FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kami-Tux

Yeah, inkscape is horrible in that respect. "Ohoh, here she comes! Watch out she will swap you out! Ohoh, here she comes! She's a memeater!" one trout for the one who gets this reference :)

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Alfamille

Hey Darknight! That was nice! Kinda like her pose over there! And you really did a great job on the kimono dress-very lively!

And take a look at those beautiful and sincere but strong willed eyes! :)

C-Chan

QuoteWell...2:00 am and I was sleep deprived, so only one pic uploaded. And wasn't exactly sure about uploading twice. Anyway, OS/2 added to my personal gallery. Battle suit...don't really like it by now >_<. Same happened when I was doing my Deviant Art gallery =/

Awww, but I kinda fancied your battle suit picture.  It was the first pic I saw in this forum when I first came here (no member = no ability to see regular attachment pictures), in a way if it weren't for that picture, I probably would've gone to Net Characters instead (thank GAWD, that didn't happen).  ^^;

So if you don't mind, the pig feels like lobbying for its rerelease.  ^.^

Well, I didn't mentioned it anyway :P
Photoshop 7.0
Can't get used to Inkscape or Flash MX. Also, Inkscape uses HUGE quantities of RAM >_<

Oh now, it's not that bad.  It's gotten better with 0.45, although the introductino of blurring does tax the system in new ways.  -v-;

QuoteYeah, inkscape is horrible in that respect. "Ohoh, here she comes! Watch out she will swap you out! Ohoh, here she comes! She's a memeater!" one trout for the one who gets this reference

Oh great Penguin God,... please stick with godly stuff and not advertisement, cause you'd starve.  ^^;

And speaking of starve, I'm obviously not getting a trout cause I have no clue.  -v-;

QuoteHey Darknight! That was nice! Kinda like her pose over there! And you really did a great job on the kimono dress-very lively!

And take a look at those beautiful and sincere but strong willed eyes!

Don't let the strong-willed eyes fool you!  
BEHOLD!!!  Their true identities!!!  @o@

Actually, I think XP-san looks more beautiful than usual in that shot.  ^__^

*blushes*

Aurora Borealis

Hehehehe... Doctor Norton reminds me of Indiana Jones in that picture! :D And ME-tan the mouse looks kinda like Mickey Mouse! (especially in the first cartoons of him)

NejinOniwa

Bwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...........*slowly draws wooden sword*

bwuuuuuuuuuuh.....you've never seen what gintoki-sensei can do with a bokutou, have you? bwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh..............
*zombie*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Darknight_88

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Awww, but I kinda fancied your battle suit picture.  It was the first pic I saw in this forum when I first came here (no member = no ability to see regular attachment pictures), in a way if it weren't for that picture, I probably would've gone to Net Characters instead (thank GAWD, that didn't happen).  ^^;

So if you don't mind, the pig feels like lobbying for its rerelease.  ^.^

God bless imageshack (or was it photobucket?) :D

'k, but it'll go into another folder >_>

Quote from: "Alfamille"Hey Darknight! That was nice! Kinda like her pose over there! And you really did a great job on the kimono dress-very lively!

And take a look at those beautiful and sincere but strong willed eyes! :)
yo alfamille
thanks
lon--short time no see. Good to know you still come here from time to time :)

SleepyD

heh, I liked your battlesuit pic. ^^

I even played around with photoshop to give you a fancy background. :3

wasn't sure where to put this, but since I'm not asking for an extension or anything I'm not posting in the contest thread, and I don't want this to be buried in the Topicless Thread, so I'll post it here:

I won't be making the contest deadline due to family stuffs... and as a result I did not have the drive to complete my wallpaper.  My grandmother in the Philippines died... I have a journal post on dA about it if you'd care to read it:

http://sleepydoodler.deviantart.com/journal/13158834/

So, I've unexpectedly and suddenly taken up a few more responsibilities around the house as a result.  

Rest assured, I will finish the wallpaper, just not in time for the contest.  Good luck to the rest of ya. ^^

I did resume working on it yesterday, and I'm playing around with different shading methods...

C-Chan

I'm sorry to hear that, SleepyD.  ;__;

Don't worry about the contest, as it really is supposed to be a fun thing, and can't preside over important RL matters (reason why I retracted my own independent entry).

Good luck man, and please contact us if you need anything.  ^__^

Oh, and thank you very much Darknight!  ^__~

Added after 2 minutes:

BTW, does anyone know if the artist known as "Ken-Shi kun" has tried to post his work on a thread yet?  

Can't have artists emo just cause they're too shy to post where people can comment on them properly.  -v-

Tsubashi

Cool picture, Ken-shi Kun! I don't think I've seen any of your posts!

*Does Research*

Hmm... That would explain why. He hasn't posted yet. ^^'
Still, for a "First Try" it's magnificent! Marvelous work. Had you not explicitly stated, I would have assumed you were a pro! ^__^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Deshou?  ^^

Now if only some other alternative-Vistan-drawing-people would follow suit....  -v-;

Not sure if the fellow will look for "cookies" to find his pic (I'm assuming "he" from -kun here....), so who volunteers to drop the guy a line?  ^^

Darknight_88

Once again, the time when I resurrect this thread has come.
;_;

ZOMG!!111
DARKNIGHT RELEASING 2 PICTURES IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS?!?!
(previous one: 95-tan)
Yeah, it's more likely than you think

And there she is, Gamma-tan. And she's not just the mascot of a random MP3 player. She's the mascot for the exact same model and color of my MP3 player:

great MP3 players, I dare to say.

ehem
Been on the works for 1 month (more than 3/4 of that month weren't actually occupied for working on this...I blame videogames and lazyness). Rushed it at the end because I REALLY wanted to finish it (or else, it'd go into the "hiatus" folder...no picture has ever made it out of that folder)

Gradients mostly, solid cell shade and some airbrush.
Her legs are made like that in purpose. I doubt she can stand on her own (just like the device she represents...>_> )

Open to critics, may actually modify the pic if necessary. Specially, I'd like to have opinions on the color. Dunno if the colors are too saturated.
also...

ZOMG MY 700th POST!!!

Windows XP rank :D

zjhentohlauedy

WOW! Darknight-san!

My eyes are stuck to the screen!!
My my, aren't you lovely~

C-Chan

Woohoo!!!  It's completed!!!!  ^V^

Even though you claim it's a rush job, it looks pretty damn fantastic.  ^___^

I'm sure the extra time could've been used to add mutli-color lines, soft shading and such, but can you honestly say it would've added much more to this masterpiece?  Maybe, but then the time savings can be used to draw another memorable character.  ^__^

Speaking of characters, MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!!!!!!  ^V^

*bear hugs Darknight*

Thank you for drawing a new and original character!!  ^0^

Though it may not be appreciated in OTHER places.... ¬¬
...at least you know that here we'll ALWAYS receive you with open arms!  ^___^

Alfamille

Quote from: "C-Chan"

BTW, does anyone know if the artist known as "Ken-Shi kun" has tried to post his work on a thread yet?  

Can't have artists emo just cause they're too shy to post where people can comment on them properly.  -v-

A nice one from Ken Shi Kun! It's actually good he chose to have the ++'s rendition than the traditional Vistan. Bless that guy!  ;001

Quote from: "Darknight_88"Once again, the time when I resurrect this thread has come.
;_;

ZOMG!!111
DARKNIGHT RELEASING 2 PICTURES IN LESS THAN 3 MONTHS?!?!
(previous one: 95-tan)
Yeah, it's more likely than you think

And there she is, Gamma-tan. And she's not just the mascot of a random MP3 player. She's the mascot for the exact same model and color of my MP3 player:

great MP3 players, I dare to say.

ehem
Been on the works for 1 month (more than 3/4 of that month weren't actually occupied for working on this...I blame videogames and lazyness). Rushed it at the end because I REALLY wanted to finish it (or else, it'd go into the "hiatus" folder...no picture has ever made it out of that folder)

Gradients mostly, solid cell shade and some airbrush.
Her legs are made like that in purpose. I doubt she can stand on her own (just like the device she represents...>_> )

Open to critics, may actually modify the pic if necessary. Specially, I'd like to have opinions on the color. Dunno if the colors are too saturated.

I think the color's fine! :D

This is rushed? I think this has been given a lot of work around 1 month! Maybe you were planning to add more shading or a decent background. But as far as her looks, she seems fine. The suit is surely simply smooth but cool thing is that how you made the "Sony" logo at that size so as her button at her waistline. :D

...also the boots had the same color as her hair. Good job on that one not to mention you made the boots smoothly done and unique! Love those boots! :P

...a nice touch to her face's expression by the way  ;019

C-Chan

You know... upon second looking,.... she kinda/sorta/maybe reminds me of a gray-haired, purple-clothed Nuku Nuku.....  *siiiiiiiigh*  Sweet sweet bittersweet memories of yore..............  ^______^

In any event, with this cutie done, it's time for the â,¬65,000 question.... What's next on Darknight's agenda?  ^__^