*travels back in time*

*seconds later, all Windows PCs magically turn into Amigas*

*returns back to present*

Mission Accomplished. ^___^

*sees Amiga-chan ravaging a dinner table like a pig*

My GAWDS, what have I done?! @@

*imagines Mac vs. Miggy ad campaign*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

QuoteIt's a give and take really. I can't draw steady to save my life, but the erratic finger movements DO however seem to enhance my ability to type... A LOT. If not for the fact that I might indeed pursue a future in programming, don't think I haven't envied the notion of being some lone wolf artist of few words. -v-

Ack, I'm good at typing, but I'm not so great at writing in general, which is very ironic 'cause I spent about a year writing short stories and I wanted to be a writer.

But then, in the late winter of 2007, I came to the realization that my work was much to affected and formulaic, and constituted a whole lot of pseudo-melodramatic drivel. This, compounded by the fact that I was away from my home, incredibly homesick, and embroiled in...what I only care to describe as a massive family dispute where money was put ahead of reason...kinda snuffed out any desire I had to write. In rare form, I gave up. It was actually around this point I found this forum...

Making this even worse is the fact that I'd still like to write. I've come up with a half a dozen sci-fi and fantasy story ideas, some of which I fancy as being quite deep, one so deep you'd need a shovel to dig it up. But I cannot...for the life of me...come up with character concepts or any coherent plot. T__T

As for being a lone wolf artist, I couldn't pull it off. I'm the kind of temperamental artist who needs constant review of my work and consultation with others in order to function properly (ask the people I subjected to my horrific writing!). I've come to realize that I can generate a certain amount of inspiration on my own, but I tend to burn though that quickly. I believe that I...if it makes sense...draw my inspiration from the motivation of others. In 90% of artistic fields this would get one branded anything from weak, to phony, to unoriginal. Luckily for me, this sort of idea-sharing and borrowing is perfectly normal with OS-tans...

QuoteStill can't see Photobucket from here, so I'll wait till later to comment. But I was thinking... maybe not so much for Plan9-sama, but I was wondering about creating a simple drawing that demonstrates a new coloring technique that I think will make this variable color hue a lot easier to manage. If you've seen how I've done the hair for some of my InfinityZero-style Minis, you'll know what I mean... imagine that on steroids. ^.^

I'm a bit curious; I wonder if it has to do with...using gradients as pallets? (For example, putting the variable hue at one end of the gradient, the skintone at the other, and basing the color off the "middle ground?"

For this picture, I used a technique which I liken to a painter mixing colors. I had the "real color" of the skintone, then I put a "sample" of the variable color next to it (a shade of light blue taken from the Plan 9 picture). Using the color dropper I sampled a bit of both colors until I got it at the right hue.

I certainly don't know if that's a good way, but it's what I figured out. Maybe the attached picture will give you a better idea of what I'm saying.

QuoteBut I did promise myself I would do a little programming this evening, so either way I probably won't do my usual reply bombardment.

Last night I finally found the time to do a bit more exploring at SDF...

At first, HyperTerminal wasn't working. So I tried Putty, which was even more useless than HyperTerminal. Finally, I remembered the SDF site had a Java applet that acted as an embedded terminal within the web browser, so I used that to log on...

...at which point I got lost in a sea of system directories, than managed to find my way back home, then I did a bit of gaming (Outback Adventure-- Like adventure, with more "g'day mate"!), then decided to check out the message boards, got lost in the message boards, I think I posted a new messege consisting of random keystrokes I was typing trying to get out of the message boards, then I checked my emails, successfully opened and closed a text file, and then got hit up for a donation, and then I logged out.

Fun stuff! ^^

QuoteI have no clue where you get these [motivational posters], but this one is hands down my favorite. ^^

Well okay,... SECOND favorite (a certain cosplaying one is my first. ^__^
I actually found this one on a photobucket search for motivational posters. It originally said "THAT...is a pig", but I saw to that :P

QuoteSorry. ^___^
I'm telling you, it's not too late to switch to neutral-colored lighting (for Plan9-sama). It's not really that hard -- basically just entails reversing the color scheme back to its original palette. ^^

On the other hand, it might be worth your while to give it a shot. Do what you can -- and if you need a second opinion, I can adjust the lighting/shading as needed in the later SVG file. ^^

I think the end result will look nifty -- think of the classic dramatic pictures where one half of the character is shaded in muted blue tones, while the other half is a blazing warm color. ^___^

Well, I wanted to try something new. The only thing that make's in difficult is the fact that NetBSD-tan is wearing an orange spacesuit, if I coped out and made in a white one it would be a lot easier...

Also keep in mind that Inferno-chan (and subsequent fire-light) is slated to be added to this picture (somewhere near the oxygen tanks, I think you see where this is going), so I suppose it won't matter if NetBSD-tan's color scheme isn't as dramatic as Plan 9-sama's.

Quote...yeah. Last call for neutral-lighting on Plan9s-sama. -.-;

Well, maybe the bunnies won't be as prominent. But I do think I'll add them somewhere in the background.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aurora Borealis

Latest work on the Plan 9 + NetBSD pic looks great! This probably doesn't mean much as I do not have a discerning eye for lighting, but I think the readjusted lighting on NetBSD-tan looks well done!

Uh oh... I know what is going to happen next! Oxygen tank + Inferno-chan the pyromaniac... Disasterlarity will ensue! 0__0

C-Chan

Aaaaaaaah!!!  Sweet visibility!!!!!!!  ^v^

Now I see it!  I'm in love.  *v*

Hold on a sec....

*gets notes together*

Added after 31 minutes:

*imagines Mac vs. Miggy ad campaign*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*piggy imagination runs wild*  *v*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqWOnDqQ4v8

Oh that's too wrong....  XvX
Excuse me for a sec...

*throws self in vat of frying oil*

QuoteMaking this even worse is the fact that I'd still like to write. I've come up with a half a dozen sci-fi and fantasy story ideas, some of which I fancy as being quite deep, one so deep you'd need a shovel to dig it up. But I cannot...for the life of me...come up with character concepts or any coherent plot. T__T

As for being a lone wolf artist, I couldn't pull it off. I'm the kind of temperamental artist who needs constant review of my work and consultation with others in order to function properly (ask the people I subjected to my horrific writing!). I've come to realize that I can generate a certain amount of inspiration on my own, but I tend to burn though that quickly. I believe that I...if it makes sense...draw my inspiration from the motivation of others. In 90% of artistic fields this would get one branded anything from weak, to phony, to unoriginal. Luckily for me, this sort of idea-sharing and borrowing is perfectly normal with OS-tans...

Well for our OS-tan niche, anyway.  -v-
But funny you should say that you have difficulties coming up with character concepts and coherent plots for your own stories, when clearly you could've fooled me with your last few comics.  Seems to me that, like me, you feel better (and work faster) as part of a team than a standalone individual.

The fact that you wrote all that warrants a big "hmmmmmmmmmmm" in my book.  Well I need to do some poking and proding later, I wonder?  ^^

*smirks*

QuoteI'm a bit curious; I wonder if it has to do with...using gradients as pallets? (For example, putting the variable hue at one end of the gradient, the skintone at the other, and basing the color off the "middle ground?"

Close but not quite.  ^^
If you look at the hair in my Mini template, you'll notice that it's not a solid color but a dual-node gradient composed of the exact same solid color on each side.

Why is this important?
Because a change in the source gradient affects ANY path or stroke using said gradient.  So for example, if I wanted to tone Plan9-sama's body suit to a green color, I would only need to adjust one or two gradients.  If I wanted to make it red instead, same thing.  ^^

Admittedly, this is only useful if you plan to adjust the colors of the image (e.g., you're not entirely sold on the color map you might be using).  I might actually use that for the upcoming BSD pictures (yep! It's my new mission in life to finish them! ^v^), especially since their position in the original group shot picture is still not set in stone.  ^.^

QuoteFor this picture, I used a technique which I liken to a painter mixing colors. I had the "real color" of the skintone, then I put a "sample" of the variable color next to it (a shade of light blue taken from the Plan 9 picture). Using the color dropper I sampled a bit of both colors until I got it at the right hue.

I certainly don't know if that's a good way, but it's what I figured out. Maybe the attached picture will give you a better idea of what I'm saying.

No, I think this is perfect -- in fact, it's brilliant!   ^v^
Indeed, given the lighting condition used, it's only natural that NetBSD-tan's body suit is heavily muted much like you saw in the ensuing color mixture.  In fairness, I never thought to do that myself -- instead I thought of real life examples.  Put a book in a basement room with an old flourescent light and the colors look muted and washed.  Take it out in a bright sunny day and it's vibrant and colorful.  Wait till its sunset and everything is seemingly bathed in orange and heavy shadows.

Your method at least secures the science behind it, so you really deserve an awesome pat on the back.  ^___^

QuoteLast night I finally found the time to do a bit more exploring at SDF...

At first, HyperTerminal wasn't working. So I tried Putty, which was even more useless than HyperTerminal. Finally, I remembered the SDF site had a Java applet that acted as an embedded terminal within the web browser, so I used that to log on...

...at which point I got lost in a sea of system directories, than managed to find my way back home, then I did a bit of gaming (Outback Adventure-- Like adventure, with more "g'day mate"!), then decided to check out the message boards, got lost in the message boards, I think I posted a new messege consisting of random keystrokes I was typing trying to get out of the message boards, then I checked my emails, successfully opened and closed a text file, and then got hit up for a donation, and then I logged out.

Fun stuff! ^^

*squeals with delight*  I still remember when Bella-hime was THIS tiny....

*makes exaggerated height motion with his hoof*

...and was still too afraid to put a Puppy inside an old CD-ROM tray. ^^

Now she's venturing in places even I wouldn't touch with a 10m pole!  

*cries*  Oh, they grow up so fast.... ;v;

Well, I wanted to try something new. The only thing that make's in difficult is the fact that NetBSD-tan is wearing an orange spacesuit, if I coped out and made in a white one it would be a lot easier...

Also keep in mind that Inferno-chan (and subsequent fire-light) is slated to be added to this picture (somewhere near the oxygen tanks, I think you see where this is going), so I suppose it won't matter if NetBSD-tan's color scheme isn't as dramatic as Plan 9-sama's.

Nah!  Actually, I think it's easier (or at least more interesting) working over preexisting colors.  ^.^

BWAHAHAHA!!!!  That definitely sounds very much like another day in the Userspace Gang!  ^v^
Regarding the actual pic, while I'm not sure you wanted it to be quite this photorealistic, I think it's gona come out like that quite beautifully.  Even the Oxygen tank looks freakin amazing!  ^^

Just a few quick things to fix before you proceed:

1 - without the nearby light source literally in her face, you're free to return some of Plan9-sama's original skin color since there's currently nothing on screen anymore to make it appear quite that white.   ^__^

2 - We can use a little less blurring in the blue hue over NetBSD-tan's right arm.  I did use some blurring in my shading too, but I tried hard to not overpower the Anime cel look.  

3 - What's that yellow radial gradient on the glass?  ''
Adding luminosity to the glass tube is tricky due to the curvature of the shape,  On the other hand, the oxygen tank is inheriting some of the light from this yellow ball, so my guess is that it's just a placeholder for Inferno-chan's fire.  ^__^

QuoteWell, maybe the bunnies won't be as prominent. But I do think I'll add them somewhere in the background.

WAAAAAAH!!!!!!  Cause I killed the humor, there's gonna be less bunnies.  ;_______;

*crawls towards a corner, curls into a ball and mopes*

Bella

Quote*piggy imagination runs wild* *v*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqWOnDqQ4v8

Oh that's too wrong.... XvX
Excuse me for a sec...

*throws self in vat of frying oil*

Oh gawd. o__O

QuoteWell for our OS-tan niche, anyway. -v-
But funny you should say that you have difficulties coming up with character concepts and coherent plots for your own stories, when clearly you could've fooled me with your last few comics. Seems to me that, like me, you feel better (and work faster) as part of a team than a standalone individual.

The fact that you wrote all that warrants a big "hmmmmmmmmmmm" in my book. Well I need to do some poking and proding later, I wonder? ^^

I do think that being here, coming up with these ideas for different characters and storylines, has helped me a bit-- I do think I could manage better as a writer somewhere down the line. I have realized I'm better in a team, though...

QuoteClose but not quite. ^^
If you look at the hair in my Mini template, you'll notice that it's not a solid color but a dual-node gradient composed of the exact same solid color on each side.

Why is this important?
Because a change in the source gradient affects ANY path or stroke using said gradient. So for example, if I wanted to tone Plan9-sama's body suit to a green color, I would only need to adjust one or two gradients. If I wanted to make it red instead, same thing. ^^

Ah, I remembered this was how the mini eyes were done, but I thought you meant you used some gradient technique for figuring out colors under different lighting circumstances...

QuoteAdmittedly, this is only useful if you plan to adjust the colors of the image (e.g., you're not entirely sold on the color map you might be using). I might actually use that for the upcoming BSD pictures (yep! It's my new mission in life to finish them! ^v^), especially since their position in the original group shot picture is still not set in stone. ^.^

That's really a clever idea! It would probably work quite well for NetBSD-tan's spacesuit, since I'm not sure of how it should be colored exactly...

QuoteNo, I think this is perfect -- in fact, it's brilliant! ^v^
Indeed, given the lighting condition used, it's only natural that NetBSD-tan's body suit is heavily muted much like you saw in the ensuing color mixture. In fairness, I never thought to do that myself -- instead I thought of real life examples. Put a book in a basement room with an old flourescent light and the colors look muted and washed. Take it out in a bright sunny day and it's vibrant and colorful. Wait till its sunset and everything is seemingly bathed in orange and heavy shadows.

Your method at least secures the science behind it, so you really deserve an awesome pat on the back. ^___^

I've actually been using this technique for a while now, not so much for different lighting conditions, but for skintones, determining shading and the such...the idea came to me when I thought of how a painter takes dabs of different colors on a pallet and mixes them together to produce a desired shade or hue...

Quote*squeals with delight* I still remember when Bella-hime was THIS tiny....

*makes exaggerated height motion with his hoof*

...and was still too afraid to put a Puppy inside an old CD-ROM tray. ^^

Now she's venturing in places even I wouldn't touch with a 10m pole!

*cries* Oh, they grow up so fast.... ;v;

Oh I'm still ascared to put a LiveCD inside a CDR tray...but what better way to learn about using a CLI than on a system that uses a CLI exclusively? Where all the programs and games are text-based? Plus it's interesting, for a self-proclaimed computer historian in training, to see how early computer societies worked ^^

QuoteNah! Actually, I think it's easier (or at least more interesting) working over preexisting colors. ^.^

BWAHAHAHA!!!! That definitely sounds very much like another day in the Userspace Gang! ^v^
Regarding the actual pic, while I'm not sure you wanted it to be quite this photorealistic, I think it's gona come out like that quite beautifully. Even the Oxygen tank looks freakin amazing! ^^

I like to do one thing at a time, but I was getting a bit stuck with NetBSD-tan, so today I worked on Inferno-chan...

...and one of her Inanimates. She and Volcano-chan are gonna end up right next to the oxygen tanks, I still have to draw her hands and stuff.

Though, I'm having second thoughts of the worse kind...I'm wondering if Inferno-chan should be wearing glasses in this pic. Yeah, yeah, I realize I was the biggest proponent of Proposition #683, "Make Inferno-chan a Megane", but somehow I think there's a certain megane-to-non-megane ration that should be maintained in this picture ^///^

QuoteJust a few quick things to fix before you proceed:

1 - without the nearby light source literally in her face, you're free to return some of Plan9-sama's original skin color since there's currently nothing on screen anymore to make it appear quite that white. ^__^

2 - We can use a little less blurring in the blue hue over NetBSD-tan's right arm. I did use some blurring in my shading too, but I tried hard to not overpower the Anime cel look.

3 - What's that yellow radial gradient on the glass? ''
Adding luminosity to the glass tube is tricky due to the curvature of the shape, On the other hand, the oxygen tank is inheriting some of the light from this yellow ball, so my guess is that it's just a placeholder for Inferno-chan's fire. ^__^

1- Yeah, I'll do that in the final version. Even now that's just a raster image as a placeholder (as to not make the file to huge).

2- Done.

3- Supposed to be metal, but the gradient was only to help me conceptualize where Inferno-chan would be.

C-Chan

I do think that being here, coming up with these ideas for different characters and storylines, has helped me a bit-- I do think I could manage better as a writer somewhere down the line. I have realized I'm better in a team, though...

So not only is your style CLAMP-like, but your work effort also.  ^__~

QuoteAh, I remembered this was how the mini eyes were done, but I thought you meant you used some gradient technique for figuring out colors under different lighting circumstances...

Nope.  Deep down in side, this piggy is not very smart.  ^^'

QuoteThat's really a clever idea! It would probably work quite well for NetBSD-tan's spacesuit, since I'm not sure of how it should be colored exactly...

The drawback is that it will be kind of a pain to change colors IF the design is even remotely complicated.

I have a test-run idea involving Pilot-chan that I may get to this weekend.  Might also give me a chance to see if I still got what it takes as far as Landscaping is concerned.  ^>^

QuoteI like to do one thing at a time, but I was getting a bit stuck with NetBSD-tan, so today I worked on Inferno-chan...

...and one of her Inanimates. She and Volcano-chan are gonna end up right next to the oxygen tanks, I still have to draw her hands and stuff.

*high pitched SQUEAL*  0v0

That level of cuteness is bound to break some import restrictions!  ^^
I'm only working off of memory again (Photobucket... -.-), so I can't give you exact details.  But I remembered how much I admired the lighting on her face, although I don't recall if her eyes had the right reflection luminosity from Volcano-chan's level.  The zero-G hair was spot on, with her two front bangs floating about like pigtails.  Volcano-chan didn't seem particularly well defined, though, as he needed a longer cone -- on the other hand, you may not have finished him.

QuoteThough, I'm having second thoughts of the worse kind...I'm wondering if Inferno-chan should be wearing glasses in this pic. Yeah, yeah, I realize I was the biggest proponent of Proposition #683, "Make Inferno-chan a Megane", but somehow I think there's a certain megane-to-non-megane ration that should be maintained in this picture ^///^

Ohhhhhhhhh-HOHOHO!!!!  ^o^
Silly Bella, tricks are for brats-who-stoop-low-enough-to-steel-food-from-a-starving-rabbit.  ^^

If she's in a ZeroG environment, of course she won't have her glasses,... they'd probably be floating somewhere above her, if not completely outside of the picture view.  Can't think of a better compromise.  ^.^

Quote3- Supposed to be metal, but the gradient was only to help me conceptualize where Inferno-chan would be.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear that I thought the orb was on the glass tube.  The oxygen tank is metal, I know -- glass oxygen tanks might as well be marked "Explode Me".  ^_____^

Bella

QuoteSo not only is your style CLAMP-like, but your work effort also. ^__~

Ironically, though, when I'm working I seem to like complete solitude. Or at least no distractions O.o

QuoteThe drawback is that it will be kind of a pain to change colors IF the design is even remotely complicated.

I have a test-run idea involving Pilot-chan that I may get to this weekend. Might also give me a chance to see if I still got what it takes as far as Landscaping is concerned. ^>^

*salutes C-Chan*

Godspeed to ye!  ;010

Quote*high pitched SQUEAL* 0v0

That level of cuteness is bound to break some import restrictions! ^^
I'm only working off of memory again (Photobucket... -.-), so I can't give you exact details. But I remembered how much I admired the lighting on her face, although I don't recall if her eyes had the right reflection luminosity from Volcano-chan's level. The zero-G hair was spot on, with her two front bangs floating about like pigtails. Volcano-chan didn't seem particularly well defined, though, as he needed a longer cone -- on the other hand, you may not have finished him.

I take it Inferno-chan is moe to an almost deadly degree? ^^

I got a bit tired with this picture for now, so I've been working a bit on DTSS-tan.

QuoteOhhhhhhhhh-HOHOHO!!!! ^o^
Silly Bella, tricks are for brats-who-stoop-low-enough-to-steel-food-from-a-starving-rabbit. ^^

If she's in a ZeroG environment, of course she won't have her glasses,... they'd probably be floating somewhere above her, if not completely outside of the picture view. Can't think of a better compromise. ^.^

Good excuse! I'll buy it!

Bella

First off, DTSS-sama:

This vector sketch has been lying around for awhile, since early October. I couldn't decide on a color scheme, however. I decided gold, tan and white would be good, and her hair color was inspired by NH's blinged-out capital building.

This one has a lot of little references to my state. She's wearing quartz earrings, holding a white birch walking stick, the tan + white color scheme is supposed to be wintry looking...

This next vector sketch had been lying around for over a month, semi-shaded. It's Tenex and Batch/11-tan.

Aurora Borealis

DTSS-sama looks absolutely stunning and is one of my favorite drawings of yours so far! ;019

I really did like your previous rendition of her and I am glad to see that a few features from it carried over to your latest one. The gold+white hair is unique, and the change to winter clothing and a cheerier color scheme gives her a free-spirited and down to earth vibe which puts her in sharp contrast with many OS-tans of her day!

Tenex-san looks very beautiful and sweet and I see she resembles her idol, TOPS-10-sama!

I like Batch-11-chan too, a cute little psychopath! ^_^

Bella

Thank you Aurora-sama! I really like how DTSS-sama turned out, too. I realized my first and second renditions of her were a bit too formal looking, but the third time was finally the charm. I was gonna draw Servant DTSS-tan and WAITS-san, but...ooopsie...my inspiration flew off again. I really should try to keep better track of it.

Tenex I wanted to share some things in common with TOPS 10-san, Multics-sama, and BTSS-san...I suppose she'd be a lot more elegant in a full-sized picture. Batch/11-tan is a bit psycho, but between you and me, she prefers the term "user un-friendly".

C-Chan

Yo Bella-hime,

Thank you again, and sorry for neglecting all your nice art threads.  I have seen them though and am amassing comments as we speak -- just have to save the rest for tomorow, since I pretty much have to wrap up my bombardment.

*salutes C-Chan*

Godspeed to ye!

*collapses*

uh.... never mind.  The C-chan ended up having.... shall we say... other plans.... ¬v¬

But I think there'll be plenty of opportunity to do those kinds of lighting experiments in the future.  I'm looking forward to it.  ^^

I take it Inferno-chan is moe to an almost deadly degree? ^^

Well if one hug can burn you to a crisp... then yeah... literally...... with pun intended.  ^^;

QuoteFirst off, DTSS-sama:

This vector sketch has been lying around for awhile, since early October. I couldn't decide on a color scheme, however. I decided gold, tan and white would be good, and her hair color was inspired by NH's blinged-out capital building.

This one has a lot of little references to my state. She's wearing quartz earrings, holding a white birch walking stick, the tan + white color scheme is supposed to be wintry looking...

Gyaaaaaaaah!  En-chan-tress!!!!!!!  @v@
I swear she looks like a kinder, gentler Multics-sama/CTSS-sama.  ^_____^

*starts grooming self and ordering movie tickets*

I know the clothes are immaculate without even looking at it -- you never disappoint in that department.  But of particular highlight this time around is in the feathered effects of her underskirt, as well as the convincingly remarkable way you drew all her fur lining.  To sa it's done exquisitely is liking calling a blazing sunset "kinda nice".  ^^

Boot style is not much of my cup of tea, but admittedly I'm sure it's warm and comfortable for her.  ^.^

Hair gets A+++++ in my book -- while admittedly she's like the 14,000th character that has peaked frontal bangs, the simply-elegant hat and the dual-color scheme (me like!) adds a well-deserved level of distinction.  ^___^

The inclusion of a few cultural references (taking advantage of your intimate knowledge of your home territory) is of course greatly appreciated and admired!  ^^

The only blemish I can think of really is in her ear -- since there's no interruption in the stroke, I'm not sure if that's the border between ear and face or an abstract representation of the inner ear.  Comparatively-speaking, though, it's a mere nitpick.  ^^

QuoteThis next vector sketch had been lying around for over a month, semi-shaded. It's Tenex and Batch/11-tan.

Fufufufu.... I... know... the secret... behind... Bella-hime's new chibis.  ^.^

Admittedly, we could curve out the boxiness a little more prior to the final versions.  However, with dazzling shading and faces like theirs imbued with so much personality, it's a great trade-off for just getting the point across.  

And to think you held out for so long in making chibis, and now it turns out you make some Damn Cute Ones [DMOs].  ^.^

that's it, i've had it!!!  I'm SWOONING this instant!  >v<

*MEGA SWOONS*

QuoteThank you Aurora-sama! I really like how DTSS-sama turned out, too. I realized my first and second renditions of her were a bit too formal looking, but the third time was finally the charm. I was gonna draw Servant DTSS-tan and WAITS-san, but...ooopsie...my inspiration flew off again. I really should try to keep better track of it.

Sorry.... -.-

=======================

In any event, I'll continue my bombardment tomorrow.  Want to wrap up the text portion so I can slate off about a week's worth of time to finish up as many drawings as I can in preparation for C-Day.  

I'm really confident I can this time -- I'll give it my all!!  >v<

Bella

QuoteYo Bella-hime,

Thank you again, and sorry for neglecting all your nice art threads. I have seen them though and am amassing comments as we speak -- just have to save the rest for tomorow, since I pretty much have to wrap up my bombardment.

No problem.

Quoteuh.... never mind. The C-chan ended up having.... shall we say... other plans.... ¬v¬

But I think there'll be plenty of opportunity to do those kinds of lighting experiments in the future. I'm looking forward to it. ^^

Ehm...how so?

QuoteGyaaaaaaaah! En-chan-tress!!!!!!! @v@
I swear she looks like a kinder, gentler Multics-sama/CTSS-sama. ^_____^

*starts grooming self and ordering movie tickets*

I know the clothes are immaculate without even looking at it -- you never disappoint in that department. But of particular highlight this time around is in the feathered effects of her underskirt, as well as the convincingly remarkable way you drew all her fur lining. To sa it's done exquisitely is liking calling a blazing sunset "kinda nice". ^^

Boot style is not much of my cup of tea, but admittedly I'm sure it's warm and comfortable for her. ^.^

Hair gets A+++++ in my book -- while admittedly she's like the 14,000th character that has peaked frontal bangs, the simply-elegant hat and the dual-color scheme (me like!) adds a well-deserved level of distinction. ^___^

The inclusion of a few cultural references (taking advantage of your intimate knowledge of your home territory) is of course greatly appreciated and admired! ^^

The only blemish I can think of really is in her ear -- since there's no interruption in the stroke, I'm not sure if that's the border between ear and face or an abstract representation of the inner ear. Comparatively-speaking, though, it's a mere nitpick. ^^

Any similarities between DTSS-sama, CTSS-sama and Multics-sama is purely intentional; I suppose DTSS-sama would be somewhat of a second-cousin to CTSS/Multics-sama.

The fur lining on the vest I actually did with the star shape--I should post the source, cause it's a bit hard to explain otherwise.

Wha? You don't like the boots? Pffh, I have fashion mukluks just like those. Same goes for the peaked front bangs. Yes, I got bored of having no hair in my face so...yippee...I cut some semi-bangs. Good thing I have no hair dye in the house, who knows what sort of irreparable damage I could've done.

And yes, that's supposed to be the boarder between the ear and face...

QuoteFufufufu.... I... know... the secret... behind... Bella-hime's new chibis. ^.^

Ovals ovals ovals.

QuoteAdmittedly, we could curve out the boxiness a little more prior to the final versions. However, with dazzling shading and faces like theirs imbued with so much personality, it's a great trade-off for just getting the point across.

And to think you held out for so long in making chibis, and now it turns out you make some Damn Cute Ones [DMOs]. ^.^

that's it, i've had it!!! I'm SWOONING this instant! >v<

Yeah, I go for speed with my chibis. It works out quite well, because I can get them done very fast.

QuoteSorry.... -.-

It's my fault...any normal person would be able to sit down and do a drawing, but I need a ton of special conditions... -___-

QuoteIn any event, I'll continue my bombardment tomorrow. Want to wrap up the text portion so I can slate off about a week's worth of time to finish up as many drawings as I can in preparation for C-Day.

I'm really confident I can this time -- I'll give it my all!! >v<

...Godspeed!

I think I may have finished up on the Plan9/Inferno/NetBSD-tan picture, but something's still off...I'll post the source so you can maybe tweak a couple of things (if you have the time-- I'd hate to put more on your plate).

I'm also planning on perhaps finishing a picture of WAITS-san, BTSS-tan, and FINALLY drawing a dignified picture of Unix-sama...and...somebody...else...

Added after 27 minutes:

Oh yeah. And here's a FSCKING HUEG wallpaper featuring VMS-sama and eCOS-tan.

http://fc82.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/309/e/3/VMS_and_eCOS_tan_by_DeviantOS_tans.png

Aurora Borealis

Excellent progress with the User Space Gang picture! The background looks really neat, especially the planet! But you forgot the shading on the space bunnies!

Bella

Yeah, I sorta, kinda, intentionally left the bunnies unshaded. I should probably rethink this, though...

And BTW, would anybody be as kind as to post the "Amiga ball tutorial" SVG for me? I went to the downloads section, but I can't download anything. I'm working on a picture where it might come in handy...naturally I'm a dunce when it comes to boolean operations, patterns and the such...

C-Chan

Yo Bella-hime!  ^___^
Thank you for the awesome (adorable?) new siggy you made -- it feels great to be a Constant.  I can now declare myself in all my Python scripts... Fufufu...! ^.^

*laughs at own nerdling joke*

I might have to call it an evening [tired], but for sure I'll be privileged to tweak the Userspace Gang picture.  ^v^

The characters themselves seem good so I don't think I'll do much there.  I'll focus my efforts on what I still think is my natural forte: background elements.  I want to fix the starfield and planet, as well as the oxygen canisters which still don't look metallic quite yet.  -v-

Oh, and as for the Amiga Ball tutorial.  Yes, that download quota in the Downloads section has been peaked for quite some time -- starting to worry it's broken.

Not to fear, though, as I have a spare.  ^__^

*attaches tutorial*

Added after 14 minutes:

QuoteEhm...how so?

Well barring some overwhelming affliction of teeth-shattering suckage, I do plan to continue software programming for a while.  And thanks to QT4, I've even been able to embed SVG graphics in some of my simpled applets done so far.  

Surely I'll have the chance to draw something or other with cool lighting.  ^^

QuoteThe fur lining on the vest I actually did with the star shape--I should post the source, cause it's a bit hard to explain otherwise.

*stares in AWE at sauce*

Wow.... honestly, that was too clever!  @v@
Here I thought you did something CPU intensive like randomizing star shapes and then applying blur effects on them.  Instead, you took the same semi-rounded star shape and pasted it several times till it created an organic "fuzz".  And then you finally grouped them to make them easier to move around!

I take my hat off before thee, Emperess Bella!  ^v^

Wha? You don't like the boots? Pffh, I have fashion mukluks just like those.

Eeep!  Um... didn't I say they're not my cup of tea?  ^^;

Uh... I meant.... yeah.... they're too FINE to be just puny tea..... They're more like my cup of...... uh.... capuccino.... yeah.... ^.^;

*blinks*

Wait,... are those the boots you tossed on me a few posts ago?  ^^;

QuoteSame goes for the peaked front bangs. Yes, I got bored of having no hair in my face so...yippee...I cut some semi-bangs. Good thing I have no hair dye in the house, who knows what sort of irreparable damage I could've done.

WOOHOO!!! Bella-hime is apparently a living anime girl.  ^^

QuoteIt's my fault...any normal person would be able to sit down and do a drawing, but I need a ton of special conditions... -___-

*internal suckage meter rises*

Sorry again.....  -______-;

...Godspeed!

I WON'T GIVE UP!!!  *does Gurren Lagann yell*  >>>>>>>>V<<<<<<<<

QuoteI think I may have finished up on the Plan9/Inferno/NetBSD-tan picture, but something's still off...

Aside from the aforementioned, I'm really loving this pic!  It's bold, creative and whimsical at the same time!  And the way you eventually integrated the bunnies works perfectly in my opinion.  ^^

I do still think you'll like all the tweaks I have in store.  I already know what to do, so no need to worry about me taking 50 weeks to get it done.    ^.^

Bella

QuoteYo Bella-hime! ^___^
Thank you for the awesome (adorable?) new siggy you made -- it feels great to be a Constant. I can now declare myself in all my Python scripts... Fufufu...! ^.^

*laughs at own nerdling joke*

Thank you :3

QuoteI might have to call it an evening [tired], but for sure I'll be privileged to tweak the Userspace Gang picture. ^v^

Thank you, again!

Keep in mind that the image of Plan 9-san is raster. I tried importing the vector image, but...several of the paths went missing in the process...

QuoteThe characters themselves seem good so I don't think I'll do much there. I'll focus my efforts on what I still think is my natural forte: background elements. I want to fix the starfield and planet, as well as the oxygen canisters which still don't look metallic quite yet. -v-

Yeah, I sorta rushed the background. I wasn't really sure what to do and was in a bit of a hurry.

QuoteOh, and as for the Amiga Ball tutorial. Yes, that download quota in the Downloads section has been peaked for quite some time -- starting to worry it's broken.

Not to fear, though, as I have a spare. ^__^

*attaches tutorial*

Thanks...

*looks at tutorial*

OMG...did you figure all that out on your own, or did you use some other tutorial for guidance? ;026

Quote*stares in AWE at sauce*

Wow.... honestly, that was too clever! @v@
Here I thought you did something CPU intensive like randomizing star shapes and then applying blur effects on them. Instead, you took the same semi-rounded star shape and pasted it several times till it created an organic "fuzz". And then you finally grouped them to make them easier to move around!

I take my hat off before thee, Emperess Bella! ^v^

I do try to take the least CPU intensive route, as Inkscape already takes quite a toll on my computer regardless of how little blurring I use. ^^'

Dunno how I figured to use the star shape that way...I guess I wanted to make it look more fur-like, I realized freehanding the path wasn't good enough.

QuoteEeep! Um... didn't I say they're not my cup of tea? ^^;

Uh... I meant.... yeah.... they're too FINE to be just puny tea..... They're more like my cup of...... uh.... capuccino.... yeah.... ^.^;

*blinks*

Wait,... are those the boots you tossed on me a few posts ago? ^^;

I don't know, actually. Those might have been my mock combat boots, my hiking boots, my platform boots, my tall boots, or my work mukluks, or my house boots...I really have a lot of boots O__o

QuoteWOOHOO!!! Bella-hime is apparently a living anime girl. ^^

No, I just have a strage obsession playing with my hair styles...

...Thus no hair dye being kept in the house XD

Quote*internal suckage meter rises*

Sorry again..... -______-;

Don't feel sorry for anything, okay?

...as a matter of fact, I've been busy today working on a picture...one I've always kinda wanted to draw but never really got around to. I won't say who's in the picture, but it'll really be unexpected...nobody would ever, ever imagine these characters together. At least under peaceful circumstances. And I'm hoping to make it uber-symbolic, right down to the colors and background. ^^

QuoteI WON'T GIVE UP!!! *does Gurren Lagann yell* >>>>>>>>V<<<<<<<<

*Jumps on YELLLLLLING bandwagon*

GYAAAHHH!!!!!! DON'T BELIEVE IN THE BELLA WHO BELIEVES IN YOU, BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!!!!!! Wait...did I say that right...? GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

QuoteAside from the aforementioned, I'm really loving this pic! It's bold, creative and whimsical at the same time! And the way you eventually integrated the bunnies works perfectly in my opinion. ^^

I do still think you'll like all the tweaks I have in store. I already know what to do, so no need to worry about me taking 50 weeks to get it done. ^.^

THAAAAAAANK YOOOOOOOU!!!! >o<

Wow, I've taking a liking to yelling. XD