Main Menu

Forests on Iceland?

Started by NejinOniwa, March 27, 2007, 02:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

As of a few years ago, all i knew conc. forests on iceland was that there was like one in the whole nation and it was like, a bunch of bushes and mini-trees spread sporadically over some few thousand yards.
Has that changed or something?

And also, Gummster-san, you must be quite knowledgeable about this, so i ask you, what exactly is considered a forest where you live? Because...last time i heard it WAS, as above mentioned, a bunch of bushes and mini-trees spread sporadically over some few thousand yards...-.-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

It's not just bushes and mini trees. I hope that this very precise picture I made will help clarify matters.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/3079/hallormsstadur230805yf2.jpg

This photo shows a mere 1/6 of the entire forest, It is a photo of the small peaceful village in the forest renowned as Hallormsstaður, the forests name is coincidently named Hallormsstaðaskógur. I attend school there, I marked it in the photo. Enjoy

NejinOniwa

Hmm...looks like my info's wasn't really up-to-date then ^-^
Anything else of Iceland's environment you've got to point things out about, btw?

Gummster

Yes, according to tourists it is very cold here... that was news to me, The climate here is unstable according to my English teacher, no one watches animé except for me and my older brother. The only the store that sells manga in the whole frikkin' country just closed down and there's nothing to do.
I DON'T recommend this place as a vacation spot, we have enough foreigners here already.

Acher13

hey i dun know that.... is it true got forest there

Gummster

Yes, that's what I've been saying!

Acher13

i seems quite a nice place to me....
i live in the city so the only forest i see is tall building while cars are the tiny bushes.

Kami-Tux

I wish for that! Damn allergy!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Allergy? Are you allergic against trees?
Or is it just pollen season hell?

Kami-Tux

I am allergic against a lot of different pollens :( and live 'in the green'.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

NejinOniwa

Naaaw.....I'm lucky enough to be without that stuff ^^ But I also have a nice forest just outside my window ^_^

Gummster

Acher13

hmm... pollen allergy, i dunt know if i have any