Deusprogrammer's Art Thread

Started by deusprogrammer, September 07, 2007, 06:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deusprogrammer

I have two pictures for you that I want to share, they are directly XP-Tan Related, and in my gallery I have several more that are general Console/OS-Tans...I will post those here too if you like.  But keep in mind I don't consider myself talented here, so please criticize in everyway possible to help me improve =3.  Here is the first one:

And here is the second one:

Enjoy and please post your criticism.

Added after 2 minutes:

Here are the non-standard Console Tans I made.  First is Volt-tan which represents the company I work for:

Added after 1 minutes:

And this one...is completely random.  I know the torso is disproportionate to the head, but I still love her, she's so cute and adorable.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "deusprogrammer"I have two pictures for you that I want to share, they are directly XP-Tan Related, and in my gallery I have several more that are general Console/OS-Tans...I will post those here too if you like.  But keep in mind I don't consider myself talented here, so please criticize in everyway possible to help me improve =3.  Here is the first one:

Here are the non-standard Console Tans I made.  First is Volt-tan which represents the company I work for:

Added after 1 minutes:

And this one...is completely random.  I know the torso is disproportionate to the head, but I still love her, she's so cute and adorable.

sorry for cutting parts of your post in my quote.

Well, no expert here but I think I can give some critique, hoping to be of help.

The designs themselves are cute, but needs more anatomy. In the first pic (I'm only citing the ones quoted), the shoulders need better placing, specially her right one. The hair it's too stiff, and makes the head look flat at the top (especially, that part of hair above the ear-antenna it's too big, too stiff and should be moved a bit to the right (our left). May be personal taste, but the neck it's a bit too long. The face looks weird, maybe flat and the lines a way too inclined to the left (our right). The torso it's not bad, but the area below the armpit looks too big, should be made smaller (make the transition between front and back longer, more soft).

About your lines, they look a bit wobbly, as If you drew the lines slowly. That doesn't work, try doing fast and well defined strokes, and practice curved lines. As C-Chan mentioned in another thread, drawing your own hand could help. Try to draw people from photographs and magazines (or well, anime). DON'T trace. nor just copy. Get the idea of the pose with just an stick diagram, then convert it into geometric shapes to add volume, then draw the correct outline to give definition. Compare to the original (if you flip the drawing [look at it from behind, against the light. Or flip it with paint/photoshop] you can spot many mistakes that you didn't when you were drawing) You need to try thinking in 3D, understand why the arm looks "that way" when it bends.

Also, I guess you're using a tablet? Although I don't have one, I know they can be tweaked a bit. I'd suggest that you adjust the pressure sensibility, so you can do variable-width lines. They look far better than plain lines.

gl, hf.
And yes, I actually grasped some concept of anatomy by the method I'm talking about. Need to improve more, but I certainly draw better than 2 years ago.