C-chan Concoctions

Started by C-Chan, April 01, 2007, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

QuoteOn the other hand, the pic is now officially "Open Sauced"....

Woohoo! Open sauce!

I barely noticed the lack of shading on the smaller characters...

C-Chan

Yeah, the original image I based this off wasn't heavily shaded either, so I thought I'd follow suit.  (I don't even like the style of eyes used, but oh well....)  ^___^

Next up (and after Panel 10 of the Zerosanity Xmas special is finished)...

A vectorized version of my (as yet, unreleased) PilotOS sketch!  ^v^

Added after 1 hours 7 minutes:

QuoteYou're adding humor to illustrations now?! XD LOL! (p.s. the snowOSes expression are cute)

Hoho!  What are you saying, Alfamille!  ^v^
I think about 90% of all my drawings have some sort of humor embedded into them.  ^__^

Even Amiga-san alpha and the Palm-chan pic of yore have their funny little easter eggs scattered about.  ^.^

C-Chan

Happy to report that Operation Bella Boost is proceeding well.  ^.^

Here's a small preview:

Bella

*glomps C-Chan and VMS-sama*

Wow! She's gorgeous so far! I'm sensing a swoon!

*swoons*

C-Chan

Hmmmm,... I'm not used to be on the receiving end of swoons.  It makes me feel so,........ swoonable.  ^^;

But yeah, ashamed to say I can't show more at this point yet, but she does currently appear in full-body form, complete with cleaver being pointed straight at yo head.  ^___^;

On my 'To Do' list still:

- Fix up hair,
- Add leather suit
- Shading
- Lighting
- Super Secret background

Was too tired to do anything last night, but will resume today.
But just in case I can't make it to the de facto deadline (the 31st).

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Bella

Thank you! :D

*blows out candles*

And from what you've said, now I really can't wait to see it all finished! But take your time :P

Silentbob

I'm sorry I havn't posted before, but you know anything you post is instantly approved and so on.  Or someting to that effect.  

I've been trying to keep the old Amiga spirit, but it maybe that I need some help, cough cough, cough.  I hope it's all right otherwise.

We must keep the spirit alive, hehe.  Or what do you say?

Tsubashi

Ooooh, Fancy! I think I missed the commencement of Operation Bella Boost, but I certainly like the results thus far. I'm excited to see the finished product! Ganbatte kudasai, Senpai!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Thank you all!  ^__^
If you just liked the bust of her, though,... then you're gonna love the rest of her:

This is the beta2 version, now with the full body vector sketch included and a nifty background.  Just like before with the Abraxas/FCL pic, I wanted to establish the background first so I could get a better idea of how the lighting would appear on her.  Clearly, it's gonna be a challenge, but not as much as fitting the background around the character.  ^.^

I envision the CIOST central headquarters being a very large submarine for some reason -- I guess the mobility works very well for them.  Contrary to what it may seem, that's not the open ocean, but rather the "playpen" for VMS-sama's pets.  ^^;

Added after 8 minutes:

Oh and yes, the sharks are vector drawn too.  

Can't say I had much room for easter eggs in this pic, but maybe one of you guys might recognize a very important symbol in this pic.  And maybe some of y'all may find an,... uncanny similarity between herself and NT-san.  ^.^

All in all, I'm happy to say I'm nearing the final stages of Operation Bella Boost!!!!!!  ^v^

Now as for other stuff:

QuoteI'm sorry I havn't posted before, but you know anything you post is instantly approved and so on. Or someting to that effect.

I've been trying to keep the old Amiga spirit, but it maybe that I need some help, cough cough, cough. I hope it's all right otherwise.

We must keep the spirit alive, hehe. Or what do you say?

Hmmm,... first Raffaele-san, now you come asking me for news on Amigoid-related stuff.  '';

Normally I'd be emphatic, but now I'm suspicious,....

Could it be,....

....You guys caught wind of something great on the Amiga horizon?

...That calls for a celebratory pic?

....Like.......

....AMIGA-SAMA GETTING OPEN SAUCED?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, like that'd ever happen!  ^-^

*shakes angry fist at Amiga, Inc.*

No but seriously, dude, what's up?  I still have the Amigoid Family picture slated, so don't worry about the Amiga spirit dying.  ^^

In the meantime,... consider checking out the Zerosanity Xmas special for your daily Amiga Fix.  ^.^

Bella

QuoteThis is the beta2 version, now with the full body vector sketch included and a nifty background. Just like before with the Abraxas/FCL pic, I wanted to establish the background first so I could get a better idea of how the lighting would appear on her. Clearly, it's gonna be a challenge, but not as much as fitting the background around the character. ^.^

OMG! I'm loving it so far! The background is incredible; I really didn't expect this!

QuoteI envision the CIOST central headquarters being a very large submarine for some reason -- I guess the mobility works very well for them. Contrary to what it may seem, that's not the open ocean, but rather the "playpen" for VMS-sama's pets. ^^;

Oh and yes, the sharks are vector drawn too.

The CIOST is starting to sound like...a 60s movie supervillan group XD
Neat idea, though! The CIOST is an interesting group...and they have an interesting HQ as well!

QuoteCan't say I had much room for easter eggs in this pic, but maybe one of you guys might recognize a very important symbol in this pic. And maybe some of y'all may find an,... uncanny similarity between herself and NT-san. ^.^

Yep, the CIOST Asterisk! And of course I see the similarity :P

QuoteAll in all, I'm happy to say I'm nearing the final stages of Operation Bella Boost!!!!!! ^v^

And I'm gonna need it...I just saw my team trounced in the Super Bowl :..(

Noooooooooo!!!!!

Quote....AMIGA-SAMA GETTING OPEN SAUCED?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^V^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, like that'd ever happen! ^-^

Hey, look at Multics, OSS Amiga could happen!

*bangs on calculator some more*

In....2037! Save the date!

C-Chan

QuoteOMG! I'm loving it so far! The background is incredible; I really didn't expect this!

What'dya mean?  It's your birthday, so I had to make it Extra-Crispy Special!  ^_______^

Besides,... I've been meaning to draw a picture like this for a long time.  Originally wanted it to have other CIOST members sitting/standing nearby to pose for the camera.  Course,... given that you will get the Sauce,... I'd say it's not a bad long term plan.  ^_____^

QuoteThe CIOST is starting to sound like...a 60s movie supervillan group XD
Neat idea, though! The CIOST is an interesting group...and they have an interesting HQ as well!

Actually, that's not a bad comparison!  Certainly fits some of the members.  ^___^

Bear in mind, though, that not every CIOST member stays in the VMS-sama's sub.  For one, the grand majority are usually off pursuing their own personal interests.  And also,........

Out of VMS-sama's personal taste....

ALL the living quarters have glass walls facing the Playpen.....

...So unless you have VMS-sama's ability to communicate with your pets, it's generally not fun to see them stare at you hungrily in the morning.  ^v^;

QuoteYep, the CIOST Asterisk! And of course I see the similarity :P

Well in your case though, that's cheating.  ^.^
I will say that I had a bit of trouble choosing a sit design for her clothing, since you've cycled through at least 4 fashion themes with her.  This one is kinda a combination of all of them.  ^___^

QuoteAnd I'm gonna need it...I just saw my team trounced in the Super Bowl :..(

Noooooooooo!!!!!

I promised myself I'd be interested in an American football again once the Buffalo Bills return to (and win) a Super Bowl.  Since that hasn't happened yet, I'll take my futbol in the meantime.  -v-

But I digress....

Poor Bell-sama..... ^.^
*pats Bella-sama reassuringly*
Well look on the bright side,..... at least your team hasn't knocked off the Miami Dolphins from their undefeated record.  ^___^

More dolphins in the water = more food for VMS-sama's pets.  ^.^

See?  Bright side to everything.  ^^

QuoteIn....2037! Save the date!

Awwww #$@% it.... -________-

*smears self with fish juices and tosses self into the VMS-sama's Playpen*

Bella

QuoteWhat'dya mean? It's your birthday, so I had to make it Extra-Crispy Special! ^_______^

Besides,... I've been meaning to draw a picture like this for a long time. Originally wanted it to have other CIOST members sitting/standing nearby to pose for the camera. Course,... given that you will get the Sauce,... I'd say it's not a bad long term plan. ^_____^

Oooooh....maybe NeXTSTEP-tan or VXworks-tan might show up someday in the background :P

QuoteActually, that's not a bad comparison! Certainly fits some of the members. ^___^

*imagines Unixes dressed as 70s secret agents "storming" the sub HQ....*

QuoteBear in mind, though, that not every CIOST member stays in the VMS-sama's sub. For one, the grand majority are usually off pursuing their own personal interests. And also,........

Probably just her close friends like...eCos-tan?

Out of VMS-sama's personal taste....

ALL the living quarters have glass walls facing the Playpen.....

Quote...So unless you have VMS-sama's ability to communicate with your pets, it's generally not fun to see them stare at you hungrily in the morning. ^v^;

Aw, it's probably not so bad as long as you're not a saba-tan ;)

QuoteWell in your case though, that's cheating. ^.^
I will say that I had a bit of trouble choosing a sit design for her clothing, since you've cycled through at least 4 fashion themes with her. This one is kinda a combination of all of them. ^___^

I think her clothes look about right. For most characters I design, honestly, I have no "set design", just a basic theme. In her case, anything dark, leather, or with a trench coat ;)

Although, I occasionally wonder what she'd look like all dressed up...but that's a whole other story...

QuoteI promised myself I'd be interested in an American football again once the Buffalo Bills return to (and win) a Super Bowl. Since that hasn't happened yet, I'll take my futbol in the meantime. -v-

But I digress....

Poor Bell-sama..... ^.^
*pats Bella-sama reassuringly*

Well look on the bright side,..... at least your team hasn't knocked off the Miami Dolphins from their undefeated record. ^___^

More dolphins in the water = more food for VMS-sama's pets. ^.^

See? Bright side to everything. ^^

Waaahh! The record still belongs to a bunch of giggling water mammalians!

...Oh well, we New Englanders still have our World Series champion Red Sox...

C-Chan

QuoteOooooh....maybe NeXTSTEP-tan or VXworks-tan might show up someday in the background :P

That's the idea!  ^.^

Quote*imagines Unixes dressed as 70s secret agents "storming" the sub HQ....*

Just make sure to clarify,... they'd be like KGB secret agents.  ^__~

QuoteProbably just her close friends like...eCos-tan?

And FreeVMS-tan too (remember her?).  ^.^

QuoteAw, it's probably not so bad as long as you're not a saba-tan

Well true, but let me put it another way,....

Many a good breakfast appetite is spoiled when VMS-sama gives her pets their own.... "breakfast".  ^^;

QuoteI think her clothes look about right. For most characters I design, honestly, I have no "set design", just a basic theme. In her case, anything dark, leather, or with a trench coat

Awesome.  *pats self on back for great judgement call*  ^____^

QuoteAlthough, I occasionally wonder what she'd look like all dressed up...but that's a whole other story...

You meant dolled up?  *v*

Or....

In an armored suit?  @___@

Bella

QuoteJust make sure to clarify,... they'd be like KGB secret agents. ^__~

*starts singing "Secret Agent Man"*

There's a -tan who leads a life of danger
To every user she meets she stays a stranger
With every move she makes another chance she takes
Odds are she won't live to boot tomorrow

Secret agent -tan, secret agent -tan!
They've given you a acronym and taken away your name!

Beware of pretty GUIs that you find
A nice interface can hide an evil mind!
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow....

QuoteAnd FreeVMS-tan too (remember her?). ^.^

Ah, yes, her adorable little geeky fangirl. I guess O3ONE-chan would also qualify as a fan of hers (and Unix-sama's, and NT-san's, yes, she's scatterbrained).

QuoteYou meant dolled up? *v*

Correct!

C-Chan

QuoteAh, yes, her adorable little geeky fangirl. I guess O3ONE-chan would also qualify as a fan of hers (and Unix-sama's, and NT-san's, yes, she's scatterbrained).

Hey, the more the merrier.  ^__^
I'm sure it's every fangirl's dream to live inside a gaint sub, full of sharks, and always seemingly fighting against SOMETHING UNIX-based.... only to be near her tall, galant, emotionally-suspect idol, whose daughter helped form the largest OS empire the world has ever known, and whose self-appointed bodyguard has an unhealthy obsession with seeking revenge on RedHat-tan.  ^^;

Ah yes,... those girs..... are crazy..... ^.^;

==========

In any event, sorry again for my absence.  
I didn't work on Bella Boost at all, but will definitely finish VMS-sama tomorrow, no doubt about it.  

However, in order to preempt further absence, I just want to say that I may disappear for long stretches of time going forward.  I'm very excited by my ongoing Linux development training, and looking forward to the day I can program my own applications.  I want to use my talents to help my brother with material for his very inspiring second novel, given that I feel my participation was sorely lacking for the first one.  And I've also recentlyt taken an interest in learning/writing music as well.  So right there I have 3 long-term interests I want to pursue very much; and while I will be around at least once or twice a week to help out, I hope y'all understand if I can't be as active as I used to.  

I guess it's more like a half-assed retirement... kinda.... ^v^

But unlike before, I'm feeling very psyched about it all.  ^__^