FREE COOKIES!

Started by CaptBrenden, April 11, 2007, 12:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

do eet. i'm willing to bet that no matter the program you're using you'll find someone here who knows how to use it like second nature. pent's got Paintshop Pro, bella has Photoshop, i have GIMP, and Aurora has Inkscape/Illustrator (not sure which, i think it's inkscape; i have inkscape too but i'm less masterful than her).

i've undertaken a challenge to make a guy on gaia laugh. this is my first attempt, drew it in about an hour and a half.

http://choco-la-te.deviantart.com/art/Cat-Mouse-for-Ignorant-dudetolaughat-on-Gaia-364759163
click to make it bigger

Bella

Aurora uses Inkscape, as did I for a number of years. But yeah Leaf, Choco is right, if you need any pointers on Photoshop or Inkscape I could probably help you out. For the record, I started out doing art on a very simple image editing program (I believe it was called Picture It?), moved up to Photoshop 5 (Or was it 7? I honestly forget at this point), then onto GIMP, Inkscape, and eventually Photoshop CS4, and I've also used SAI a bit as well. It's mostly a matter of finding a program that looks like it will fit your needs, and then messing around with it until you get a handle on all the different options and tools (and looking for tutorials when you're unsure / confused about something).

@Choco: That comic is very cute! I love the kitty's expressions in the first and last panel. >^^<

Finished PDP-8-tan, LINC-tan and baby PDP-12-tan picture.... check out the fullsized version too, since there are a lot of hand-drawn patterns in this.

Chocofreak13

sweeeet, we finally get a colour version! checking the fullsize now.

thanks for the props man. i was considering doing it in colour, but i got lazy, and then thought grayscale was outside my norm anyway so it was a good change of pace. -w-
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

I use SAI primarily for sketching and coloring and Photoshop primarily for effects.
And going by my recent endeavors, looks like I'll be using MangaStudio (JP: ComicStudio) for lineart.

Chocofreak13

aw man, did you buy it? i was thinking of torrenting it, so if i ever get my hands on a copy can you give me some pointers? :0
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

well, I am more a pixel artist, so I use paint a lot... alongside PSP for palette work and PS for comic translation...

Chocofreak13

i think it's cool that we have such a varied bunch here. no matter what kind of art you choose, you're bound to find an expert on it here. ^^
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

it is... we all are kinda tech support on our area of expertise...

Bella

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on April 14, 2013, 01:40:04 AM
it is... we all are kinda tech support on our area of expertise...

I like that way of looking at it. X)

stewartsage

Quote from: alfonso_rd_30 on April 11, 2013, 11:34:45 PM
well, I am more a pixel artist, so I use paint a lot... alongside PSP for palette work and PS for comic translation...

*raises hand and waves!*

alfonso_rd_30

*shoots at the waving hand [kidding]*

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

DECships

RSX-11 x TOPS-10-tan
OS/8-tan x RSTS-tan (totally random pairing because Why Not)
And a random PDP-7-tan watching all of it from above.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Nice. Also, given the era they existed, it draws a parallel with the yuri I'm writing :3

@Kari: Bert posted your drawing in a topic of livestream fanart on the DC Forums :3
Also, I love the Aces High drawing