Blizzards new announcement was.... StarCraft 2!

Started by Silentbob, May 19, 2007, 03:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentbob

http://www.starcraft2.com/

I was so relieved.   They finally got their heads screwed on straight again.   ;010

Been waiting for years, and there's probably gonna be a wait period after this, but at least I know they're serious about it.     ;019

Some pictures from SC2.

Darknight_88

ZOMG ITS REAL! ITS REAL!

This...this is...beautiful. I was starting to think this day wouldn't come ;_;

Laevatein

I called this a month ago ever since the rumors came out... but FINALLY, it is a great day in the history of gaming :D

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

I hope to GOD that they fixed the old issues of spending ungodly amounts of time collecting resorces, and the whole producing one bloody marine at a time and having each marine function by itself, and just trying to send a squad worth of them anywhere becomes unweildy and so unuseful most people stop using them.

T_T

Hopefully they dont just make a pretty version of their old game and learn the lessons that the current RTS have tought us
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

There goes another game to pirate once it comes shuvvin' down the bucket.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

*shakes head* the open piracy around here is shamefull sometimes.  People take so much pride in it even.

NejinOniwa

Well, it's better to pirate it and like it than to just hate it from the start without judgment, ne?

CaptBrenden

Eh Im hating it from the start with an open ended judgment that i could change if it turns out to be good.

plus,  the hating it from the begining isnt Illeagal.

NejinOniwa

Yeah, but the rabid fanhordes are more likely to slaughter you for that than for piracy, ssu. -w-

CaptBrenden

Well frankly then, just keep your mouth shut if your worried about fan horders.

You know, I think Im gonna put up a "No Public Piracy" policy.  The condoning and publicity of how proud people are here to break the law and rip off game developers, anime producers, and the like is starting to upset me.

zjhentohlauedy

well i'm not proud of ripping off people but Its like breathing i need it. :( but i do buy their merchandise from time to time, figs, dvds, mangas, etc.
My my, aren't you lovely~

CaptBrenden

you just made piracy sound like doing drugs... which dosent impove its image any.

NejinOniwa

Exactly. Frankly enough, while most pirates stand against the system of proprietarism and copyright itself, some don't realize they're dependent on that very system in their activity. I mean, if everyone was a pirate...well, you've probably heard someone say it before...so piracy is a necessary minority, i think.

CaptBrenden

Point is, we worry about the legality of images we upload and rights to them and such, and then blatently talk about piracy in topics giving people links to places where then can still download licenced anime, or where they can pirate the latest games

Its gonna stop.  Anyone dosent like that,  feel free to apply for mod position and take over for me.