Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

...don.

......DON.

...........Doon?

<.<

ia, chigau.....

|>0|\|.

Lately, some of you have heard complaints from me about me feeling cheap as an artist for no work and all play. Now, I am on vacation in the americas (w00t!), just finished reading through the whole Megatokyo series in less than 7 hours and being depressed about my terrible sunburn (i hate florida. not much, but enough.) and thus have recovered my sense of life. Or something. Now, with me NOT being in Dead Nejin mode, I think it's time i did something creative for once. I have no scanner right now but i will when i get to texas in two days, and by then I should have at least some stuff ready, ne?

Oh, but first. As you might have noticed, I am currently on VACATION!!!
So I'll spend some 5 minutes to give you a quick recap...

First, flying over the atlantic was pretty savvy. The flight to Heathrow wasn't all that bad either, but the 747 we (meaningly I, my family and my onii-chan's girlfriend) rode over the great, blue ocean to JFK was fukken SAVED. And one of the stewards looked EXACTLY as James Bond series' Q, this was pretty amusing.
Our days in NYC weren't all that bad, although we didn't do much stuff really, just visiting Ellis Island, ground Zero and Chinatown, as well as squirrel-gazing in Central Park (heh heh). Currently I am residing in a fukken savvy villa in Hollywood, Florida, and during our days here we've drenched ourselves in the pool, the salty waters of Marathon out on the Florida Keys, and spit on gators in the Everglades (yes i know, that was very rude of us, but i didn't do it, promise). Tomorrow will be our last day here (with today being the day for the rest of the family to slack off with shopping, and for me to get up to date with my digital life), and we'll be visiting EPCOT before going to Dallas on wednesday. I'm such a happy little tourist, ain't i?

(i still hate florida though, damn damp shitcrap!)

Updates will come on both art and travels, most likely on wednesday evening (central time) sometime. Until then,

//Nejin-ssu
VACATION MODE

Oh and also:
The thread is no longer dead, HOORAY!!!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

C-Chan

Yo Nejin-san!  ^v^
You know of course that there's always an audience waiting here for your creative output.... ^.^

NejinOniwa

....SSUUUUUUUUU~!

^-^

So, took a little bit longer than expected, but we come here now and late is better than never, ain't it? And now I'ssu got stuffs with me. Not good quality at all cuz i dun have no scanny, so I just used a damn camera to take effin PICTURES of it, but think of it as sort of an, well, exclusive preview. *hem*
But just to bathe myself in my own blown-up sense of self-importance, I shall first delay ye with mindless ramblings on my travels until now.

Getta no speedo namerunaiyo~ -w-

Firstly, my days with my cousins in Dallas were somewhat more hectic than i had predicted them to be - with both Six Flags as well as getting rabid fangirls tying up my hair in ribbons, PINK RIBBONS WITH LACE, OH THE HORROR!!! - and I had thus no time for neither artistry nor even connecting up to this honorable outpost of the intarwebs - sorry 'bout that. Then i spent a few days in the great land of Arizona, in the first city to ever implement laws that restricts the light-pollution to near zero - Flagstaff. From there i learned that the desert is really big, the grand canyon is YES, very grand, thank you very much - and overheated as a damn oven to boot, but pretty to look at nonetheless - and also, that maybe I should have chosen some basic Astronomy instead of Psychology in high school (The Lowell Observatory was, well, as the man of science i am, a haven, yessu, a haven~). Oh, and also, why aren't railroads in the US electrified? Those trains are FUKKEN NOISY, slow as a taser'd snail, to boot.
And because of that it took a whole damn night for us to get to LA, and those beds weren't really the best either, so my spine was killing me. Anyway, yesterday we were just slacking off - although i have to say that those Pacific waves packs a punch; they're like an aquatic body slam!  - but today came a change, with my little sister's birthday (I HAS DELICIOUS CAEK, MUST EAT IT!!! >w<), and some friends from home who ran into us - man, the world is fukken small, when you think about it that way! - but not until this evening have i had time - yes, i've been damn busy! - to take good reach and fire up my paper and pencil and draw something. Tomorrow's going to be anything but tranquil, though - If anyone's down in the area, I'll be a VIP on the Key Club during the night - thanks to personal relations with the manager - and watch Metal Skool (some seriously good cover-band guys, if my info is right) 'til 3 AM, so drop by and say hello to the guy who looks like a girl! (Apparently I do, since half of the times some cashier, flight attendant, security personnel or whatever they address me as "Miss", which i find both disturbing and amusing.)

Anyways, onto what you've probably scrolled past all that rambling to see, the piccus! As i said it's just a non-edited sketch, and lacking both programs and scanner I really can't make it any better right now, but anywayssu! It's something, ne? So...have fun. ^-^

Oh, and cappy, please don't kill me for the gun looking like crap, I suck at guns, seriously. So this is some sort of, um, Emo DC-Tan, or maybe not, but, like, cut up and stuff regardless. With a gun. So...yeah, watch out. ^^

Tsubashi

Nejin-san! It's been a while since we have seen you, ne?
Welcome back, and nice drawing.
I don't have much to say about your trip, other than "Don't judge all the US's rail systems by one state's. I'll have you know that there are some places with very nice 'electrified' ones."

I don't think you need to worry to much about the gun since a)it is a sketch, b) it's a pirate's gun, it's entitled to look different! ^^;
-Tsu

C-Chan

Yo Nejin-san!  ^___^

*turns neck sideways*

*snaps necK*

GAH!  >_<

I take it you didn't bring your Buntu CD after all, cause otherwise you could've used GIMP or something.  ^^
The sketch is good, but I take it the photo doesn't do it justice, and besides that it could've used a 90 degree clockwise rotation.  ^.^
The "cappy" would kill you over something else long before he'd notice the gun.  ^v^

Sounds like your trip is goin' rather fun (I mean, by GAWD, you're seeing the Grand Canyon!).  ^___^
As for the trains, that's easy.  The powers that be in the States HATE trains and would rather they just go away at long last and be replaced with more cars.  The louder and noiser the trains are now, the more incentive citizens have of buying cars and the more incentive tourists like yourself have of renting one.  ^.^

Granted there are exceptions (the light rails in New Jersey are very cool, and it's no small wonder they're built in Japan -- in stark contrast to New York City subway transit which is chock full of HORRORS... @__@), but you're not gonna find [say] nationwide Maglev trains in the States any time soon.  ^___^'

NejinOniwa

Hehehe, dayou-ne? I mean, NYC subway system...more like, National Oversized Rat Preserve! I mean like, ew. (not been to new jersey, though)

Tsubashi

QuoteThe "cappy" would kill you over something else long before he'd notice the gun. ^v^

True. Captain-san prefers all pictures to stay well within a normal browsing window. Still, I'll let him take care of that ^.^

Quotebut you're not gonna find [say] nationwide Maglev trains in the States any time soon. ^___^'

But we can dream, right? ^^'
*Sigh*
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

As long as you don't do it all too much, nyoro -w-
Oh, and currently i is working on a sleepy saseko. I need sum shugyo, ssu! I'm finding myself awfully un-inventive right now, so I'm having a bit of a hard time making up new concepts...

...wtev. -w-

NejinOniwa

Saseko piccya, pheizu wan, finish!
Now for looking round moar stuffs for the details for phase two...to lazy to bother with photographemz thou, ya'll hafta wait til i getsum home to mah scanner. -w-

Travels report!
Today, i was watching whales. They were, sum, big, ssu. >w<
Also, tomorrow I'll be leavin the LA area, for the last destination of my trip, Niagara Falls. Yar!

C-Chan

Oooh,.. Niagara Falls. ^__^
Would you be legally allowed to enter the Canadian side?  It's very neat on that side,... or at least it was 12 years ago... ^.^

(Probably still is if Toronto is any indicator of the state of all Ontario.... ^__^)

NejinOniwa

Giyaaaaaaaan!!!
AI IS HOOOMESSU!

>w<

But...

I is sick, I has not slept anything at all on teh aroplanez, I HAZ 9 FLESHLY HAORS OF JETLAG, MAI LUGGAGE IS STILL ON HEATHROW AND SCHOOL STARTS TOFFEEMORROW.

*grumble*

Therefore i am too lazy to go scan the stuff I've doodledrawn these last days right now (3 piccies, fyiz), since the scanner is in the other side of mah apartment and there's no network connection set up to it. Guh.

But anyway! Yes, sempai, we went to the canadian side (HAH! I HAS NOW BEEN IN CANADA! HAH!) - damn fancy, seriously! And the falls themselves weren't anything to joke aboot either - liek...dood. Big stuff, man.

But, as i said, i is too tired right now for anything more than just "meh" stuff. So I'll just go play some NFSMW or Halo before i go to sleep...

C-Chan

Poor Nejin-san.  ^^

Oh well, welcome back dude!  ^v^

Hold your head up high and proud now that you've been in Lilly-san's domain and survived to live the tale!  ^v^

As for your airport escapade, horrid sign of the times.  ^___^
The sooner we popularize LTAV transport, the sooner we can ditch those noisy planes and fill the sky with floating... thingies.... a la Miyazaki's Laputa.  ^.^;

NejinOniwa

How 'bout that underwater vacuumized maglev train tunnel they were thinking about building?

C-Chan

Going underground is like sooooooooooooo 20th century.  ^___^
The future is in the skies!  ^v^

NejinOniwa

oi, i said underWATER, you know, that's not the same thing. It's liek, a submarine at the speed of sound.

-w-