Main Menu

Deskmate-tan?

Started by zerodin, February 07, 2007, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laevatein

Now THAT's vintage stuff there XD Coco-tan's cute, especially her name XD

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

zerodin

Yeah, that's what I like about her, she falls into all these play on words.
Her name is Coco so I gave her dark skin. Coco even sounds like a real name.

Aurora Borealis

I think Coco is a cool name too! Making an OS-tan or related character is especially fun (and maybe easier) if she has a name or codename(s) that one can easily make references to!

C-Chan

Yeah, that way we don't have to worry about coming up with a nickname.  ^v^'

FYI, Laevatein,... you know of course that Coco-puff,... er, I mean Coco-tan is WAY older than even the oldest Windows-tan, right?  ^__~

zerodin

Yeah, she's OLD! Like 27, that's alot in computer years!

C-Chan

That would put TRSDOS-tan well past her 30's then.  ^^;

THe oldest OS-tan I've drawn to date is DR-DOS-tan, and only because I still consider her to be the same as CP/M from the mid-70's.

Older still will be [Bell Labs] UNIX-sama when I finally complete her....  ^.^

Past her, there are still a few gems to pursue.....  -.-

Big reason why I laugh at the "ancient" 95-tan.  ^v^

zerodin

When I get my version of Deskmate-chan done. I'm gonna do a comic with her trying to steel her sister's crayons, cause the Coco series went all the way up to 64 colors(model 3) Where as the Tandy 1000 only has 16!

Darknight_88

Coco? wow...didn't knew something like that existed. Now that's old >_>
Very good, I like it. Good job zerodin  ;010

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Big reason why I laugh at the "ancient" 95-tan.  ^v^

ara?
ara ara?

*slash*
*slash*
*slash*
Now ppl, what do you think if we organize a bbq?

zerodin

LOL!
What I think is so neat is that you can take like any aspect of the OS or computer, the tan is based on and make that a personality trait, like how ME is always hungry. I'm gonna run with that concept!

CaptBrenden

no ME crashes, XP is always hungery, but yes, thats the key part of a tan that I like.. its the ones with no personality and are just an anime girl wiht bits of whatever attached to her... those suck -_-
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

zerodin

Coco-tan is likely to haul around a tape deck with her. X3

zerodin

Deskmate-tan is coming along nicely, I remember deskmate having alot of business-type supliments, including spreadsheets and the like.
Therefore she'd probably wear a suit, and have a briefcase. a 1980s business woman!

C-Chan

Ah yes, I saw her in your user gallery.  ^___^

Very very nice, I definitely appreciate the composed businesswoman-look (and the Tandy logo on her briefcase).  -v-

I can picture TRS-DOS-tan scolding Coco-tan, and pointing out how she should be more like Deskmate-tan -- "a fine example of Radio Shack professionalism"!

*snicker snicker*

*chuckle chuckle*

*cackle cackle*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Sorry, couldn't hold it....  -v-'

zerodin

That's ok, and thanks! XD
I plan on doing a pic of Coco-tan in a Dungeons of Daggorath reference at some point, though I'll be gone for about a week Sunday.