Huh...just had an odd thought.

Started by zerodin, February 07, 2007, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

QuoteIt is just a photo of a laptop running Amiga emulator, guy...

Actually, it's not even that! It a Powerbook G4 displaying a picture of the Guru Meditation Screen (Zoom in on the lower right corner of the screen and you can see the controls, I forgot to hide them! ^_^)

I just though it would be cool. ^^;
-Tsu

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Tsubashi"
QuoteIt is just a photo of a laptop running Amiga emulator, guy...

Actually, it's not even that! It a Powerbook G4 displaying a picture of the Guru Meditation Screen (Zoom in on the lower right corner of the screen and you can see the controls, I forgot to hide them! ^_^)

I just though it would be cool. ^^;

Well... Althoug it is cool,   ;010  but at this point you can do more.

So double the fun  ;012  and load this emulator on your laptop. Try it yourself:

http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/

And here came instructions on how to run it properly:

http://www.thinkcommodore.com/Amiga/AmigaEmulators/E-UAE/E-UAE.html

Quick guide:

http://www.thinkcommodore.com/Amiga/AmigaEmulators/EUAEQuickGuide/EUAEQuickGuide.html

Powered by Macintosh site ThikCommodore

http://www.thinkcommodore.com/
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa

Wait...how the HELL do you get the exact look of the BSOD, or whatever? It's not like you can take a screenshot or anything, right? -.- ;013
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kami-Tux

You can look into the source code... or you can photograph it or just remember it.

BTW: BSOD-screensaver are a bad idea: "Kami-Tux, I was in your room and I saw your PC was crashed. I rebooted it!" - "What do you mean, Mom, crashed?" - "It bluescreened" (needless to say I wasn't even using Windows at that time :)

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Lovee

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"You can look into the source code... or you can photograph it or just remember it.

BTW: BSOD-screensaver are a bad idea: "Kami-Tux, I was in your room and I saw your PC was crashed. I rebooted it!" - "What do you mean, Mom, crashed?" - "It bluescreened" (needless to say I wasn't even using Windows at that time :)

Remember... what a hard work -v-
and i had a BSOD-screensaver on my mac, but i never used it^.^

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Wait...how the HELL do you get the exact look of the BSOD, or whatever? It's not like you can take a screenshot or anything, right? -.- ;013

There are various methods:

Use Windows in a virtual environment. So you are free to use programs of your main window GUI and capture the screen of the emulated machine.

Send the image to TV or recorder at max 640x480, or even send the output which shows BSOD to the input port of another computer which has live digitizer connected to it....

To use a digital device which could bypass video-cable and connect directly to the video port to capture screens.
(Polaroid for example have some in their catalogue).

Use a professional repair device which conncets to PCI and allows to monitorize the hardware and it has some secondary features like freeze situation (freeze frame), take pictures, ecc.

And there are many, many other methods.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa

Even so it sounds like a big friggin bother to me.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS