How about make a OS-tan fan game???

Started by Xi Wang chan, February 18, 2007, 02:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xi Wang chan

Hello!!

I looking for a videogame from OS-tan (Plus to fighting), An I will love so much a Shooter game, Can somebody help me? (I can paste sounds, backgrounds, sprites with a bit of code using Game Maker)...

If you are interested on it, write me please ^Ã,¬^...

Xyanide

There already is a fighting game of OS-tan, leave the videogame making to the japanese fan boys because they usually put so much time in it that it's hard to distinguish it from a studio release.

but sure you could give it a try, you can get some sprites and from the MUGEN OS-tan fighting game in the download section of the forum.

C-Chan

QuoteThere already is a fighting game of OS-tan, leave the videogame making to the japanese fan boys because they usually put so much time in it that it's hard to distinguish it from a studio release.

but sure you could give it a try, you can get some sprites and from the MUGEN OS-tan fighting game in the download section of the forum.

Haha!  Well with that kind of mindset, it's no wonder the Japanese fan boys do all the cool stuff if the implication is that no one else will even try.  -v-;

If not for the fact that I've already committed to creating micro-OVA's, I wouldn't mind giving game-making a shot.  I used to do game modifications with anime characters before (both 2D and 3D(, so it's definitely not far-fetched.

QuoteHello!!

I looking for a videogame from OS-tan (Plus to fighting), An I will love so much a Shooter game, Can somebody help me? (I can paste sounds, backgrounds, sprites with a bit of code using Game Maker)...

If you are interested on it, write me please ^Ã,¬^...

Quiobole, Xiwang!  ^__^

It is true that we do have the OS-tan MUGEN fighting game available for download in this site.

http://ostan-collections.net/downloads.php?cat=2

However, you may have to post some more in order to begin downloading these files comfortably.  ^v^

So feel free to chat in some of the other threads.  ^__^

Also, here's the thread dedicated to the OS-tan fighting game:

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-273.html

And another thread where other game projects were proposed:

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-122.html

It might be hard to get some help on this for the reason described on that particular thread.  But maybe if you gave us some more details of what you're planning to do, which characters are gonna appear and what your skills are, maybe we can find some ways to help.

Also, don't forget to formally introduce yourself here... ^v^

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-125-980.html

Xi Wang chan

Teee ^x^, I looking for a shooting game /..\ (Not for fighting game -.-); because I don't find nothing, I wish make one... but for look reasons, is because it I looking for sprites according to 2d shooter game and japanese voices too...

Thanks for replies ^.^...

CaptBrenden

o_o a shooter game... never really thought about it before but it might be posible.. or a scrolling arcade shooter like aero fighters...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Xi Wang chan

Thank you. I draw and design too, but now I need my inspiration /..\ (Is missed since a few months T.T)...

Thanks more time ^.^...

CaptBrenden

so... what exactly are you asking for?

Xi Wang chan

Mmmmm, sprites cute (SD) draw as if was fliying or something (Sorry for lexycon T.T)...

CaptBrenden

humm cant think of any.. cept one of XP MCE somewhere...

C-Chan

So... you... can... draw and design,... but you need sprites?  ^^;

.....................Okay.... -v-

Like the Captain said, the flying bit (especially for SD renditions) is rare, so you're better off designing those frames yourself.

But if you want inspiration, you can't go wrong with these chibi OS-tans:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=17

Personally, I think an adventure side-scroller is better suited to the OS-tans, but maybe you have a specific idea for the shooter.  -v-

CaptBrenden

or you could do a doom 3 mod where you play from the view of hako protecting 98 from virus snakes like in the flash!  you could have a co op mode where Hako SE joins in!

zjhentohlauedy

My my, aren't you lovely~

Xi Wang chan

Well, I talking about a shooter because it a loot easy for program it and sprites not very complex too ^.^...

Therefore, a nice result can be an arcadia+quest... may be do some common tasks (move, defrag, copy, scan) with characters running about (Literally ^.^)...

A little bit complex but more cute ^-^...

(Ah!, I a medium-poor animator T.T...)...

Ah! I forgot!, and 2d sidescrolling...

Kami-Tux

The easiest would surely be a textmode RPG. A different one for every OS-tan. It should be like Colossal Cave and the treasures would be things like RAM, red-white balls to juggle with, and so on...

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Xi Wang chan

Can you reply a more details ^-^...

Added after 18 minutes:

Ah! I request variable info about other OS without 98, 98SE and XP because I have these OS on my PC's (e.g.: connection time, memmory consumption, etc.)...