Main Menu

Afro samurai

Started by Spysweeper, November 30, 2006, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spysweeper

I"m kinda looking forward to it I just hate dub voices is all.

Silentbob

Knowing the japanese, I'm sure it will be dubbed into both languages.

OldSkool

I believe that's what you would call a "HARLEM" anime! Ha ha.....

...I'll get my coat

Spysweeper

No they said in a magazine that it will be in subtitles for the Japanese and regular english for us but it's only like 5 episodes long so it can't be all that bad.

Gaatz

Is that the one Samuel Jackson is supposed to be doing voicework for? I remember seeing a commercial on Spike TV about something like that.
Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it\'s passed, until a simple courtesy becomes a act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil. -some asshole

Nidas

Quote from: "Gaatz"Is that the one Samuel Jackson is supposed to be doing voicework for? I remember seeing a commercial on Spike TV about something like that.

Yup.

From what I've seen of it so far, I'm expecting it to be very hit or miss. Hopefully the producers can pull off a similar feel and style to stuff like Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, etc. For some reason though, I have a bad feeling about it =/ I'll probably still give it a go though, if for no other reason than I usually like stuff with Jackson in it :p

dephy

Its a was pretty cool show, reminded me alot of samurai champloo, hey spy sweeper wheres ya avy from?

The Vampire Hao

Quote from: "dephy"Its a was pretty cool show, reminded me alot of samurai champloo, hey spy sweeper wheres ya avy from?

That avy is from "Fate/Stay Night" series is a great anime with the worst 1st episode i ever seen in my life so far xD!

And for this toic Afro Samurai ia cool Show but the final episode "Justice" is kinda weird with that purple guy o.o

NICCSACC

looks ok i think they are trying too much to be like a mix between BOONDOCKS and samurai shamploo. itll probably be a cool flick tho .

basuracode

I don like so much the voices, the animation is so good but i prefer others, like code geas or eureka 7.

templar737

Samuel L. Jackson + animation = brilliant

anyone seen the bondocks?

it isnt a anime but is is a really good funny cartoon. Sam L. J. voice acts in it and just makes it that much funnier and more enjoyable.

I cant wait to get a hold of afro samurai