Random PC Questions

Started by Laevatein, February 19, 2007, 08:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"Speaking of which,... *twiddles hooves*... how are the.... *cough cough*.... Amiga "partitions" doing?  ^___^

Amiga Partitions thru Linux-Unix?

Linux can access Amiga partitions only if formatted in old Amiga Fast File System called FFS (AFFS).

(Not to be confused with FFS from BSD)

http://tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/partitions.html#can-linux-access-amiga-file-systems

Forget to use modern Amiga FilsSystems like:

- FFS2

- PFS (Professional File System)

- and Journaled File sistem called Smart File System SFS.

Amiga reads USB memory keys thru normal Windows FAT...

You can also access Amigas from your Linux machines thru Samba.

Using Amiga Emulators UAE, WinUAE, E-UAE, then you can create fake hard disks that are seen by Linux and Windows as enormous files (512 megabytes, 1 gigabyte, etc...).

These fake harddisks can format and mount normal Amiga filesystems totally transparent to the host system and you can access hte fake/virtual HDDs using the emulator facilities.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Great sugoiness, I finally know everything there is to know about how Miggy-san accesses my hard drive.  ^.^

But I actually put 'partitions' in quotations since I was trying to ask you in secret how your Amiga machines were doing.  As AmigaBob will tell you, the health of an Amiga system owned by anyone here is top priority for me.  ^.^

Oh, and now that I'm growing as a Linux user and have started using virtual machines, I think I will go ahead and try emulating Amiga-sama.  ^___^

(or barring her, at least MorphOS or AROS)....  ^.^

(AROS,... naturally,... standing for AMIGA Research Operating System.....)

(Anyone who says otherwise shall have his/her/its lungs ripped out, breaded and pan-fried by a temporarily-insane piggy.  ^______________^

*twtich twitch*