Main Menu

Deskmate-tan?

Started by zerodin, February 07, 2007, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerodin

Anyone else have a Tandy-1000 in the early 90s.
It had it's own Windows style shell called Deskmate, and it was pretty good!
For those who dunno what I'm talking about.
http://toastytech.com/guis/deskmate.html

Wonder what a Deskmate-tan would look like.
She wouldn't be no A-cup that's for sure!  ;012
I'm thinking along the lines of a naugthy school teacher look.

C-Chan

YAY!!!  I'm so proud of you for thinking about vintage GUIs and computer systems.  ^___^
(the Deskmate GUI, incidentally, reminds me of modern-day BIOS screens).

I myself specialize in drawing vintage and underrepresented OS-tans.  While I haven't considered breaking up the Tandy systems among different releases, and certainly didn't know about Deskmate until you brought it up, I have so far drawn a TRS-DOS-tan.  She was meant as a catch-all for the TRS OSes (or at least the old TRS-80 from the late 70's, as later Tandy computers used OS9, DEC and other operating systems).

Unfortunately, she's so far only been drawn as a minor character amongst some major ones, and therefore neither I nor Aurora have rendered her as anything other than a chibi.  But a full-sized version will be in the works eventually if you're interested.  ^___^

Incidentally, given the age and the stubborness of the original TRS-80, TRS-DOS-tan is a puritanical girl the likes of which would put Mahoro to shame.  -v-

Here's my last in-progress pic featuring her (at the end):

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pos=-4308

Added after 18 minutes:

BTW, I'm always eager to have people here draw new OS-tans, so if you do decide to go ahead and draw a Deskmate-tan, I'll support you 100%!!  ^v^

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander!"

If Windows is deserving of having an OS-tan for every single one of their releases known to man, why shouldn't the same hold true for the legendary Tandy line?!  ^v^

zerodin

C-Chan

Cute enough to give you the fervor to draw Deskmate-tan, I hope?  ^____^

In any case, do keep me posted on that, since I'll need to know (for the Wiki) whether TRS-DOS-tan is gonna have siblings....  -v-

zerodin

Did one better.
Here's Coco-tan.(dunno if she's been done before)

She's a little bit....trashy? *pinky to lip*

C-Chan

Nope, methinks that's the first Coco-tan.  ^__^
And given how "revolutionary" the Color Tandy was (*snicker snicker*), it only makes sense she's the complete reverse of her uptight older sister.  -v-

zerodin

I had a trash-80 when I was a kid and I loved it! Then one day it died, and I scavenged it for electronics parts when I went through that electronics hobbyist phase.

C-Chan

FYI, for anyone not knowing WTF we're talking about, you can read up about the TRS-90/"Coco" here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-80_Color_Computer

Actually, that's the first Tandy computer to not have a proprietary OS.  According to the article, it used FLEX9 and OS9 (not to be confused with Mac OS9).

Added after 1 minutes:

Back in the day, btw, I only owned an Atari 8-bit.  I do have an OS-tan idea for her (AtariDOS), although it's AtariTOS who I'm considering making older-looking and,............... a bit "cheap".....  -v-'

zerodin

I see alot of chibi versions on this site, I can manage that with the animedoll model I used for coco.

C-Chan

Yeah, I love doing chibis cause it's faster (could produce one chibi in a matter of hours) and often times cuter, whereas full version models (even with the help of Aiko) generally bring out the evil perfectionist in me.  (hence they may take me up to two weeks to do)

Poser will come very useful once it's time to make micro-OVAs or comics, since I'll need to create full-sized version of the characters, but can cope out on the quality due to the quantity of images that'll be required.  Poser will help take care of the issue of perspective and camera angle.  -.-

zerodin

Well I got my gallery started and posted an additional pic of her ^^

Aurora Borealis

Nice job! Coco-tan looks very cool! (No, it's not because of how scantily-clad she is, mind you! ^^; ) :D

zerodin

thank you! The nickname of those computers is why I had her dressed like that.

C-Chan

Fufufu... "Trash"-80.  Had Radio Shack/Tandy not decided to pull them out of the market, I wonder what they'd be called now....  ^^

But in any case, I do love how she looks, and best of all, you now have the potential to create more images of her very quickly.  -v-

In any case, you have your gallery folder up,... good.  ^___^
But how's about uploading her to the Vintage folder as well?  We could use some good vintage-tans to help us compete against the XP, 2K, ME, 3.1-sama folders....  ^v^

Also, you will still be doing a Deskmate-tan, no?  'v'

zerodin

Gonna take a crack at her.