with, uh, self-immolation.

I love dreams in which people act EXACTLY as they would in real life, under the same circumstances. -w-;;

stewartsage

It's a magical wonderland of computers.  And me.  That's okay too I guess.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on June 25, 2011, 10:05:13 PM
It's a magical wonderland of computers.  And me.  That's okay too I guess.

Better than okay. :3

You + Apple /// + Electronics-and-books-and-other-junk-sale-of-the-century = GREAT DREAM or THE GREATEST DREAM?! ◔‿◔

stewartsage

No idea.  I was living the dream today..... but it needed Borya in a 1860s dress.  Mmmmmmm.......

/TMI

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on June 25, 2011, 10:22:48 PM
No idea.  I was living the dream today..... but it needed Borya in a 1860s dress.  Mmmmmmm.......

/TMI

A hoopskirt... bustle... corset... fabulous hat.... you....  I would totally like that... *W*

/moar TMI

Krizonar

So many bad dreams, so many bad dreams :(