What Manga are you reading?

Started by Gummster, March 28, 2007, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Not sure if this is the right thread, but this is one of my recent orders from Amazon:

NejinOniwa

That there looks positively ancient, chum.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

Nichi

I admit, I dig the art style as well -w-
(Very nostalgic IMO)

Chocofreak13

*pats shoulder* good choice, leaf! that's my drawing series of choice! I do believe I have that volume, to boot. :3

the series is excellent! taught me most of what I know. the books started (in japan) in the mid 90's and went for 42 volumes (the original series, anyway, there are spinoffs) till the mid 00's. they are very professional, but still accessible by newbies, making them a really invaluable resource in a sea of gimmicky fad books. I recommend collecting them as I do, since they cover such a wide range of topics. however, remember that these ARE Japanese, so there may be a lot of materials that you can't get from the local store (such as tone, pen bodies and nibs, etc etc).

if you have any questions about drawing or the other books, leaf, i'd be happy to advise you over Skype. ^^
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 02, 2013, 07:02:38 PM
smaritan.txt
I knew I was onto something here. Got it for a bargain too.
Appreciate it, Choco! (^u^)

Chocofreak13

np, man. I can recommend other books after you move on from that one. (this was actually the first one in the series I got, it's a pretty basic book so if you want another text to cover a wide, basic range, i'd get this one next. if you're struggling on a particular topic (a lot of guys I know your age who like to draw have trouble drawing women, for example, and I'm still not super-confident with drawing guys), just mention it and I can recommend the particular book. just beware that, as these are art books intended to prepare you to be a pro, they may contain some nudity depending on the book. )

considering their age and wide range of topics, though, a lot of these books get kinda expensive on the resale market. don't even ask me how much the yaoi or animal books go for.... >>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Found this new work called Boku Girl.
It's about a natural trap who gets turned into a dfc grill by Loki.
Based trickster god.

Nichi

Trap turned into actual girl? Possibly want >w>;

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

ooo, this sounds interesting. :0

i got volume 1 of Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade (or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, i'm not splitting hairs here) and volumes 1-5 of Paradise Kiss for christmas. feels good man, feels good. -w-
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different Story.

I'm going to be wrecked by the end.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

*pat pat*

the last manga I read was Paradise Kiss vol. 3. I'm going to NYC in about 2 weeks to shop for manga. -w-
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Nichi

Likely going to start reading the Cowboy Bebop manga later. To be honest, I didn't know it had one