Spring Animu Lineup

Started by NejinOniwa, March 20, 2009, 07:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I'm not being enthusiastic much, here. Doesn't seem much things to get excited over. I MIGHT look over the new KyoAni series, I'll definitely take a look at whatever SHAFT is up to at the moment but I've no expectations for this one (then again I had even less than no expectations for Maria+Holic, and look where that got me so yeah, SHAFT can always deliver?), and Hayate S2 as well. Madhouse have delivered pretty well recently with Rideback, and I'm a bit of a sucker for the better Three Kingdoms stuff, so Souten Kourou will be on my list as well, I guess.
The only thing I've really got my hopes up for is Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't know how it'll start, but most likely it's gonna be a lot more true to the original mango. Sure, the first animu was good but when it started deriving off the track about halfway things started to lose their true edge (although I admit it was damning full with suspense to keep you up forever). Hopefully this'll do better. It was a while since I saw FMA (1), so only Ed's and Al's voices are that clear in my head - and those are staying, so no ghost. Most of the other cast is changed, but meh - the only one I can even remember somewhat is Roy, and his wasn't particularly good. Best scenario, cast better and manga-true -> EPIC WIN (hopefully.)

Read up on the rest of the spring lineup here.
http://that.animeblogger.net/2009/03/08/that-spring-2009-anime-preview/
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS