What Manga are you reading?

Started by Gummster, March 28, 2007, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Popular? Not likely. In fact, anything about Upotte! i'd file under the H board.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on May 09, 2012, 02:14:31 PM
Popular? Not likely. In fact, anything about Upotte! i'd file under the H board.

Is it really that ecchi? o___o

NejinOniwa

Anthromorphical weapons. Where exactly do you think the "trigger" corresponds to on the body of a human female?

Yes, that's entirely correct.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

stewartsage

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 09, 2012, 11:56:58 AM
ah. file that under the "gonna get popular, i'll duck out now."

see ya later. *flees* >>;

Not..... really?  It's alright, but nothing to get excited over.

Chocofreak13

any time i see the words "anthro", "anime", and "guns" within the same post, and it has nothing to do with furries, i assume it's some new wave thing the whole forum will be buzzing about again. >>;;

i love these how to draw manga books. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I wish I could ever draw anything from a how to draw book, but my hands are too shaky.

Finished Upotte!!

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on May 11, 2012, 08:25:53 PM
I wish I could ever draw anything from a how to draw book, but my hands are too shaky.

I need to teach you Inkscape. :L

Chocofreak13

@stew: you might benefit from a set of french curves. :\

and yeah, inkscape is useful for making pin-straight lines/curves. idk how people make art that doesn't look like it's from a design student, though. :\

(and practice makes perfect ^^)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2012, 09:19:47 PM

and yeah, inkscape is useful for making pin-straight lines/curves. idk how people make art that doesn't look like it's from a design student, though. :\

It takes a ton of practice to get good at making smooth/organic-looking shapes in Inkscape ... but it's certainly not impossible.

If it's any consolation, C-chan was self-admittedly a poor artist when it came to handdrawn stuff (he complained about his hands not being steady enough) yet managed to become one of the (if not THE) best Inkscape artists I've ever known (at least as far as anime/manga-style works go).

stewartsage

Quote from: Bella on May 11, 2012, 08:29:59 PM

YOUR LESSON DIDN'T MAKE SENSE!

Yeah, there's also the fact that I'm shit at art.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on May 11, 2012, 10:44:39 PM
Quote from: Bella on May 11, 2012, 08:29:59 PM

YOUR LESSON DIDN'T MAKE SENSE!

Yes it did, I'll show you if we hang out this summer. >w>;;;;

Quote from: stewartsage on May 11, 2012, 10:44:39 PM

Yeah, there's also the fact that I'm shit at art.

No you aren't, you're one of the best writers i know personally. :z I can't comment on your visual art skills since you don't seem particularly interested in doing visual art...

Chocofreak13

@stew: if you can draw a stick figure, you're an artist. whether or not you're willing to improve upon that is up to you.

tell you what. i made an animoo/mango doodlin' tutorial for nej (but i sent it with him back to sweden before i could upload it to DA), so i'll make another and upload it and you can use it if you wish. >>;

as for inkscape, i had to learn it by poking at the various buttons till i got something to work. now, i can make simple stuff with it, like the game board i made. if you'd like, i'll make a tutorial for that too, since if you say bella didn't make sense, maybe i could have a crack at it. but don't expect to be working MOTHERFUCKING MIRACLES like C did; i can't even get results that good in gimp. (not due to program flaws, but due to lack of ability. i plan on using markers whenever possible since i take forever to colour one picture digitally. >>;;; )

@bella:
HE'S AN INKSCAPE GOD.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I plan on learning to draw soon. I suppose my #1 problem is trying to decide what to draw more than anything ^_^;;

Anyway, to get this back on topic, I plan on reading volume 1 of Trigun during my flight next month :3

Chocofreak13

cool on both accounts. :3

i plan on going through my bookshelf one of these days to figure out which of the beginning volumes of HtDM i'm missing, then i'm gonna start filling in the gaps. :3
click to make it bigger