What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 03:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Running CrunchBang (#!) on my laptop now, probably the first Linux distro that I can actually enjoy using because of the GUI is the most simplistic out of the box I've ever seen a distro.

So far the no problems have been encountered other than that to run steam I have to use wine, which isn't much of a problem because I have to run all vn's through either wine or another application. If anyone is looking for a really simplistic and lightweight Linux distro, this is probably the best one for mobile desktops. Use fedora or debian for desktops/servers if using Linux in my opinion.

Penti-chan

@Kari: I hope maybe you'll figure something out :[

@Kraus: Sounds nice :3

So, I did finally get Lubuntu to boot on Sara...but the graphics were so garbled that it was unusable. Thus, once I actually have spare spending money and am in the mood for a project, I'll consider getting myself a netbook to fix up and throw Linux Mint onto; to have something small and practical  to take with me to the library and such, while using Asagi for when I know I'll need more muscle.

Chocofreak13

that sounds so nice. maybe i ought to look into a cheap netbook. -w-

Bella

I'm molesting Surface tablets at Staples. :>

Chocofreak13

August 02, 2013, 04:01:05 pm #2929 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:02:50 pm by Chocofreak13
WE'VE LOST HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *weeps at the loss*

Problems With Loly as of Late
-Power Button is Falling Off
-Slow Boot, even with Faster Boot Option Enabled
-Slow/Lack of Reponsiveness
-Check Disk Detected some Errors, Including some Unreadable Pieces
-Loly Has Given Pop-Up Messages with the Message "Failed to Load Windows Service" or Something like That

Suggestions From OSC
-

Bella

TBH, I really like Windows 8 as a tablet OS. The stupid tile start-center thing is 'tarded for a laptop or desktop but it's damn snazzy on a mobile touchscreen device; overall it seems more polished and simple than the interface on iOS or the different flavors of Android. IMO Microsoft should've just marketed Windows 8 as a tablet OS and continued to sell it alongside Windows 7 for laptops and desktops and such.

I'm pretty much a dunce when it comes to fixing Windows computers at this point, so I'll let somebody more competent in that area answer your questions. :(

Penti-chan

@Bella: Agreed. The interface is fine on a tablet or Xbox 360, but it's dog shit on desktops and laptops

@Kari: I'd say get a new hard drive, as it might be failing...but that wouldn't fix the power button :\

stewartsage

Use the eraser end of a pencil to actuate the starter behind the button?  Katharine's power button is broken too.  I've got to hit it in just the right place or else she won't start.

Chocofreak13

see, pressing the button doesn't always work now, it's as if the contact points have to be kind of "rubbed" together. :\

stewartsage

Yep, that's how mine is too.  And the TV as well.  That's what I used the pencil for yesterday.

Bella

YOU GUYS AND YOUR COMPUTER PROBLEMS. THEY FRIGHTEN ME.

*clings to Eve protectively*

Penti-chan

No issues with Asagi, thankfully :3

Chocofreak13

AND REMEMBER KIDS, WINNERS DON'T BATTER THEIR COMPUTERS LIKE A JEHOVA'S WITNESS CHILD

Bella

Pretty much the only time I lay my hands on my computers is to lovingly caress them. I'm like the opposite of a computer-batterer. (。・3・。)

Chocofreak13

russell says i have rage issues. i agree. :\