Main Menu

Location Location Location

Started by L33t 4g3nt, May 08, 2005, 01:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 22, 2022, 11:41:43 PMthis is EXTREMELY late to the party, but parts of New England are decent, despite the cold. we have a fairly high cost of living compared to the rest of the country, but some of the smaller cities are doable, though our crime rate has gone up a smidge. but we're a fairly diverse population up here (especially Massachusetts, helps that it's the most populated), and overall lean liberal, which can help with adjusting since people tend to be a tiny bit more accepting. i have no experience with that, but my dad does (he immigrated from Europe in the 80's). someone in the south literally said after he said where he was from "That's wher all dem kangaroos er from, riiight?". he just kinda smiled and nodded.

as indicated by that, i'm from the Northeast US, where the cost of living is high and my state's wages are low! historic houses, beautiful scenery, rising drug problem, lack of affordable housing....

tbh i still love it here, despite itself. it's also nice that we don't have very much in the way of natural disasters here (blizzards, but otherwise the worst things in the region lately have been a drought due to climate change and an out-of-left-field tornado in Mass a few years ago). it can be a bit cold for people, though, so it's not for everyone. :0
I kinda wanna leave Florida, but everywhere else is expensive, cold, and/or deep red. :( I saw a mansion in West by god Virginia on a Facebook friend's wall, where it was indicated that she'd totally buy it and start a polycule group house if she had the money, but again, West Virginia. :v

Chocofreak13

unless they moved, two of our own live in WV. i'm sure they'd agree on some level that it's kinda gross (like, super republican, kinda religious, etc), but the scenery is supposed to be gorgeous, there's a lot of cool history there, and the cost of living is lower. plus, the climate's kinda moderate, i think? (some of their winters can be tough, depending on how far into the mountains you are.) i think the biggest things you'd need to worry about there (besides what's already mentioned) would be things like water quality due to coal mine pollution, as well as access to state services and the potential for poverty. but poverty's a concern everywhere. :0

i'm super biased, ofc, but i think you'd mostly like it here (the Northeast). you get used to the cold, and if you are, sweaters are a thing. i actually prefer that, since i can always put on another sweater--i can't remove my skin. ><;

my loyalties to here are for many reasons, though. despite our troubles, i'd be loathe to leave my family behind. (even after death. i try and visit the family grave a few times a year.)
click to make it bigger

Hālian He/him

My family, myself included, hates cold; that's why we moved to Florida. X3

Chocofreak13

ah, fair enough. i don't like it either, but the other aspects of New England make up for it for me. i also loooooove oversized sweaters. xD;
click to make it bigger

Soulfull390

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 05, 2022, 04:21:10 PMah, fair enough. i don't like it either, but the other aspects of New England make up for it for me. i also loooooove oversized sweaters. xD;
Sweaters are awesome ♡■♥ mate, Except wool. Wool sucks cause itchy sheep hair *shudders*
SJF

Windows XP-tan Best Girl

I like Japan Tokyo Anime-land  ::)  ::)  :P  :-*  8)  :P  ::)  ::)
Windows XP-tan Pro is the best girl to date, followed by ME-tan I like her Green Hair. Anyone can be anything they want to be I want to be a Windows XP-tan Pro.