Gaming Recommendations

Started by Laevatein, February 06, 2007, 02:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Guess the topic has gone to general recomendations, not just recomendations for flight sims.  As for that 360 flight sim.. its not really.. -_- I like realistic flight sims.. (as the driving game people love the tarismo series for more realistic driving performance)  Blazing angels in which you refer is more like playing a WWII starfox.. unlimited ammo and fule, as well as bombs or rockets.. not cocpit view.. really.. its fun to play but just isnt as meaty as I like a sim to be. Its a casual players sim.. verses a sim that a person truely interested in flight would play.  

I just remembered my first true flight sim.. Megafortress.. so old the buildings were just grey polygons.. ahh those were the days.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Xyanide

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Quote from: "Xyanide"I used to love combat flight sims when i was younger, i played the "F22 Raptor" series the most wich was fairly realistic, but not too realistic so it doesn't have a huge lurning curve.
There is a recent WWII combat flight sim around on xbox360 i believe but apart from that combat flight sims (or any vehicle combat sim) are an almost extinct since novalogic doesn't exist anymore.
Most combat games today also feature multiple vehicles so there really isn't need for a game anymore that's just a tank combat sim or a jet fighter sim.

I beg to differ: Novalogic DOES exist. But they don't make flight sims anymore, seems they're completely devoted to their Delta Force series.
I also played "F-16 Multirole Fighter" (F-16 combat flight sim), "Comanche 3" (helicopter flight sim)... and "Armored Fist 2" (Tank simulator). All from Novalogic.
And more recently, Comanche 4

dude of course i know about delta force(I kinda liked the first one), but that was like years ago and after that i never heard of novalogic anymore.

Laevatein

Novalogic released Delta Force Extreme about a year ago IIRC (and I enjoyed playing DF: Black Hawk Down), so Novalogic is far from dead, just staying low at the moment.

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman