What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

don't knock the atari. those are hard to come by. :\

also, nailbunny was my sister's laptop, but when she got her new one (Chise), nailbunny became my mum's laptop. it's a little old, a little slow, and it has trouble holding up its head, but other than that it's a solid computer. :3 (however, it has a "genuine notifications" popup on startup, considering the copy of xp pro i installed on it was cracked..... >>; )
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Dude!  How much did he want for it!?  The 2600 is a classic of the gaming world!

Nichi

The 2600 was classic. I have two of them lying around, although only one is in full working order

Also, I've actually used all 5 main members of the fleet at the same time (This being a few weeks before Sonata joined). It was a wild network party, that's for sure

Chocofreak13

if you don't want it, you can call it my christmas present, lol. or more like stew's christmas present. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

No idea how much he wanted for it. Didn't get any contact info either. :/

Chocofreak13

damn. too bad, it's gonna be a long time before you get an opportunity like that again. :\
click to make it bigger

svx

I need to post pictures of my brother's retro computing collection

I think Choco would drool :p

Chocofreak13

i might. :3 but i'm not too much a retro computer buff, at least not like bella, stew, and a bit of red. :3

currently dual-wielding laptops, as well as a very upset and beeping desktop that's being used as a power slave. so in terms of OSes, that would be windows 7 and windows XP (as well as GothpodII and Timmy, who's destiny is windows 95).

(HOMIGAWD TIMMY WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP).
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I had the chance to by a 2600, Colecovision, Genesis, some other SEGA, an N64, another Gamecube, a handful of Game Boys (advanced, color, original) at a flea market right before I left the Ferry.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I'm doing some tinkering with VirtualBox on Fuuka, now having two boxes setup on it:

- Windows 2000 SP4 (Used for Paint Shop Pro 4, Word XP, and because Windows 2000 in a proper widescreen is beautiful IMO)
- Ubuntu 8.04 (It's there just because I felt like it, although I plan on upgrading it to the latest version of Ubuntu later on)

There used to be two others (XP Professional [Unregistered] and NT 3.51), although I deleted them after an experiment to make XP look exactly like 3.51 ended up killing both.

@Stew: If you want a Sega Genesis, I can easily hook you up; they are quite easy to find in my area

Chocofreak13

i should try emulating once this new semester thing blows over. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Emulation is fun!  Though I mainly use my Gameboy and Apple ][.

I couldn't, the Colecovision alone would have set back me back a week's pay.

Chocofreak13

if i were you, i would have at least gotten the guy's email, so i could save up for some of the items. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I doubt its going anywhere.  They had a couple hundred games for each too.