C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno the fox

*stares at "Operation Bella Boost"*
Ooooooooohhhh @v@ VMS-Sama.

Their base kinda reminds me of the bad guys' lair from the Super Friends.
(Darn it, forgot their name. It was lead by Lex Luthor)

"Tomorrow We shall try to overthrow the windows empire, Muahahah!"

The next thing I see are those sharks........They're staring at me.....@.@;;

VMS-sama is a beauty, I pity anyone who gets in her way. (especially when she's got that sword.)

I've seen a finished version of this in another thread. Marvelous Job C-chan! ^_^

Quote from: "C-chan"I envision the CIOST central headquarters being a very large submarine for some reason -- I guess the mobility works very well for them. Contrary to what it may seem, that's not the open ocean, but rather the "playpen" for VMS-sama's pets. ^^;

We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine.
Hehe..

Quote from: "Bella"Quote:
Just make sure to clarify,... they'd be like KGB secret agents. ^__~  

*starts singing "Secret Agent Man"*

There's a -tan who leads a life of danger
To every user she meets she stays a stranger
With every move she makes another chance she takes
Odds are she won't live to boot tomorrow

Secret agent -tan, secret agent -tan!
They've given you a acronym and taken away your name!

Beware of pretty GUIs that you find
A nice interface can hide an evil mind!
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow....

Ahh, Thank you Bella.....Now that song is stuck in my head...
*starts humming*

Quote from: "C-chan"In any event, sorry again for my absence.
I didn't work on Bella Boost at all, but will definitely finish VMS-sama tomorrow, no doubt about it.

However, in order to preempt further absence, I just want to say that I may disappear for long stretches of time going forward. I'm very excited by my ongoing Linux development training, and looking forward to the day I can program my own applications. I want to use my talents to help my brother with material for his very inspiring second novel, given that I feel my participation was sorely lacking for the first one. And I've also recentlyt taken an interest in learning/writing music as well. So right there I have 3 long-term interests I want to pursue very much; and while I will be around at least once or twice a week to help out, I hope y'all understand if I can't be as active as I used to.

I guess it's more like a half-assed retirement... kinda.... ^v^

But unlike before, I'm feeling very psyched about it all. ^__^

Ahh so you're going to take Linux programming training? Cool.

Here's something I was thinking about, in the *Chan Imageboard Family.
I'm probably going to make a 2chan-tan as well. (unless there already is one) But, should 2chan-tan be the eldest sister, or a mother figure? Since 2chan was the first and original *Chan.

C-Chan

Oh that reminds me, I SHOULD repost my pic here just to keep it with the rest of my stuff.  Obviously it has to be the thumbnail version, since the original is so darn large:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/OpenVMS_final.png

Quote*stares at "Operation Bella Boost"*
Ooooooooohhhh @v@ VMS-Sama.

Irrasshai-masen Techno-san!  ^v^
Yep, you came here just in time for the unveiling of Operation Bella Boost Final.  ^___^

[/quote]Their base kinda reminds me of the bad guys' lair from the Super Friends.
(Darn it, forgot their name. It was lead by Lex Luthor) [/quote]

If y'all say so.  I always kinda thought it was like a Bespin Cloud City Mine had vomited over an aquarium, or something.  ^_________^

Quote"Tomorrow We shall try to overthrow the windows empire, Muahahah!"

Ironically, VMS-sama is more inclined to overthrow the former *Nix empire rather than the current Windows one.  Call it a "dark dirty secret" that no one (not even M$) wants you to know about.  ^___^;

QuoteVMS-sama is a beauty, I pity anyone who gets in her way. (especially when she's got that sword.)

Well technically speaking, she silences anyone who sees her without her mask (and is not a member of either the DEC or Windows NT family).  So yeah, the caneraman in this picture isn't having the cleaver pointed at him just for show.  ^^;

QuoteAhh so you're going to take Linux programming training? Cool.

Someone once asked me if I could make a little SuperKaramba widget with an animated PCLinuxOS-tan, and I was embarrassed to say I couldn't.  But I hope to do so now (if not for SuperKaramba, then maybe for KDE4)  ^.^

QuoteHere's something I was thinking about, in the *Chan Imageboard Family.
I'm probably going to make a 2chan-tan as well. (unless there already is one) But, should 2chan-tan be the eldest sister, or a mother figure? Since 2chan was the first and original *Chan.

Hey you know me.  Any thing you want to draw, I'll give you my blessing for it.  ^___^
I'm personally siding more for sisters in this particular case.

Alfamille

QuoteOh that reminds me, I SHOULD repost my pic here just to keep it with the rest of my stuff. Obviously it has to be the thumbnail version, since the original is so darn large:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/OpenVMS_final.png

This illustration of yours rocks! Objects around VMS-tan are saturated very well! The aquarium was awesome, so as the little floor steps.

Another C-chan classic! Thumbs up! :D

C-Chan

Thank you Alfamille-san.  ^___^
Let's see if we can't discuss things in that regard later.  ^^

Silentbob

Sorry for being absent, I really should have commented on your work, C-chan.   It's swoonage-inducing as always, your latest stuff is nice as usual.   ;010

If I slip away in the future, make sure to give me a reminding kick in the head or something, lol.    ;144

C-Chan

Yay!!!  AmigaBob praise!!!!!!!  ^___^

*savors the moment*

Will do!  Hopefully I'll still be around to show you the Amigoid pic when it gets done.  ^v^

Bella

QuoteIf y'all say so. I always kinda thought it was like a Bespin Cloud City Mine had vomited over an aquarium, or something. ^_________^

....?....

QuoteIronically, VMS-sama is more inclined to overthrow the former *Nix empire rather than the current Windows one. Call it a "dark dirty secret" that no one (not even M$) wants you to know about. ^___^;

Teeheehee...

*shady grin*

QuoteWell technically speaking, she silences anyone who sees her without her mask (and is not a member of either the DEC or Windows NT family). So yeah, the caneraman in this picture isn't having the cleaver pointed at him just for show. ^^;

And here I thought she was a master of dramatic posing!

QuoteSomeone once asked me if I could make a little SuperKaramba widget with an animated PCLinuxOS-tan, and I was embarrassed to say I couldn't. But I hope to do so now (if not for SuperKaramba, then maybe for KDE4) ^.^

Oooh, cool....

C-Chan

Quote...?....

Haven't seen "Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back" in a while, no?  ^___^
The background look familiar to the scene where a particular confrontation between father and unknowing son took place?  ^v^

QuoteAnd here I thought she was a master of dramatic posing!

Well that too.  ^____^

QuoteOooh, cool....

I'm sure it's also possible for the widget to be compatible with the OSX format.  Possibly... Maybe....

Then again, with KDE support coming to Windows and Mac, might not be necessary.  ^___^

Bella

QuoteHaven't seen "Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back" in a while, no? ^___^
The background look familiar to the scene where a particular confrontation between father and unknowing son took place? ^v^

Oh, get the reference now :P

I'm sure it's also possible for the widget to be compatible with the OSX format. Possibly... Maybe....

QuoteThen again, with KDE support coming to Windows and Mac, might not be necessary. ^___^

Hmmm...I may someday use KDE my other XP machine...

I wonder, would KDE use less or more resources than the normal XP desktop environment...?

C-Chan

QuoteHmmm...I may someday use KDE my other XP machine...

I wonder, would KDE use less or more resources than the normal XP desktop environment...?

Once they get all the bugs out and streamline the QT4 code a little more, than it will be lighter than a KDE 3.5 environment even!  ^.^

It's a shame they released it to early, but most of the people that have worked on it from the development side are in love with the platform.  It's forced release in January is more like being caught with their pants down -- of course people will say it's not ready for prime time yet, because it really ISN'T ready for prime time yet.  ^o^'

Bella

Hmmm...I wonder how it would be installed in Windows. I know with Linux it's *fairly* easy to switch out desktop environments...But I can't imagine how it'd be done on Windows (other than messing around with a lot of system files :P)...

C-Chan

My guess is that early releases won't be all that dissimilar to installing X11 on Macs.  It wouldn't be a full desktop replacement just yet, but it would be a platform on which KDE4 software can run on (think of it almost like Wine, but for Windows programs running KDE4 apps).

But that would just be the beginning.  Who knows what those creative kinfolk could think up next!  ^__^

Gussy Keniji

Ooo this VMS-sama pic here is illuminating I dare say ^,^
though the way that swords pointed, gives me the feelin I've stepped into the wrong hideout (or Base of Operations) ^^;

In anycase a splendid job C-chan, my good sir

"Wut..."

Bella

QuoteMy guess is that early releases won't be all that dissimilar to installing X11 on Macs. It wouldn't be a full desktop replacement just yet, but it would be a platform on which KDE4 software can run on (think of it almost like Wine, but for Windows programs running KDE4 apps).

Oh, I see. I thought it would be some kind of actual interface replacement...

QuoteOoo this VMS-sama pic here is illuminating I dare say ^,^
though the way that swords pointed, gives me the feelin I've stepped into the wrong hideout (or Base of Operations) ^^;

I'm glad to hear VMS-sama is catching people's attentions! Like I said, a great tribute to a great OS!

C-Chan

QuoteOoo this VMS-sama pic here is illuminating I dare say ^,^

And thank you to Gus-san.  ^__^
Yes,... though Viru-sama may reign supreme in her kingdom, VMS-sama is clearly the queen in her own neck of the woods.  And she's virus-proof (or at least hacker proof).  ^.^

QuoteOh, I see. I thought it would be some kind of actual interface replacement...

What I'm saying is that it might some day -- but certainly not initially.  For one thing, we don't know how Windows display its Desktop Environment, so any kind of replacement of it will always be a guessing game.  ^.^

QuoteI'm glad to hear VMS-sama is catching people's attentions! Like I said, a great tribute to a great OS!

*stares at Bella-sama's title*

"GNU/Linux", still?  Mmmmm-hmmmm.... only a matter of time.... -v-

*plots and schemes*