OS-tan nicknames

Started by Exa, December 08, 2006, 03:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Oldest so far is DR-DOS-tan (aka CP/M), no?  ^___^

Circa 1975 perhaps?  ^v^'

CaptBrenden

-_- seriosly... people need to remember the chest size is not an exact thing...  they talk like its the all defining rule to it. forget the bloody rule!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zjhentohlauedy

yeah they should start breaking the RAM=Chest rule or there won't be any "loli-tans" appearing anytime soon  ;013
My my, aren't you lovely~

Kami-Tux

well, what about Minix-tan? Do her 4 MB Ram usage really make her a memhog?

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Like I said before, "memory size" should be relative to the age at which the OS was released, so it really shouldn't matter that much.  -v-

Even when Minix-tan was released, 4MB (or whatever she used back in circa 1990) was relatively small.  '.'

On the other hand, Apple Lisa-tan also has 4MB of RAM but is pretty well-endowed due to the fact she was born in 1981!

Better to think of it that way, or else it really WILL be a problem in the future when (whatever is left of) Windows fanboys start drawing XP-tan with inverse breasts due to using <1 TB of RAM.  'v'

Since this is a free art form with rules not set in stone, you shouldn't let them consume you.  -.-

Kami-Tux

*rofl*

I think Minix used less RAM than 4 MB at 1991... She ran on 8086s at that time which only could address 1 MB...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Exa

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"-_- seriosly... people need to remember the chest size is not an exact thing...  they talk like its the all defining rule to it. forget the bloody rule!

Okay, then why this "rule" (which is not really a rule, more like a tip or an advice) was invented at all? Or you don't like it because it means less or none lolis? ;)

C-Chan

Haha!  Less and less Windows lolis.... ^__^
More incentive to switch to less memory-hungry modern platforms.  ^.^

Maybe that rule/tip thingy doesn't sound so bad after all.  ^____^

I'm guessing it was invented for the same reason Gin-sama was made to like that bacterial lactic acid stuff,... it just sorta sprung up.  ^v^
Coupled with the Toshiaki lust for perversity, and you've got yourself a winning design formula that gets passed down to the following generations.  -.-