Do you play any instruments.

Started by Gummster, May 07, 2007, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummster

As I am immensely bored and have nothing what so ever to do I decided to make a little thread, one that I don't really think that will become very popular. :(

But anyways. I just wanted to ask if there was anyone here that played any musical instruments, if so please tell us all about it. We all care.

I'll go first: As many of you might already know I play the violin, that's my profession, I can also play the viola, I wouldn't say equally as well as the violin but close. I as well can play OK on the piano although it's actually just above that of an amateur. And then I know the basics of cello playing, I am still struggling to become better on it.

Next is YOU!

Tsubashi

Hmmm, interesting thread idea!

I am a percussionist, specializing in rudimental snare and mallets (Though by specializing, I mean that those are my stronger areas, not that I'm any good at it ^^')

I've also played the piano intermittently for about ten years now.

I've also recently started playing the violin, though I'm really no good at it ^^'

So that's me, How about you?
-Tsu

CaptBrenden

I used to play the string bass  and Ive dabbled in violin.   I dont play anymore tho.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Yargh! Instrumental booth, eh? Omoshiroi! Then, lessee...

Aside from knowing the basics of guitar and percussion (since I've specialized in music since i was 10, I've had had to learn those), I can play the bass in a fashion, and pick out stuff on the piano. But my main instrument (and the only instrument i own) is the fangly saxophone, which i've been playing for something like 8 years now.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Ahh, a pianist, bassist and a phonist, as a good friend of mine said.

Quote from: "Tsubashi"I've also played the piano intermittently for about ten years now.
For ten years eh... so you must be pretty good by now.
You can tell if your able to play flight of the bumble bee twice as fast as the original tempo.

QuoteI used to play the string bass and Ive dabbled in violin. I dont play anymore tho.
I have to admit that it always makes me a bit sad when I hear of people who quit playing instruments.
But well that can't helped.

QuoteI can play the bass in a fashion, and pick out stuff on the piano. But my main instrument (and the only instrument i own) is the fangly saxophone, which i've been playing for something like 8 years now.
Well that sounds like jazz player.
And eight years on the saxaphone, I can barely make sound out of it.

NejinOniwa

Hehe, well I am mostly specialized in Jazz, but thanks to having a blastingly good (not exactly abolute, but quite close to) pitch, I can play almost anything after listening through it a few times, depending on how hard the piece is. And I should probably add I'm even better at singing as well...*brag*
Downside is I've got a concert with my class and senpais in two weeks, and I've got a hell of a lot of repetition to do. Luckily my abilities aid me quite well since I usually learn most stuff in half the time the others do...which is damn good for me since i absolutely SUCK at studying. -w-
I guess I'm a little too much like Haruhi and Konata for my own good ^^

Gummster

Well it is actually a part of being a musician to be able to know how to play pieces after just listening to it. I for example (If you let me brag as well) can catch up on tempo immediately, and how to play (the shorter pieces that is), the more longer ones I.E. concertos often takes about 5 times if I don't have the notes.

You also need to have a good memory mind you.

XWilson2007

Well...I play the guitar, and I'm picking up on the drums. ^^; I LOVE my black Explorer (that's my electric guitar, for those of you who don't know). It's my overall favorite guitar. I have to admit, though, getting instruments and equipment sure takes a lot of patience, effort, and cash. >.< But I feel it's all worth it in the end. ^_^

WvsMC

I play drums, keyboard, and keytar. I have recently started taking guitar lessons though...

NekOSaka

Taking up a tool of music would be fun but I don't have the spare time or money to do so.

Bella

I know the basics of the keyboard....I'd like to learn more, though :)

Gummster

To learn the keyboard is very easy if you know the basics and have a good sense of rhythm.

Acher13

i got low sense of rythem... so i often make mistake during playing the piano... since i moved to my new home, i didnt play it anymore

NejinOniwa

Hey, even I'm good at keyboard! I mean, I'm typing on it right now!

(kekekekekekeke :D)

Kami-Tux

I played the piano for 10 years. then quit because it stopped to interest me. I play the guitar on a rather basic level and wrote my own songs on it, but then the band dissolved and I also lsot interst in it (yes, I was young at that time).

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!