If You could design a OS...

Started by Dr. Mario, June 23, 2007, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mario

Glad I ported 64-bit Linux to GreenOmega 64 OS, so I would run Linux programs on my OS (WINE is also ported, but Win64 part still have a long way to go, however, 32-bit ones work fine.)
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Smokey

Well, windows in general has a long way to go, they need to be more open to the rest there at M$...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Dr. Mario

;014 Won't be until 2010 or later.

BTW, I would be happier if Windows go open-source, it will make porting 64-bit Windows NT into the plug-in executible easier [so that way the GreenOmega 64 kernel will generate 64-bit Windows NT environments when needed.] - 32-bit port already is in use [using WINE source codes]... =s Want 64-bit one...

coldReactive

I wanted to design an OS, and even gave it a name and a logo, but I can't code worth shit.

Here's the logo in wallpaper format on one of my old DA accounts that I no longer use: http://velvetsea42.deviantart.com/art/RyukiOS-Wallpaper-97083761

It was to have the following specifications:

-- Very Light GUI (Using a Win32 alternative/wrapper so that win32 apps can run)
-- Lord Daemon GVUI named Ryuki (An anime girl with long purple hair, purple eyes, etc.)
-- Required at least 50 MB of RAM to Run
-- Windows compatibility with GNOME, KDE, XFCE and LXDE compatibility.
-- CLI with the GVUI Lord Daemon present
-- Logging into the OS would have Ryuki pop-up and welcome you.
-- Logging out of the OS would have her hair cover up the screen and have her giggle as the login screen appeared over her hair.
-- No limit on RAM
-- hybrid x86/64 OS. (Along with a mobile version with a chibi Ryuki GVUI.)

Quote from: "Dr. Mario"BTW, I would be happier if Windows go open-source, it will make porting 64-bit Windows NT into the plug-in executible easier [so that way the GreenOmega 64 kernel will generate 64-bit Windows NT environments when needed.] - 32-bit port already is in use [using WINE source codes]... =s Want 64-bit one...

Google ReactOS.

Dr. Mario

ReactOS is kind of worthless, because it can't directly execute WIN64 software without having to use a real weird emulation scheme (which would chomp down onto handful RAM memory, so for 'em it ain't worth it. It still can be done, but it's difficult if you don't really know how Windows 64 kernels, from XP to 7, work.) But in the future, maybe we would see React64.

Dr. Mario

Eh, this thread is dead...

Will have to remove it soon.. Unless anybody still want to post anything here... If so, I will leave it alive.

coldReactive

Quote from: "Dr. Mario"Eh, this thread is dead...

Will have to remove it soon.. Unless anybody still want to post anything here... If so, I will leave it alive.

Remove the whole forum while you're at it, since it's pretty dead.

Bella

If I could design an OS...

-It'd have the stability of Multics
-The flexible CLI of Multics
-The security of OpenVMS... er... actually, scratch that, Multics
-A snazzy GUI like OSX!

>XD

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

PizzaDrill

Quote from: "Bella"If I could design an OS...

-It'd have the stability of Multics
-The flexible CLI of Multics
-The security of OpenVMS... er... actually, scratch that, Multics
-A snazzy GUI like OSX!

>XD
So basically you want Multics with X and Compiz-fusion?

tan-1

i would like to make in OS to but i dont know where to start or what to do but it sounds like fun

Dr. Kraus

I just like to contribute to Fedora and Ubuntu for now (Fixing little bugs and doing a little custom work). I do hope to help make a OS someday, after I finish my studies in code.

PizzaDrill

If I made an OS, if you added "ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG" to the kernel parameters it would wipe the HDD.

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

11076ddz

hey isnt this how linux started? Minux edited by linus torval?
before we know it

PIZZA DRILL OS!
the new edition to the Linux community!